Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sir1963nz

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2012
Shouldn't they be fixing Copy-Paste in Safari first? It has been broken since iOS 8 came out....7 months ago.

Nah, they should fix the http proxy bug (does not remember log/pass for authenticated proxies). THAT bug was introduced when IOS 7 was released. IOS 6 worked fine.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
just saw this pop up. Hopefully it will fix the weird app issues (Facebook, i'm looking at you).

Perhaps a time to see it as a blessing in disguise. :p

I only use the mobile site which is honestly not that bad. Far less bloat and has all the features (chat included) that the regular app used to have.

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Where I work (a University) we are now buying Android tablets because they actually work on the network, and you now have to justify any IOS device, the view is, if it does not work on our network it is just a status symbol and a toy.

That's ridiculous.

My daughter's Android tablet is constantly losing network connection, and I have to delete the connection and re-add it. The iPads in our house have no problem.

Now I know why - her Android tablet is just a status symbol and a toy. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I now have no reason to try and figure out the Android issue - no reason to use my brain and figure things out - I just declare it a 'toy' and a 'status symbol' and that's it. Problem solved.

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
i have beta 3 but when i check for update it days my software is up to date. any solution, reset or turning off, or airplane mode off still not working

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Watch settings per 9to5Mac.

B8290udCQAEkjaz.png

looks like android on my old nexus 4 ^^

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
This is still a beta correct?? I am confused on why so many people are using this as a daily driver and a quarter of the posts in here complaing about the 'Facebook bug'. Beta's are designed to tests Apple's software and issues not third party apps like FB. Those will get fixed when it's released to developers to submit apps for iOS 8.2. If it is fixed now don't be surprised if it doesnt work in a beta 6 if there is one.

Many people use beta's as their daily driver especially it's if at least beta 3 or later. All the major bugs are normally fixed by then.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Tried unsuccessfully, two times, to update my iPad Air to iOS8.2b5. Both from the iPad itself and from Option+Clicking the file from iTunes 12.1.
Trying to do a restore back to 8.1.3 and then update to 8.2b5 to see if it works.

**Just reporting in case others are in the same boat

Now a corrupt download of 8.1.3 from iTunes.

Downloaded a fresh install of 8.1.3 direct from Apple outside of iTunes.
Restoring 8.1.3, seems to be continuing through the restore process just fine.
It did.
Jumping straight into update of 8.2b5, failed again. Unknown Error (14)
Trying updating to 8.2b5 iPad 4th gen, seems to be working fine.
Re-downloading 8.2b5 from dev page. for iPad Air1

Issue appears to have been a corrupt download. After re-downloading latest build from dev page, the iPad Air1 updated without issue within a couple minutes.

Last edited:

ad2medina

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Does it fix the music app were it would corrupt the playlist and the stop playing? Does anyone have the release notes? I am at work and can't check it from here. Thanks

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
fix the bluetooth problems, i still can't sync audio to my car after ios 8 came out!

Everyone I know with an Apple device doesn't have this (that's a hell of a lot of people), so I'm guessing it is a rather marginal issue.

----------

Well I hope it fixes the total failure of IOS to remember/use the stored credentials for authenticated http proxies.

This was broken when IOS7 came out and has remained broken since. We have had it acknowledged by Apple this is a bug and that it will be "fixed in the next release of IOS". Well a lot of releases have come and gone including a Major release (IOS8) and it is STILL broken.

Where I work (a University) we are now buying Android tablets because they actually work on the network, and you now have to justify any IOS device, the view is, if it does not work on our network it is just a status symbol and a toy.

And currently, I agree.

OK, I call your bluff on your totally ridiculous affirmation (i.e. : Android with better WIFI on average.. can't even write that with a straight face). Tell me the name of your university and I'll contact their IT department and get the skinny on this.

Or maybe, like most who buy Android, they're buying those tablets because they are cheapskates... Not that they would admit to that of course...

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder if Apple will release iOS 8.2 before the :apple:Watch.

We will know when it happens. Until then, stop worrying.

I'm surprised that, with :apple:Watchs being out and about already, nobody has had one stolen one or tried selling one yet.

Not something I would spend any time or energy thinking about. But that's just me.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Can anyone confirm if this fixes the weird Safari bug where it loads a tab from another Apple device that you have (e.g. if you're viewing Safari on your iPhone, it shows Safari tabs on your Mac), but when you swipe the tab and press delete, it doesn't go away?

No its still there

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I often wonder, how many developers bug reports actually make it actually (implemented features/bugs fixed etc..), and how many don't ?

This will answer my question as to "weather i should do this, or weather i'm just wasting my time and effort if Apple implements what they want to anyway"

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
i have beta 3 but when i check for update it days my software is up to date. any solution, reset or turning off, or airplane mode off still not working

I would download beta 5 from the developer center and restore using iTunes. Beta 3 will expire and you'll have a temporary brick. Happened to my brother's iPad. It wouldn't see newer versions. Had to restore.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Many people use beta's as their daily driver especially it's if at least beta 3 or later. All the major bugs are normally fixed by then.

Understandable but it clearly says in the release notes it's not for that. So complaining when FB is not working is a little ridiculous.

Glacial Truffle

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
My iTunes Match music collection hasn't corrupted on me yet. That's a good sign.

They still haven't closed a bug that drives me nuts:
If you make or take a phone call with the headset, then pressing the volume buttons doesn't work until you wake the phone and go to the home screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.