Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenHoleton

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
It's retraining for those who didn't get the memo to use the new cover sheet on their tps reports

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
The hardware is simply disco balls and lasers for the 10th anniversary gala.

Yes, Apple's weathered the Economic Storm, but how long can they last? Especially with Android starting to surpass their iPhone sales, as well as their computers being still on the high-priced side.

Yeah you are right. Every quarter they sell more product than previously. They are doomed! RIP

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
fifthavenue_gallery_image1.jpg

I would hate to be the one responsible for hanging the curtains at that location. :p

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
The hardware is simply disco balls and lasers for the 10th anniversary gala.

Yeah you are right. Every quarter they sell more product than previously. They are doomed! RIP

Haha seriously. Not to mention that doesn't take into account iPods and iPads, the latter is selling faster than it can be produced.

rhender

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
Last year Apple announced its Back to School free iPod touch with a Mac computer purchase on May 25.

Sounds like they are planning a big event for this year. Maybe they are expanding the BTS offer to include a free iPhone with Mac purchase and new/renewed cell contract.

The iPhone is the same value ($199) as the iPod touch from the previous event. This also would fit in well with the rumored fall release of the next generation iPhone, and with this being a US only event.

qzxyu

macrumors member
May 7, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Last year Apple announced its Back to School free iPod touch with a Mac computer purchase on May 25.

Sounds like they are planning a big event for this year. Maybe they are expanding the BTS offer to include a free iPhone with Mac purchase and new/renewed cell contract.

The iPhone is the same value ($199) as the iPod touch from the previous event. This also would fit in well with the rumored fall release of the next generation iPhone, and with this being a US only event.

This could be an interesting point, however the gentleman who proposed that this would also include a free iPad earlier in the thread.... This is about as probable as the rapture on saturday.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Apple has never been big on anniversaries. Other than a homepage update on their 30th, they've never really done much. And I don't forsee them even acknowledging their 10th anniversary for their retail sector. It's kind of an obscure thing to celebrate.

I'm starting to think that the BGR report is just flat out wrong - or an exaggeration at best. Apple's stock was off 2% today, which is fairly significant. It easily could be someone starting a rumor to boost the stock. These types of rumors are not that uncommon. Remember the rumors about Apple purchasing ARM last year? Or Apple potentially purchasing Nintendo a few years ago?

If it were a big product - or even a product update, it wouldn't happen on a Sunday.

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
They could do that.

Wouldn't it be something if this was for the release of Lion, I know they wouldn't, but I'd like to imagine :rolleyes:

I'm also thinking the following are possible:

1. New Mini
  2. XMac
  3. Revamped Mac Pro
  4. Back to school promotions.
  5. New Mac Book AIRs with supporting Thunderbolt hardware.

In any event I wouldn't rule out Lion but the norm here is to release to developers first. However Apple is in the habit of releasing new hardware just prior to WWDC. The timing is right for many updates so it could be anything in my list.

Hardware would seem to be indicated by the need to black out the store.

pkson

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010

The most plausible guess I've seen so far.

YourHerojb

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
Things are getting intense!

It's very doubtful that it would be hardware, for all you macpro, ipod classic refresh desirers. sorry guys!

Since there is talks of training the employees and no evidence of parts or patents or anything i'd say its gotta be software of some sort.
mobileme, icloud, lion (doubtful but that would be grand :rolleyes:)

Maybe its an office party...
I can see this rumor just dissapointing a lot of us, or amazing us.

rmcq

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
It's Obvious

The iVision Apple television... or perhaps the iWasher washing machine or iDryer...

blybug

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2003
Galveston, TX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPod 10th Anniversary Edition

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Nah, Apple is annoucing free insulating leggings for MBP owners who continually buy one and then come here/Genius bar to bitch and moan and bitch and moan about how hot the machine gets. I also hear they may throw in free ear plugs so you do not need to hear the fans and HDD SMS engage to cut down 98 percent of all support calls.

Sounds win/win to me, in fact I hear MacRumors is co-hosting this to help reduce posting traffic on its servers related to heat/fans/noise.

Next they will take on "which *insert prodcut name* should I buy"....

vjrj

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
I bought a 15'' macbook pro on Amazon today morning with one day shipping. They confirmed the shipping in the afternoon and now, the status has gone back to "shipping soon"!! Here's the screenshot..

Attachments

• amazon_mbp_order_delayed.png
    amazon_mbp_order_delayed.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 244

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
If M$ tried this the employees wouldn't show up. LOL

Don't laugh at those poor Apple employees. They are just working hard to put food on the table. Most MS employees are engineers and they have more opportunities.

aleXXXps

macrumors member
May 4, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

New MacBook?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.