Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lw9090

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Improve???? I guess you haven't been reading the forum for the SS w/ Black SportBand.

Douglas B

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
Sydney
Or.... the blue banded sports watch is not as popular (indicated by the offer they sent to developers) as the stainless steel black model you ordered.

That's right. As far as individual straps go, the blue and green sport bands have the shortest lead times of all straps.

diegogaja

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
Or pushed back the delivery date for some because they could fulfill most of the orders they got...oh wait. LOL

What pisses me off is I stayed up til 3:00am EST to order a watch and I here I sit with no real updates on processing times. If they couldn't fulfill initial orders they should've pushed back the launch.

Douglas B

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
Sydney
Ordered within 2 minutes of preorders opening. 42MM SS with Link Bracelet, still no change on my 12th May - 26th May shipping date...Thought they would have made the more expensive ones a priority...still, it'll get here when it gets here i guess...dissapointed though.

Remember it takes 9 hours to make one link bracelet and 9 seconds to order one.

houstonche

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2015
Interesting. I ordered mine about 8 hours after the window opened, and the order status changed from June shipping to late May. I'm hopeful that will continue to improve.

I'm sure it will. If I were them and knew I was catching up on orders id update the later dates first as well.

j4m13

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2013
Did anyone order the Black/Blue Leather Loop edition? I haven't seen anyone mention it here. It looks like i am the only one and have May Delivery.

pjtoadie

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
I ordered the 38mm white sport on 4/16. I initially got a June delivery date but now it's showing 3-5 weeks (May 21-June 4). Hopefully I'll get it sooner!

houstonche

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2015
Did anyone order the Black/Blue Leather Loop edition? I haven't seen anyone mention it here. It looks like i am the only one and have May Delivery.

Can't recall seeing any but that's pretty good to hear. Did they move it up or was it like that from the start?

wdfly

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Remember it takes 9 hours to make one link bracelet and 9 seconds to order one.

taking 9 man-hours and taking 9 actual hours are not the same thing. a factory can churn out the parts to make that band in a matter of linear minutes.

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I was excited to see the date change from June to May 21st to Jun 4th for the 38mm SG I ordered for the gf. My SB SS 42 is still June. I think it'll update in another 2 weeks. I hope I'm in the first batch because this was 5 minutes after midnight which was 3 minutes after the app came online.

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
What pisses me off is I stayed up til 3:00am EST to order a watch and I here I sit with no real updates on processing times. If they couldn't fulfill initial orders they should've pushed back the launch.

Didn't you get a delivery window?

I got 24th April to 8th May.

I'm waiting without a care in the world as it's still in that window.

j4m13

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2013
Can't recall seeing any but that's pretty good to hear. Did they move it up or was it like that from the start?

It was like that from the very start, however i did then have a think about it and ordered at :16. I was looking to see if the other ones had better stock.

wdfly

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Or.... the blue banded sports watch is not as popular (indicated by the offer they sent to developers) as the stainless steel black model you ordered.

or apple didn't make much if any of the link bracelet models out of fear that the price would deter many orders. i'm guessing that they didn't start making my model till we actually ordered them.

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2006
Yes went from June to this.

Delivers: May 14 - May 20 by Standard Shipping

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band

MuseumVisitor

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
Haha, they almost want us to believe that Apple is giving us a favour for getting iWatch earlier than expected.

Well in my case, Pink 42mm ordered at 3:01 (confirmation email at 3:02 - location for delivery big city downtown Zone 1) is being delivered to my surprise and disappointment much later than expected. Still did not receive it, supposedly on this coming Weds, 29th… Therefore, April 24th was never realistic prediction, but they they offered these dates anyway. How do they think anyone will ever trust them in the future again?

Apple wrongly exaggerated with blue and white production, but screwed up with other models.

Maybe they quickly used a pink nail polish and painted one of these whites that they have extra of? I’m supposed to feel unique when I finally get mine?

feralhamster

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Didn't you get a delivery window?

I got 24th April to 8th May.

I'm waiting without a care in the world as it's still in that window.

Srsly, so much nerdrage...just chill ppl and most likely you'll get it before the last day of the window!:rolleyes:

hellomaxi

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Ordered at 8:03 here in the UK, 42mm SG aluminium with black sport band. Still processing. Anyone in the UK with progress?

nycSAN

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Sport 42mm Space Grey, Black Sport Band

Confirmed 3:44am EST (alarm didn't go off, grrrr)
Original Ship Time: "June"

Now it is May 29 - June 11.

So.... hurrah? :p

ldenning

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2003
June Date Now Refined a Bit

My 42mm, SG, Sport, ordered on 4/10 at 3:43 AM EST, with 3:49 AM confirmation, went from June delivery to May 29 - June 11 this morning.

Omartinezvar

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
Madera, CA
I ordered:
Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Link Bracelet
Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band
42mm Black Sport Band

And not even the band has been shipped . I ordered on April 10, with order confirmation at 00:16 PST. According to the order, the band suppose to be delivered by April 29, but all items in my order still in "processing" status.

houstonche

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2015
or apple didn't make much if any of the link bracelet models out of fear that the price would deter many orders. i'm guessing that they didn't start making my model till we actually ordered them.

If that was the case they wouldn't have installed safes to house gold watches.

Underestimated, yes. Made to order? No way.

----------

Haha, they almost want us to believe that Apple is giving us a favour for getting iWatch earlier than expected.

Well in my case, Pink 42mm ordered at 3:01 (confirmation email at 3:02 - location for delivery big city downtown Zone 1) is being delivered to my surprise and disappointment much later than expected. Still did not receive it, supposedly on this coming Weds, 29th… Therefore, April 24th was never realistic prediction, but they they offered these dates anyway. How do they think anyone will ever trust them in the future again?

Apple wrongly exaggerated with blue and white production, but screwed up with other models.

Maybe they quickly used a pink nail polish and painted one of these whites that they have extra of? I’m supposed to feel unique when I finally get mine?

Feel unique? When was that ever promised?

zhugzug

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2013
What pisses me off the most is I placed my order 3 mins after pre-order started (3am EST) couldn't get in till 3:03am. Placed my order 10 seconds later. And it was already saying 5/12 - 5/27!!!! WTF Apple did you make like ten watches and said "screw it. Lets see how many people order?!?!?!!"

NOW I'm seeing people who ordered HOURS after I did RECEIVING their deliveries OR improved delivery expectations......WTF!!?!?!?!? I'm stuck in Processing hell.

This is my first time pre-ordering something from Apple and this is the worst experience I have ever had to deal with wanting to buy something.

Apple Watch Sports 38mm
Black Sports Band

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.