Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Just upgraded, nothing plugged in. Track pad on 2012rmbp is jumping after moved a few inches. It will just appear like 6 inches away.

dammerl

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Europe
Is there any improvements to DARK MODE????
Ya know like SYSTEM WIDE darkness???

“SYSTEM WIDE darkness” now is ⇧⌃⎋ [shift-ctrl-turnoff]. Indeed, a change; I think previously it was ⇧⌃⏏. Not sure.

;-)

Last edited:

adrianm2000

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
If you are using El Capitan as a Developer right now, I don't see why you won't use XCode 7 Beta 2.

1. You can't submit apps created with a beta version of Xcode. If you need to submit/resubmit anything, you'd need the latest public release (6.3.2 in this case.) It's just easy to be able to access it from El Cap than have to reboot in Yosemite.

2. Xcode 7 has Swift 2.0, and wants to migrate your code. Swift 1.x code will have errors and won't compile/run. So you can't even use Xcode 7 to work on a Swift project and then use Xcode 6.3.2 to further edit or submit it.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Installed DP1 and DP2 yesterday, after upgrading all my Google accounts to IMAP (super easy, actually). Only bugs I've found so far are Gmail messages disappearing randomly (1 so far), and iCloud preference changes crashing System Prefs.

But such is the norm for being on the beta bleeding edge. Nothing a backup can't fix if it gets too intense.

dammerl

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Europe
This keyboard shortcut logs you out, so, I think you are wrong. ;)

You are right, it’s still ⇧⌃⏏.
(It happened that in my Keyboard prefs “Use all F keys as standard function keys” was set, so I actually have to hit fn-⇧⌃⏏.)

dammerl

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Europe
Still logs me out, I have the Apple's bluetooth keyboard, when I press all of the keys above it logs me out!

No, the shortcut is definitely for turning off the display. According to this they changed it to ⇧⌃⎋ already with Mountain Lion. Strangely on my MBA, with El Capitan, both shortcuts do work (⇧⌃⎋ and ⇧⌃⏏). But probably I just hadn’t noticed that before…

If it’s logging you out, then most likely you have set “Require password immediately” in Security & Privacy.

moophone

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2014
As a followup to the UI lag vs Yosemite, Mission Control is buttery smooth (animations are at refresh). These are the things they demoed, so kind of expected. I suspect mission control is the only component in 10.11 that is actually using Metal at this point. Safari (v9) has a lot of judder when scrolling, even more than the latest 10.10.4. In fact safari is probably the weakest point for performance in this release. I'm really looking forward to seeing full 60hz scrolling in safari once and for all (there is no reason it should lag).

I expect apple to start plugging in pieces to accelerate various components over the course of the next few months, but I wouldn't be surprised if this takes many point releases to get it right. Yosemite was a disaster performance wise, and they have a lot of work to do to get it right.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Release notes clearly state Java 6 ain't supported.

Jave SE 6 isn't support, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 and earlier will not run. Photoshop CS6 runs fine, and I am also having trouble with my icons properly showing up, it's puts a "NO" sign superimposed over my icons when I add something new to a folder...very annoying.

luisfelipesv

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2015
I know this is an old hat, but if you are honestly expecting to use a beta of an operating system to do productive work, you are doing something wrong…
For the one's who are developing an app with the new OS features that's the only way to do it

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
An update to a previous post in this thread. After updating to the latest version (DP2?) released on 6/23 and using it for the last week with my 12" rMB, I have consistently had much better battery performance. I'm back to getting closer to 10 hours on a charge. Yay! All my other apps have been working fine and I am using the beta for iStat menus and it is working great as well. So, for those that many not have updated yet... do it!

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
An update to a previous post in this thread. After updating to the latest version (DP2?) released on 6/23 and using it for the last week with my 12" rMB, I have consistently had much better battery performance. I'm back to getting closer to 10 hours on a charge. Yay! All my other apps have been working fine and I am using the beta for iStat menus and it is working great as well. So, for those that many not have updated yet... do it!

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it's still beta software, and there are no guarantees that stuff won't get broken between now and the release of El Capitan. I have it on a test machine, but won't put it on my daily production machine until it releases. YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.