Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apparently they removed some basic functions from the  Pencil which stinks.
I'm not sure if calling functions that weren't advertised or listed as actual functions/features basic would really be fitting.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Just a heads up if you're an Apple Watch owner, I (and many others on the developer forums) are experiencing a few issues with notifications - things not showing on the watch, both the watch and phone buzzing, etc.

Even being on the wOS beta doesn't help. You may want to hold off until beta 5/GM if it's working OK for you now.

Thanks for the heads up! Was mid-download and spotted this so I stopped it. I'll hold off for now.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
anyone else have any experience with watch notifications not working...want to try it but do not want to loose them..

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I do know that this new beta is sucking down my battery like if there was an invisible electricity sucking vampire with his teeth in my phone.

Reactions: curtthecoder

Panerai

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
Is there a control center option for low power mode yet?

Yes, when you press and hold the settings icon you will see the battery press on that and it will take straight in to the battery option and in there you can select the power mode.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, when you press and hold the settings icon you will see the battery press on that and it will take straight in to the battery option and in there you can select the power mode.
So not a control center option, but a newer 3D Touch option for the Settings app.

devondundee

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
anyone else have any experience with watch notifications not working...want to try it but do not want to loose them..

I'm having the Apple Watch notifications issue as well. Has anyone found a workaround? This is quite frustrating.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I'm going to be the first to bring this up. Lol. I know it's so overly talked about but I'm hoping, eventually, my iPhone 6 Plus gets 9.2 battery life back. I could go 11 hours of usage until I have to charge. Now I can barely get to 8 and it's kind of annoying.

Note: I'm not doing anything different on my phone. Same apps, same thing, same way.

Reactions: asv56kx3088

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I'm having the Apple Watch notifications issue as well.

well that sucks, I bit the bullet and am downloading now.. hoping that battery life is better ever since b3 mine has tanked and I even did a DFU to 9.2 then reinstalled the beta and same.

Thinking about it more, I may just take a gamble because I only have one app that's non apple now that I use notifications for.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I might be wrong, but have the feeling I never had that option on my 6s plus (public beta)

It was present in PB 1 and 2 but removed from PB 3 for whatever reason.

Infinitely better on my 6s Plus but there are still some (to be expected) bugs on my Air 2.

Edit: anyone else seeing unexpected behaviour with iPad Air 2 and plugged into the mains? My device is set to auto lock after 2 minutes but doesn't in Public Beta 4.

Last edited:

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Apparently they removed some basic functions from the  Pencil which stinks.
Jony would tell you that " Apple pencil is a drawing and writing instrument not a stylus. The curvature of the point is aesthetically designed just for intricate drawing and detailed work"
[doublepost=1456262994][/doublepost]
I hope they give your Pencil navigation back. I played with on in an Apple Store and was fascinated by its operation but, not being an artist, I could never justify buying one.
They probably will release "Apple Stylus" for another $99 on March 15 that is used for stylus operations verses drawing. :) Cant innovate my A**!

Reactions: Crambie

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Thanks for the heads up! Was mid-download and spotted this so I stopped it. I'll hold off for now.
Maybe you shouldn't be beta testing. If you want a perfect OS, be patient and wait like a good child for Santa. If you want to give your input to Apple and want things to be working at some point, then be a beta tester.

thatanonymoususer

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2015
Maybe this is just placebo, but Apple Music is sounding better to me on this beta. It sounded like it was perpetually on the lower quality cell service bitrate on beta 3.
[doublepost=1456266010][/doublepost]
Only thing I've noticed is the lack of wifi calling.

I tried Verizon Wifi calling for the first time today, and it worked like a charm for me. I do have an AirPort Extreme for a router though, so it might behave slightly differently for me. It does drop the call though if I go out of range of the hotspot

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve J0bs

Juggernaut99

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2015
western NY
Yep, watch issues here, also. I should have read the comments first.

At first, no notifications to the watch at all. After some reboots, I get notifications on both the watch and phone. (There are times when I would like this setup, but not all the time.)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm running on Beta 3. I'll defiantly wait for beta 5 before beta 3 expires. Apple's been way to preoccupied with this FBI backdoor that they're not paying attention to the small details of iOS 9.3 beta.

Do you think Apple is still like 3 guys in a garage?

I seriously doubt that the folks dealing with the FBI and the folks dealing with iOS betas/features even see each other on a weekly basis.

Reactions: KAMOGimbo

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm having the Apple Watch notifications issue as well. Has anyone found a workaround? This is quite frustrating.

Yep, watch issues here, also. I should have read the comments first.

At first, no notifications to the watch at all. After some reboots, I get notifications on both the watch and phone. (There are times when I would like this setup, but not all the time.)

Apparently someone on Twitter said installing watchOS 2.2 beta then unpairing and repairing the watch fixes the issue. If one of you wants to try and report back... ;)

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
took the gamble and installed and have lost notifications for what appears to be 3rd party apps only at this time, hope it is fixed soon.
[doublepost=1456269571][/doublepost]
Apparently someone on Twitter said installing watchOS 2.2 beta then unpairing and repairing the watch fixes the issue. If one of you wants to try and report back... ;)

I would but I am only a public beta tester, so no access to the watch beta even though I have a public profile for the watch added...maybe they will be bringing public testing for the watch soon...

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
took the gamble and installed and have lost notifications for what appears to be 3rd party apps only at this time, hope it is fixed soon.
[doublepost=1456269571][/doublepost]

I would but I am only a public beta tester, so no access to the watch beta even though I have a public profile for the watch added...maybe they will be bringing public testing for the watch soon...
I think that's unlikely as if anything goes wrong, there's literally no way to restore the software on the Watch. I'm reading the developer documentation and it even warns that if anything goes wrong installing the beta, it will have to be sent to an Apple repair centre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.