Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aytu

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2013
Usage could mean a lot of things. An hour of music and an hour of gaming would have different impacts on the battery.

In the first few days of getting iOS7, I did notice a battery hit on my 5 but now, a month later, my battery life is just as good as it was on iOS 6. So I believe it gets better with time or simply our usage patterns revert back to normal. (we do tend to abuse our phones after a new, shiny update)

Thats true, usage means a lot but with ios7 my phone would not stby for 2+ days even if i never touched it, let alone 15 hrs of "any" usage. And I am pretty sure I did not change my patterns. With ios6 I used to charge my phone once every 2-3 days, now I have to at least once a day. Maybe there is sth you changed after a while to extend battery life? If so I would be happy to learn about it.
I also noticed that the device gets very warm, which had never happened before. That is another sign that the phone/battery is overloaded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.