Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdfly

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
the blue banded sport that i ordered my wife on friday 4-24 (yes launch day) has been updated to 3-5 week delivery whereas my stainless steel black link bracelet that i got up and ordered within minutes of pre-orders going live still says june........... thanks for dropping the ball apple.

houstonche

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2015
What pisses me off is I stayed up til 3:00am EST to order a watch and I here I sit with no real updates on processing times. If they couldn't fulfill initial orders they should've pushed back the launch.

I think that would have been a bad move. Way more blowback for doing that as opposed to this. What was your shipping window and have they breached that yet?

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Colors only a few want, like blue and green bands, and white to a lesser extent wil see movement

42mm space grey is something many want and you won't see movement on that

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Nope still June and processing. 42mm SS Milanese Loop :mad:

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Many customers who pre-ordered the Apple Watch over the past two weeks and received an extended shipping estimate of 4-6 weeks or later should receive the wrist-worn device earlier than expected. Apple continues to update several pre-orders with improved delivery estimates, with some Apple Watch orders initially slated for June delivery now shipping as early as this week.

A growing number of users within the MacRumors discussion forums with Apple Watch pre-orders facing June delivery are beginning to receive more specific shipping dates between mid May and early June. Some customers, for example, have delivery estimates of May 14-May 20 or May 28-June 10, and the white 38mm Apple Watch Sport in particular is set to deliver on April 28 for multiple customers.

The timing of deliveries is highly dependant on the model that customers selected, as the Stainless Steel Apple Watch with Link Bracelet and Space Gray models continue to face long lead times, and Space Black models are virtually nonexistent. Apple is still processing many of the orders for those aforementioned models, with delivery estimates remaining at 4-6 weeks or later for many customers.

Apple Watch pre-order deliveries began on April 24 as scheduled, but limited data from Slice Intelligence estimates that only about one-fifth of customers who pre-ordered received their Apple Watches on launch day in the United States. The report, based on e-receipt data from only 10,744 U.S. Apple Watch buyers, extrapolates that only 376,000 of 1.7 million pre-orders were delivered over the weekend, with another 547,000 watches estimated for delivery between April 27 and June 11.

Apple confirmed last week that many Apple Watch pre-orders will arrive sooner than expected, shortly after an executive relations spokesperson said that elongated shipping estimates were set purposefully to avoid disappointment in the event orders were not fulfilled on time. Nevertheless, the company said that some customers still face long lead times, particularly those who did not place an order until several hours after pre-orders became available.

Article Link: Apple Watch Pre-Order Delivery Estimates Continue to Improve for Many Customers

Scottsf

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
42mm SS Black Sports Band preparing to ship!

I placed my order at launch and received the 4/24-5/8 window for my 42 mm SS Black Sports Band and was charged last night at 11:24pm Pacific Time! Order is now preparing for shipment. Praying it comes Tuesday as I'm leaving early Wednesday morning for 10 days. I did receive the email of death...
UPDATE!!
Just shipped and delivers tomorrow!

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
What is the process by which they decide who to upgrade? Mine has not been upgraded and my wife's still says July.

AppleZilla

Suspended
Jul 23, 2010
'Processing - Delivers: 4/24-5/8'
42MM SS with Milanese.

Still the same as when I put the order in at 3:03 am.

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
What pisses me off is I stayed up til 3:00am EST to order a watch and I here I sit with no real updates on processing times. If they couldn't fulfill initial orders they should've pushed back the launch.

So if you stayed up till 3am, what time did you order, and what model did you order?

Jbusick7944

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
It's a watch.

Can the author of Macrumors please, for the love of all that is holy, stop typing "...the wrist-worn device..." in every article?
It's a watch. It's a device. We get it.

Liquid Galaxy

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
Swindon, UK
Ordered within 2 minutes of preorders opening. 42MM SS with Link Bracelet, still no change on my 12th May - 26th May shipping date...Thought they would have made the more expensive ones a priority...still, it'll get here when it gets here i guess...dissapointed though.

feralhamster

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
I ordered a 42mm SS Milanese and a 42mm Sport Green in two seperate orders (in the UK).

Still the 4-6 weeks (May 12-26) time frame on the SS and June on the Sport....

Guess there is a medical term for this waiting anxiety and checking order status a couple of times each day...

lol, i think a lot of us have OCD wrt checking :p

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
You just need to explain that the Classic ipods were SS, that will make people understand how easily it can scratch :)

strangely i picked the SS so i get the Safire screen cause i know ill scratch it lot LOL I'm more worried about the screen then the case

chumpy34

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
My 38mm SG Sports with Black Band was to arrive 5-13 to 5-28 but will now be here tomorrow on the 28th! Thanks Apple! Woohooo!

----------

Colors only a few want, like blue and green bands, and white to a lesser extent wil see movement

42mm space grey is something many want and you won't see movement on that

My 38mm SG is coming Tuesday! Hope the 42mm start shipping as well.

RogerWilco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
While waiting, you guys should buy a good stainless steel polish for scratches. Polished stainless scratches easily. The good thing is the scratches can be massaged out with a good polish. Just be careful around the small ports.

I had to talk someone off the ledge yesterday. He'd never worn watches so didn't understand stainless.

Nooo! Hundreds of cottage businesses are counting on the sales of colorful, rubbery "armor" cases to protect the finish of these gadgets.

cknibbs

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
I got my confirmation email at 12:03 for my 42mm SG Sport. Original Ship date was 4/24-5/8. I did receive the "Email of Death" and my watch should be arriving today according to UPS. Hopefully a lot of the SG ones start shipping. I didn't realize the would be so popular.

Daalseth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Many customers who pre-ordered the Apple Watch over the past two weeks and received an extended shipping estimate of 4-6 weeks or later should receive the wrist-worn device earlier than expected.

Under promise and over deliver. That's how you keep customers happy. Or to paraphrase Scotty, Double your estimates and they'll always think you're a miracle worker.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
Delivery date updated

I didn't order my 38 mm space gray/black band until the 12th, and my status updated this morning from "June" to May 21 - June 4.

Seems reasonable considering that I didn't get into the first group of early pre-orders.

kqwik78

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Fresno, CA
Still Processing :(

Fri, 10 Apr 2015 00:04:36
Watch: 42mm SG
Delivery: 4/24 -5/8

Fri, 10 Apr 2015 00:05:34
Watch: 42mm SS BSB
Delivery: 4/24 -5/8

And yet, I'm still processing :(

mariana888

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
UK
You know - I thought this at first too.

It could be one of two things:

1. Artificial Shortage
2. Apple not trying to pull an Amazon/MSFT with a poor product launch and having to sell tons of unused/unbought products (e.g. Amzn Fire, MSFT Surface). Then realizing demand is higher than they thought and increasing production.

I really don't know which it is.

I think a lot of people preordered a watch without trying and then when they got to try them on the store they changed their minds and ordered s different one. Maybe this "released" the stocks?
Mine went from mid May delivery to release day (which works really well for me :))

I know this happened a lot during the first weekend.

j4m13

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2013
My order moved up one day from:
13 May, 2015 - 27 May, 2015
to the
12 May, 2015 - 26 May, 2015

Anyway i ordered the 42mm SS BLL at 08:13 GMT +1.

Let hope it moves up a little more as i go on holiday on the 10th May so it would be awesome to get it before that.

Jamie

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
the blue banded sport that i ordered my wife on friday 4-24 (yes launch day) has been updated to 3-5 week delivery whereas my stainless steel black link bracelet that i got up and ordered within minutes of pre-orders going live still says june........... thanks for dropping the ball apple.

Or.... the blue banded sports watch is not as popular (indicated by the offer they sent to developers) as the stainless steel black model you ordered.

Douglas B

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
Sydney
The artificial shortage reports are bollocks.
I ordered 12:02am PST 4/10.
My watch was made on 4/15-16*
It arrived on 4/24.
42mm SS with Classic Buckle to Aus.

Being one of the first to order you'd think they would send me the earliest produced stock. Exactly.

*The activity app in my iPhone shows that someone took 31 steps with my watch on 4/16. And reports on the serial number say it was made that same week - week 16 of 2015.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
No change on my space grey 42 that was ordered minutes after launch. All good though! It'll be get here eventually.

Interesting. I ordered mine about 8 hours after the window opened, and the order status changed from June shipping to late May. I'm hopeful that will continue to improve.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Nooo! Hundreds of cottage businesses are counting on the sales of colorful, rubbery "armor" cases to protect the finish of these gadgets.

Ha! I'm sure a lot of mall jewelry stores got stocked up on polish and microfiber. Rumor has it, Swatch is cranking up the old Swatch Guard factory. Mall kiosks have been loaded to the gills with all sorts of witch doctory gadgets and Amazon built a new warehouse just for protection products. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.