Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1town

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
I know this has been said before...but how the hell can you spend $10,000 in the app store? Especially for a newbie.:confused:

It's called never having to pay for apps, movies and tvshows again. Or at least not for a long while.

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
Maybe she'll step up to the paid version of "Where's My Water?".
Although that'd leave her with a mere $9,999, so maybe not. :rolleyes:

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
What a coincidence that Apple is focusing a lot of Chinese development and the winner is from China.......

you are being sarcastic, right? it's not a coincidence. she deserves to win as much as anyone else--i'm not complaining AT ALL. but no way does apple just "randomly" pick the person who downloaded the X-billionth whatever for these things. someone in the Chinese market was probably deliberately chosen from among possible winners.

japasneezemonk

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2005
Nomad
I wonder if she is going to use it or sell it?

I spent around $100 on App Store last year.

I was thinking about that too and it's so easy to spend money buying apps. Some really good apps like omnifocus on the ipad and iphone cost $39.99 and $19.99 respectively. Add logmein,Reeder both ios and OSX versions, etc... Before you know it you've spent $100-150 just in basic apps. then if you're anyhting like me and are buying apps whenever you're bored or to test out a potentially cool app it adds up. BTW, i'm not complaining, just thinking out loud.*

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
What a coincidence that Apple is focusing a lot of Chinese development and the winner is from China.......

That's a stupid assertion, frankly. One could also say that having about 3x as many citizens as the US makes it more likely that China would have a winner. Of course, if you're one of those people who thinks that only an American should win the contest, then you have other issues.

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I was thinking about that too and it's so easy to spend money buying apps. Some really good apps like omnifocus on the ipad and iphone cost $39.99 and $19.99 respectively. Add logmein,Reeder both ios and OSX versions, etc... Before you know it you've spent $100-150 just in basic apps. then if you're anyhting like me and are buying apps whenever you're bored or to test out a potentially cool app it adds up. BTW, i'm not complaining, just thinking out loud.*

Final Cut X for Mac costs $300. $400 with Compressor and Motion. iTunes GCs work for Mac Apps too.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Can you use EasyPay and use the iTunes gift card credit? If so then at least she can pick up some headphones/accessories? Also, if Apple implements NFC mobile pay feature linked to iTunes account, that might work as well?

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

What exactly are you saying? That a tech issue cutting US downloads for say, 1 sec could give the advantage to another Continent? Especially one where Tim is, shortly after the winner is announced? Nah, coincidence I say. :rolleyes:

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
Can you use EasyPay and use the iTunes gift card credit? If so then at least she can pick up some headphones/accessories? Also, if Apple implements NFC mobile pay feature linked to iTunes account, that might work as well?

Does EasyPay work with iTunes GCs? :eek: If so, I'd like to know. Cuz some stuff (like gifting apps) does not... you have to have an associated CC, can't use your GC credits for some reason. :( I just assumed EasyPay would be the same.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
"Fu Chunli was not a big fan of Apple."

She should have been disqualified for that line right there.

Typical Apple sheep. Just because she is not kissing a company's ass or idolizing it, doesn't mean she shouldn't be qualified. Kudos to her for being honest, and not some blind Apple fanboy.

Last edited:

srxtr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Not a bad looking woman and her last name is Chun Li (without the space).

To me, she looks to be about 35. People say Asian women who are in their 40s can look young enough to look like they're still in their 20s.

Based on that theory, she's probably 55.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted

newyorksole said:

Yeh, what a coincidence......

sha4000

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
"Fu Chunli was not a big fan of Apple."

She should have been disqualified for that line right there.

Really:confused::confused::confused: It should have been you and all would be right in the world. Just be happy that she can now indulge in the whole apple experience.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Based on the comments in this thread and the nasty comments re: woman suing Apple, I'm disappointed in the level of immaturity shown. Don't think I'll be donating to MacRumors again. Some of you should be ashamed at how you talk to others. :(

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Typical Apple sheep. Just because she is not kissing and idolizing a company, doesn't mean she shouldn't be qualified. Kudos to her for being honest, and not some blind Apple fanboy.

Typical MR user with sarcasm meter disabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.