Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravaged

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2005
My sister literally just purchased her new Macbook Pro several days ago. Can we still qualify for this? I would be seriously pissed off if they wouldn't allow us to get in on this.

celtikmind

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
My sister literally just purchased her new Macbook Pro several days ago. Can we still qualify for this? I would be seriously pissed off if they wouldn't allow us to get in on this.

They won't. Think it was stated earlier in this thread.

If you ordered it from Apple, cancel the order and wait for the deal to show.

Lancelot9201

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
May Be A Deal To You - But I For One Can't Support A $100 Per Month Bill

That would be a nice deal!

This is one reason our country is in the situation it's in. Any parent that
would give their child an iPhone or support them having one,
which most likely would get lost, damaged or stolen,
& approve them committing to an $80 to $100 per month phone bill is plain crazy.
They need a Metro Pcs or other regional provider that offers unlimited minutes, Internet & text messaging for $40 to $45 per month..

medgirl2001

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2009
USA
This is one reason our country is in the situation it's in. Any parent that
would give their child an iPhone or support them having one,
which most likely would get lost, damaged or stolen,
& approve them committing to an $80 to $100 per month phone bill is plain crazy.
They need a Metro Pcs or other regional provider that offers unlimited minutes, Internet & text messaging for $40 to $45 per month..

Well, if you add them on to a family plan, then the iPhone only costs $9.99 + $30 a month. That doesn't include texting, but even with unlimited texting that doesn't come anywhere close to $100 a month.

Sure, if the child has their own account, it would be quite a bit more expensive, but I would guess that a lot of teens/college students may just be additional lines on their parents' accounts, which is more cost-effective.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
so, the word is no iPhone will be included, and it will essentially be the same as last year (ipod touch, nano)

will be officially announced in the am.

arn

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
so, the word is no iPhone will be included, and it will essentially be the same as last year (ipod touch, nano)

will be officially announced in the am.

arn

Well sucks that there's no iPhone included, but still good to know it's actually happening tomorrow. I know plenty of people who have been asking about it.

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
hmmm... less than last years BTS promo (229<299). still same 8gb model though

alex018

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Back to school promo finally started already!!

wait for OS 3.0 release so that save another 10 dollar. he he

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
White MB 2.13GHz vs. 2GHz, 160GB HDD vs. 120GB, 800MHz DDR2 vs. 667MHZ DDR2.

So when is the low end unibody CPU speed being updated? That was a pretty small but welcome update to the White MB. Should be interesting to see the slight changes to the speed of the machine.

keeva381

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009
Sorry but I'm NEW to the MAC world......

Can you get BOTH the ipod rebate ($229) and the printer rebate ($100) if all purchased together on 1 receipt?

Thanks!

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
Sorry but I'm NEW to the MAC world......

Can you get BOTH the ipod rebate ($229) and the printer rebate ($100) if all purchased together on 1 receipt?

Thanks!

Yes. Blah. 10 minutes after the answer. I guess I shouldn't have gone to get that fax. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.