Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyenvy

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
You do realise it seems highly likely the new icons will be replaced come GM.

I really cant see safari, notes & settings keeping those style.

The new icons will be the icing on the beta cake.

mbrannon47

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Some quick things I've noticed:

1. Weather doesn't crash when you delete a location from the "world" view
2. Weather: Fonts are thicker
3. Settings: Fonts are thicker
4. Control Center: Music scrubber bar is thicker
5. Calendar: Mini dots in month view for events on each day!!!
6. Camera: Much more stable, seems quicker, though not quantifiably verified yet.
7. Messages: Thicker font (seems like the font style "normal" has replaced "light" in many places throughout the system...)
8: Messages: Previously, names on the top of a message thread were pushed off center to fit the words "Messages" and "Contact". Now the name and surrounding words truncate to keep the contact name centered no matter what. "Messa... Person's nam... Contact"
9: Lock: Time keeps correct Y-axis position when waking up phone instead of shifting to the middle arbitrarily (and thicker font for "slide to unlock")
10: No evidence of overlapping objects in titles (or % charged)
11: Unlock icon animation seems 20% quicker or so.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Nov 6, 2012
Nice screengrab, but I'm still not liking the curves on the folders -- they seem too wide. I swear they looked nicer in iOS6? :confused:

Anyhoo: Preparing update... and praying that it's going to put an end to the huge memory leaks that crashed my phone all the time in Beta 2.

D4Fox

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
the time does show up now at the top on the lockscreen when playing music. Before I had to go into the actual home screen to check the time. Glad that is fixed now

omro

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2010
huge improvement in the readability of the fonts in safari and reader mode. The earlier beta I could see the anti-aliasing on the font. Not very retina looking.

Podcasts app works again!! :)

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Apple is an Akamai customer. They have over 100,000 servers in their CDN. One little iOS update isn't going to do a thing.

source: I work in the industry

Not to mention, a founding customer and investor:

On July 21, 1999, at Macworld Expo New York, Apple and Akamai announced a strategic partnership to build Apple's new media network, QuickTime TV (QTV), based on QuickTime Streaming Server. Both companies later announced that Apple had made a $12.5 million investment in the company the previous month. Apple continues to use Akamai as their primary content delivery network for a wide range of applications including software downloads from Apple's Website, QuickTime movie trailers, and the iTunes Store.

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
Beta 3 (so far)

- wallpaper is still crashing (First 5 rows are black and dock is still blue)
- the times in timer are now level with "hours" and "min"
- tiny clock in lockscreen when music is playing
- default passbook card isn't full of matte colors anymore... they're more
vibrant
- fonts seem bigger throughout the OS

Jab00

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
Fixed the now playing bug in that was in beta 2 (no longer says N.....ing)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 215

Garbera

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
The Netherlands
Notification center has a better font. Also a real agenda view now in the today view.

It also looks like a little less translucent overall, including control center, notification center, folders etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.