Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
they will happen

..when they happen. I think other than a linkedin post about how the Logic X team was working hard on the release.. (was posted 2 weeks before release) Logic was a complete surprise to everyone. they are getting better at secrets. When the display manufacturing changes hands or when an announcement is made is when I will believe something happens.

Xstyle

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Are you working on it as well (Numbers, Pages) or just use as media consumption? Because I work as well on the iPad and need to use the keyboard.

Hi all, first post, from across the pond...
I have the iPad 3, and I use Numbers a lot!! Love it.
I am thinking of getting the Mini 2 (no point in the Mini 1), and I think Numbers will be ok on that too ... trialled in the Apple Store on the 1; was ok.

In the meantime, I am getting the Nexus 7.2 which is released next week...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet/297828-nexus-7-announcement-coming.html

(lots of people on that site also love the IOS Apple and are using both platforms)

It shouldn't be long before Haswell iPad's are here... fingers crossed!! :)

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
an LG retina display would be awesome in the mini.

Having had 15" rMBP problems and having the gorgeous cracked LG display swapped with 5 yellow samsung displays I totally hope Apple sticks with LG, sure there were some problems with their panels early on with the rMBP but side by side there is no contest.

LG Displays baby!... and Sharp too, maybe even some Sony but lets forgo Samsung for good.

Looks like typo. It has always been LG that comes with standard yellow tint and inaccurate color palate.

:apple:

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I have a iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini. I can't say I ever look at the Mini and even think about the fact that the display is non-Retina. It looks great and works great.

Because the iPad Mini is all about portability, the only way a Retina display makes sense in future versions of the device is if they can incorporate it without increasing the weight or the thickness.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I was hoping to get a Mini in the next couple of months, might have see what happens with the bigger one now :apple:

hchung

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
Looks like typo. It has always been LG that comes with standard yellow tint and inaccurate color palate.

I don't think that was a typo. When I was shopping, I recall it being:
1) LG has more correct colors. But ghosting.
2) Samsung was too blue. (yes, I know that's the opposite of his assertion) But no ghosting.

I'm probably out of date, but for many generations, LG's always had the better color accuracy.

With that said, a quick search results in another mention of a yellow Samsung display: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1607776/

macs4nw

macrumors 601
.....AU Optronics won a share of display production for the original iPad mini, but struggled with production issues and reportedly did not catch up on production until months after the device's launch, contributing to tight supplies.

According to today's report, AU Optronics has been unable to meet technical and timing milestones for the next-generation iPad mini, and Apple's improving relationship with Samsung's display arm may be giving Apple more flexibility in managing its suppliers.

Article Link: Apple to Dump AU Optronics as Display Supplier for Next-Generation iPad Mini?

'Dump' is strong language. I wouldn't be surprised if at some time in the future APPLE will use those AU Optronics panels again, if and when AU solves it's production problems. Supply-chain channels are a 'fluid' thing usually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.