Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
What is interesting is that I have been burning some of these eyetv programs to DVD and watching them and they look fine. Going to do some direct comparisons this weekend.

Minor follow-up because I was away from home for the previous post ... It's the de-interlace settings that are probably giving you the quality problems if the raw data is playing back fine elsewhere. I genuinely can't advise which setting will work best for you cause it's so subjective, but I really think that this is where you'll find the biggest improvement.

Cheers!

Jim

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
They have the aTV in the Toronto eaton centre apple store.

I was quite surprised in how hot they were.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Okay, I'm a bit disappointed. Sure we have seen unboxing photos; you might even say to ad nauseum. But that's not enough granularity - no one has posted a 30-40 photo series of themselves just pushing the "on" button. C'mon people! A good digital camera is capable of 2-3 frames per second!

:eek:

Passante

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
on the sofa
update concerning my Eyetv picture quality

After changing eyetv to record in highest quality mode, playing with the de-interlacing setting, and putting a cable signal amplifier just before eyetv my recordings are much improved and very watchable.

Now I can go back to just enjoying my Apple tv. Thanks to Jim and others who commented.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.