Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smaffei

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
I hate to be a wet blanket...

...but talking about iTunes Match in a public forum such as this violates your developer NDA.

smaffei

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Didn't Apple violate their own NDA by posting information such as what's found on http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/? :rolleyes:

Uhmmm... this was at the bottom of the iTunes Match developer e-mail, wise guy:

"Pre-release software, including information about pre-release software, is Apple Confidential Information and is subject to the terms of your iOS Developer Program License Agreement. Unauthorized distribution or disclosure of Apple Confidential Information is prohibited."

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Of my 7,002 song iTunes Library, 6,521 songs were matched. I think that was pretty good. It is now uploading the rest to iCloud. I has been going for half the day and is only at 50 songs uploaded. This is going to take forever.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
so i signed up for iTunes match it started doing step one but i had to cancel it. Now when i try to redo it its stuck at step one but its not even working. any suggestions on what i need to do to get it to work. i feel like i just wasted my money. this is frustrating.

I am assuming we will get to use a working version eventually with that $25. I am glad it was an iTunes gift card and not my actual money though.

besweeeet

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
Uhmmm... this was at the bottom of the iTunes Match developer e-mail, wise guy:

"Pre-release software, including information about pre-release software, is Apple Confidential Information and is subject to the terms of your iOS Developer Program License Agreement. Unauthorized distribution or disclosure of Apple Confidential Information is prohibited."

Still. I think you skipped over what I posted: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/13331780/

Anyway, keeps getting stuck at step 2. Not liking what I'm seeing so far.

besweeeet

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
I'm at step 3 now. Apparently, only 166 of my 800 songs were matched. Time to upload everything else... :mad:

fadedsoulz

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2011
This is driving me insane.. I've been trying to get iTunes Match to work for the past few hours, but iTunes keeps crashing once it tries to move on to step 2. I've tried following the stuff above and even updating to the newest version of 10.7.2 to no avail.
Crash report : Process: iTunes [260]
Path: /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes
Identifier: com.apple.iTunes
Version: 10.5 (10.5b118)
Build Info: iTunes-10509918~1
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [128]

Date/Time: 2011-09-11 18:34:20.412 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C55)
Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: 26

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[260]: garbage collection is OFF
*** error for object 0x7fe58280c6d0: pointer being freed was not allocated

kslingo

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
anyone else getting stuck on step 3 when uploading songs???

I don't know if its because I'm running off a external drive or what, but it just gets to a certain number and won't go any more...

besweeeet

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
anyone else getting stuck on step 3 when uploading songs???

I don't know if its because I'm running off a external drive or what, but it just gets to a certain number and won't go any more...

My iTunes Match stuff would stop for up to 15 minutes at a time before continuing...

RyanR.

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Virginia
This really is a discussion for the developer forums. Please take the conversation there you should find better help there. "it's a beta" if you all are expecting bug free (relatively) then you should save your money until the final release.

Than you,
Ryan

P.S.

Apple is also giving an additional three months to developers free for helping test it out.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Didn't Apple violate their own NDA by posting information such as what's found on http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/? :rolleyes:
You cannot legally make a contract with yourself. Thus Apple cannot violate any rules it creates itself.
Apple can behave inconsistently which in extreme cases could make some contracts (or rather some elements of the contracts) invalid. A bit like the CIA/FBI/military being able to determine what an ex-member can publish in its memoirs. As soon as the agencies themselves publish something, they might be on difficult legal grounds if they want their ex-employees to not publish something.
It gets even trickier if the information has been published by third-parties, eg, newspapers. How can you stop somebody citing a newspaper even if the same information was known to the ex-employee initially only because of his work.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Got it all done, but when I try to play a song on my iPhone, all of my non-iTunes bought music is greyed out. Music I bought through the iTunes Music store I can click on, but it doesn't play.

BCMpdx

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
anyone else keep getting prompted for a shared library "iCloud Library" password? I've tried entering my apple ID password and user password to no avail. Nothing set in Prefs > Sharing. Any ideas?

xiaoyuwang

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
Cancellation?

Does anyone know how I can cancel the iTunes Match? look all over but couldn't find one. Also, would I be able to get some refund for the 25 bucks? I just need to migrate to another account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.