Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
All's quiet on the Western Front... come on America its mid-afternoon there now! I want to hear more conspiracy theories! :D

Looking at the WWDC logo... the two bridges; what if they aren't converging? What if they're splitting? Could Apple be moving to make a clear separation between its media products, iPhone and iPod, and its computer products? Its a terrible thought but I still can't help thinking...

I can't wait for June 9th though. I'll be awake first thing June 10th (I'm in drizzly old England) for the posting of the video. I'm not expecting anything huge, I mean the iPhone announcement (that may not even happen) doesn't effect me because I'm still locked in another contract and by the time I'm out of it, iPhone III (Revenge of the iPhone) will be out dominating the headlines and amazing people with its shinyness and its (likely) OS X.6 underpinnings and so on... I'm drifting. Where was I? Ah yes, WWDC.

As I say, I'm purposefully not expecting anything. I'm hoping for a lot. I mean everybody is. I'd love a redesigned MacBook Pro, because I'm getting one in July for my birthday. Shiny new software is always good too... after iLife 08 (amazing) we can only wonder what will turn up next. And new Cinema Displays? Please Apple? You know you want to...

Oh, and how about a heads-up as to just exactly when the UK iTunes Store is going to drop its prices as promised last year? Hmm? 79p ≠ 99¢, Apple; 79p = $1.56.

I could go on. I could even use Jobs' own "one more thing" tag and keep on ranting, but I can't really because I'm just too damn excited over June 9th, and fixated on this promise of shiny new things.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
I have heard some news about how this shoot connects with the Los Angeles shoot and it will be one commerical

So I have 2 different guesses about this:

1. It has to do with GPS and being in different locations

2. Or to show how you can talk cross country(/and or around the world) on iChat

(or possibly even both #'s 1&2)

That seems like a likely scenario. It's the only idea I've heard that makes sense with regard to the reason for using the apple store. I was thinking that the shoots might have been connected. LA and NY would make good locations for such a commercial. Although I would have used San Fran instead. :)

Mac Attack 360

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2008
I finally think I have figured it out. The theme for WWDC is the two Golden Gate Bridges separting, but still connected. So it means no matter how far away you are, you're still connected. So this makes sense why they filmed it in Los Angeles and New York. To show that people are connected. Which proves the new features of the iPhone (gps and video chat). Wow. I can't believe it tool this long to figure it out. I am so excited now. Now I know that when Apple hosts something that there is a clue in the theme

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
I finally think I have figured it out. The theme for WWDC is the two Golden Gate Bridges separting, but still connected. So it means no matter how far away you are, you're still connected. So this makes sense why they filmed it in Los Angeles and New York. To show that people are connected. Which proves the new features of the iPhone (gps and video chat). Wow. I can't believe it tool this long to figure it out. I am so excited now. Now I know that when Apple hosts something that there is a clue in the theme

calm down there, don't pat yourself on the back too much until the WWDC keynote to see if you're actually right

Stately

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
NYC

My thoughts exactly. I said the same thing about the video chat a little while back and got jumped by some others on the forum, lol. They kept it more simple saying that the bridges just represent the two plat forms. I say . . Whateva' son ! The 9th baby, video chat!

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Seems rather Un-Apple to film a Commercial in this setting. It could in all honesty either be a product intro show. (Remember those?) Or maybe the Apple Stores met a new goal and they are filming some kind of "Milestone" video at their biggest store. Think about it, don't most Apple commercials that are product based center completely around the product and a white background? I mean, I would love to think it has something to do with the iPhone, but *Shrug* We will see.

dracir512

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2008
Oh, and how about a heads-up as to just exactly when the UK iTunes Store is going to drop its prices as promised last year? Hmm? 79p ≠ 99¢, Apple; 79p = $1.56.

And what about the Australian iTunes store? Last I checked, AU$1.69 ≠ US$0.99, AU$1.69 = US$1.61... And set to rise...

This Just In

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2008
Get Smart

The commercial is for the 3G iPhone and ties to the upcoming release of Get Smart. For those who are familiar with Get Smart, the phone is an obvious tie-in as are the secret agents and briefcases. (Look for a familiar face or two as well!)

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Gizmodo has gotten a video that details some "behind the scenes footage". It's not much, just some guy in a suit pretty much, but we take what we can get, right? ;)

"Our pal David Jr.com went over to the 5th Ave. Apple store back on May 29 to check out why that store was closed from 3PM to 9AM the next day. Turns out they were shooting a 3G iPhone ad there, which David got a sneak peek of on video. There aren't a whole lot of specifics on the ad since IT'S A SECRET, but we do get to see some guy in a suit being primped. He's probably in the ad somewhere as a James Bond-like figure who needs to take out his iPhone in order to check mail on his company's Exchange servers (new feature!)."

http://gizmodo.com/5012764/behind-the-scenes-at-apples-iphone-2-ad-shoot

NewtypeCJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2005
Seattle, WA
Gizmodo has gotten a video that details some "behind the scenes footage". It's not much, just some guy in a suit pretty much, but we take what we can get, right? ;)

"Our pal David Jr.com went over to the 5th Ave. Apple store back on May 29 to check out why that store was closed from 3PM to 9AM the next day. Turns out they were shooting a 3G iPhone ad there, which David got a sneak peek of on video. There aren't a whole lot of specifics on the ad since IT'S A SECRET, but we do get to see some guy in a suit being primped. He's probably in the ad somewhere as a James Bond-like figure who needs to take out his iPhone in order to check mail on his company's Exchange servers (new feature!)."

http://gizmodo.com/5012764/behind-the-scenes-at-apples-iphone-2-ad-shoot

James Bond figure... that makes me think... I dunno if Apple does cheesy movie tie-ins often (or at all), but what if the new iPhone ad is somehow tied into the Get Smart movie that comes out in the US on June 20? Just a thought.

markcc

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
NYC Commercial Shoot

The shoot in front of the Apple store can just be background and is likely to be on screen a fraction of a second.

All these rumors of shoots in Hawaii and LA seem to be either fakes, or destined for other markets. Many foreign commercials are shot in the US.

The iPod "dancing" commercials are all shot in a private studio in NYC, so the Apple US Commercial Production Companies are definitely based there.

themiracle

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
So where do you think this footage ended up? Apparently they filmed a secret agent type guy outside the store, so how does it fit in? Another commercial maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.