Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
What is also why? This makes zero sense. You have no idea which watches are affected by Taptic issues, if any even made it out of the factory.

It's been proven time and again that defects happen across production weeks, in different factories, for every Apple product.

Most week 14's were made from the factory mentioned. Yes most never made it out, but what did are the ones having issues now.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Can any of you read? The reason your watches haven't shipped yet is because Apple decided to ship you a working unit instead of a defective one (at least, without a defective Taptic Engine part).

The only thing people around here seem capable of reading are serial numbers and production date codes, and then posts that falsely claim one is better or worse than the other.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
The Japanese are master craftsmen and produce quality electronics and components, ranging from cars to watches to televisions to medical products. It is ingrained in their culture.

China? Copycat garbage.

indieshack

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2015
The only issue about the taptic engine I'd heard in forums (which I assumed to be a joke) was that it can cause an erection..!

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The Japanese are master craftsmen and produce quality electronics and components, ranging from cars to watches to televisions to medical products. It is ingrained in their culture.

China? Copycat garbage.

Guess what they used to say about Japan 50 years ago?

MikePLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2014
I bet other companies would've just released them anyway. I'm betting it was like .1% defect rate. That's probably good enough for the other companies, but not for Apple.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
I bet other companies would've just released them anyway. I'm betting it was like .1% defect rate. That's probably good enough for the other companies, but not for Apple.

Yep, just like they released iOS 7 and 8 free from bugs. And the iPhone free from antenna problems. And Apple maps, and.............

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
Still doesnt explain why no orders for practically any bands on their own have shipped.

Assuming the bands come from different factories you would expect there to be a lot of extra bands kicking about without watches to be attached to.

So where are they ?

umrk

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
We blame George W. Bush. (Inside joke for regular readers of WSJ's Best of the Web op-ed feature).

Oh yeah ! the one who said :

The invisible part of everything that you thought you could see, you can't see.

-- Interview with ITN, Crawford, Texas, Apr. 5, 2002

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
So this is breaking news on CNBC. Are you kidding me?!?

Why you surprised ? It's a new apple,product , potential issue, media all over it, not like facts matter, seen it many times before

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
Still doesnt explain why no orders for practically any bands on their own have shipped.

Assuming the bands come from different factories you would expect there to be a lot of extra bands kicking about without watches to be attached to.

So where are they ?

Those factories were in two different countries. Maybe that one was in charge of the modern buckle, loop and the link bands. It is possible. Although taking away the modern buckle availability to purchase from the website is still curious.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Wonder how long before people work out which models were affected.

MikePLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2014
Yep, just like they released iOS 7 and 8 free from bugs. And the iPhone free from antenna problems. And Apple maps, and.............

Name me any major software release without bugs. Microsoft releases windows with tons more bugs.

As for the antenna issue, you're assuming apple knew about it beforehand.

Also, those issues probably had less than .001% problem rate. However, when you sell tens of millions this stuff, it just seems like the problem is bigger.

Other companies have more problems, but you rarely hear about them because the sample size is LOT smaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.