Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nin3teen

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
Central Florida
Some quick things I've noticed:

1. Weather doesn't crash when you delete a location from the "world" view
2. Weather: Fonts are thicker
3. Settings: Fonts are thicker
4. Control Center: Music scrubber bar is thicker
5. Calendar: Mini dots in month view for events on each day!!!
6. Camera: Much more stable, seems quicker, though not quantifiably verified yet.
7. Messages: Thicker font (seems like the font style "normal" has replaced "light" in many places throughout the system...)
8: Messages: Previously, names on the top of a message thread were pushed off center to fit the words "Messages" and "Contact". Now the name and surrounding words truncate to keep the contact name centered no matter what. "Messa... Person's nam... Contact"
9: Lock: Time keeps correct Y-axis position when waking up phone instead of shifting to the middle arbitrarily (and thicker font for "slide to unlock")
10: No evidence of overlapping objects in titles (or % charged)
11: Unlock icon animation seems 20% quicker or so.

Sounds great so far! Thanks for the heads ups!

I listen to a lot of music, kind of peeved they removed the ability to shuffle by artist. I sent in a report for it though.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
I think you young whippersnappers need a history lesson on UI design at Apple.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mac_OS

Skeuomorphism has been an integral part of Mac OS since the beginning and it is part of the reason why people found it so easy to pickup and learn.

Did you notice how Microsoft copied the skeuomorphic isomorphic design of icons from Mac OS into Windows? Win 3.11 copied ideas from the early Mac OS and Windows 95 copied ideas from Mac OS 7.x This continued for some time into XP and Vista.

Skeuomorphism could be found throughout OS X from OSX 10.0 through 10.8.

Why do you think OS X is so easy to pickup? Why do you think new users have such a hard time with Metro? Why do you think so many regular people hate the ribbon interface? Why do you think people hate Office 2013? It is so damn flat.

I think the current designers at Apple that are pushing for flat and anti-skeuomorphism need to be fired before Apple begins another spiral of death we had before Jobs came back. Jobs is dead now, so they need to find a new visionary. Sorry but Tim Cook is no visionary. He is good at COO duties but a horrible CEO.

Apple has betrayed its DNA.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Same thing here, I just downgraded THIS MORNING because both beta 1 and 2 worked really bad on my iPhone4. I had a bricked iPhone 4 this morning.

Important note: I didn't do a clean install. That might have helped with iOS7.

I did a clean install on mine. It was useable but just took me back to the days when my 3G started to suffer on iOS 4.

D4Fox

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
also is it me or there is some type of shadow for the texts onthe homescreen now?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I predict that iOS 7 is going to be the Vista of Apple.

I hate the icons. They look like something out of an unpopular jailbreak theme. No class at all. Jony Ive needs to go back to working on hardware and then need to hire someone who understand software usability.

Mixing metaphors. You can have a totally usable OS that is ugly as heck.

epmatsw

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
Looks like they reverted the change from Beta 2 that broke SnapChat. Apple bending to a developer's will?

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
podcasts app works now

Oh thank whatever you consider holy! ...Been saddened not able to view my daily podcasts on my iPhone at work!

Looks like they reverted the change from Beta 2 that broke SnapChat. Apple bending to a developer's will?

SnapChat was broken? Worked fine for me all the way back to Beta 1. Tried removing and re-installing? Also, I've noticed an overall stability increase resetting all settings and content after each Beta update.

squares

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
Downloading and installing now...

I'm wondering if they're going to bring back the ability to paste a phone number into the phone app. I'm not sure why that went away, but there was no way to do it in Beta 1 or 2.

Maybe this isn't something people use that much... but I seem to get a lot of phone numbers in meeting invites that aren't clickable.

BeingHuman

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2013
Changing large wallpapers crashed photo app.. Have been trying several wallpapers.. crashed trice..

willryan42

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
I think you young whippersnappers need a history lesson on UI design at Apple.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mac_OS

Skeuomorphism has been an integral part of Mac OS since the beginning and it is part of the reason why people found it so easy to pickup and learn.

Did you notice how Microsoft copied the skeuomorphic isomorphic design of icons from Mac OS into Windows? Win 3.11 copied ideas from the early Mac OS and Windows 95 copied ideas from Mac OS 7.x This continued for some time into XP and Vista.

Skeuomorphism could be found throughout OS X from OSX 10.0 through 10.8.

Why do you think OS X is so easy to pickup? Why do you think new users have such a hard time with Metro? Why do you think so many regular people hate the ribbon interface? Why do you think people hate Office 2013? It is so damn flat.

I think the current designers at Apple that are pushing for flat and anti-skeuomorphism need to be fired before Apple begins another spiral of death we had before Jobs came back. Jobs is dead now, so they need to find a new visionary. Sorry but Tim Cook is no visionary. He is good at COO duties but a horrible CEO.

Apple has betrayed its DNA.

Design evolves. What was appropriate 30 years ago probably isn't appropriate today. Skeuomorphism is always present in some instance, but doesn't need to be ramped up to having a felt-poker-table texture in gamecenter or leathery headers in calendar/address book.

stan1028

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
'LTE' changed to '4G' for iPhone 5.

Attachments

• LTE to 4G.png
    LTE to 4G.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 475
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.