Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
There is a good reason for the delay in releasing it to public beta testers (or for that matter not releasing it at all to them).

Lets say the build is a disaster and ruins your mac. Developers are probably better at fixing it than the general public. So it makes sense to give it to them first - just in case it is a disaster.

True, but public beta testers are suppose to know what they are getting into before proceeding. Apple makes is VERY clear to backup, and that they are not responsible.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Not showing up on Software Update yet :(

OMG. It not showing up for me either. Maybe there is something wrong. Did I violate the Terms and Conditions? Did Tim hear about the remark I made the other day? Wait, how would he know who I am. OMG... I am so freaking out because I don't see the update....

/s
:rolleyes:

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I've already explained why public beta testers can't see it yet.

You should read previous posts in this thread.

Do I have to start quoting myself?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I've already explained why public beta testers can't see it yet.

You should read previous posts in this thread.

Do I have to start quoting myself?

I assume that, given the tone of this post, you must work for Apple? You must have some reason to expect everybody to just accept your word as the end-all-be-all.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
OMG. It not showing up for me either. Maybe there is something wrong. Did I violate the Terms and Conditions? Did Tim hear about the remark I made the other day? Wait, how would he know who I am. OMG... I am so freaking out because I don't see the update....

/s

:rolleyes:

Tim is under your bed right now....

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
There is a good reason for the delay in releasing it to public beta testers (or for that matter not releasing it at all to them).

Lets say the build is a disaster and ruins your mac. Developers are probably better at fixing it than the general public. So it makes sense to give it to them first - just in case it is a disaster.

Nonsense

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I know that not many people have 13D55 (new build) yet, but is 13D45a (current build) stable enough for normal use?

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
Could someone with this beta release tell me if they plug in an external monitor with mdp to dp, will the screen be detected as a normal monitor and send a rgb signal and no blurry font? On dell monitors, in the osd menu u can see what signal the monitor is receiving.

Thank you very much

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
I know that not many people have 13D55 (new build) yet, but is 13D45a (current build) stable enough for normal use?

Unless you really need a feature found in 10.9.3 beta that isn't present in 10.9.2 then you're better off waiting for the stable build to be released.

tooshaggy

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
SoCal
I use HDMI to connect to my 45" LG big screen with no issues. Been updating to all the betas as they come out.

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
Hopefully they will have fixed programs randomly crashing on first use when you click something...

I've never had that happen. HOWEVER, they really need to fix the issue with preview... some of us are trying to work with hundreds of images and it's just making me work at least an extra 15% harder for no reason!

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Apple also added support in previous builds of 10.9.3 for Slow-motion playback in QuickTime and QuickLook for videos with high frame rate. For example captured by iPhone 5s. This feature hasn't been mentioned in the thread.Image
Because support was already there before 10.9.3.

Last edited:

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
It is nonsense, but you should provide more detail to justify your smug condemnation. Without evidence your words are just meaningless opinion, or should I say, nonsense.

OKidoki: you yourself say that your claim is nonsense.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Apple also added support in previous builds of 10.9.3 for Slow-motion playback in QuickTime and QuickLook for videos with high frame rate. For example captured by iPhone 5s. This feature hasn't been mentioned in the thread.Image
That's been there since at least 10.9.1

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

Hope you didn't pull a muscle trying to explain yourself. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, I'd disagree with your "comment." Beta testers/developers would probably be more prepared to deal with issues (and report them to Apple) that the general public may not be able to handle.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Build 13D55 to Developers

Hope you didn't pull a muscle trying to explain yourself. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, I'd disagree with your "comment." Beta testers/developers would probably be more prepared to deal with issues (and report them to Apple) that the general public may not be able to handle.

I'm not the one making the claim; and the claim is not about wether or not different kind of users can manage; the claim is about that being the reason for a delay.

Rafbys

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2014
Could someone with this beta release tell me if they plug in an external monitor with mdp to dp, will the screen be detected as a normal monitor and send a rgb signal and no blurry font? On dell monitors, in the osd menu u can see what signal the monitor is receiving.

Thank you very much

I had this problem with my Acer monitor. You have to force the rgb signal through terminal.

http://www.ireckon.net/2013/03/force-rgb-mode-in-mac-os-x-to-fix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

Just follow the instructions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.