Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Is it just me or does Apple only seem to open up these flagship stores overseas? I know we have some in the states but nowhere near as many as we hear about in other countries. I live in Orlando and this is a huge market for Apple. Tourists from all over the world take time out of their theme park visits just to make a trip to stores like Apple and Best Buy and stock up on these devices. I wonder why we haven't gotten a store like this already. A place like Downtown Disney would be ideal for this.

Because Orlando *shudder*

J/K sorta

Lymf

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2014
Brussels

No Genius Bar?

Genius tables in the middle. It's a new concept supposed to be more friendly for the customer. We shall see how this works...

These opening days are just cringeworthy. Capitalism at it sweetest.

Its weird how some people act like Apple is a religion. Kind of creepy.

Yeah, kind of like sport, celebrities and things like that.... So weird... Not. If it's OK for one to become a religion (how much money do people spend to get a pass for their favourite nfl team and how much they spend on traveling?, or people waiting for days near a hotel where a celebrity might be staying just to have a glance at him/her), why is t it ok for one but not for the other? I mean, sure I won't spend the night in front of the store but if someone wants to, it's his thing and he doesn't bother me... Soccer fans are more annoying because of the fights at pretty much every game...

It all seems so very gay ! (in the not heterosexual sense) (I thought I would explain in case some fans "reimagined" it another way.) You also understand of course that we watch these antics aghast at your "willing suspension of disbelief".
wow, that's the best comment out there... Slick design is gay. Next time they'll open one looking like a farm with monster trucks as tables and decoration...

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
wow, that's the best comment out there... Slick design is gay. Next time they'll open one looking like a farm with monster trucks as tables and decoration...
Well, Tim is gay and quite openly and proudly so.
Presenting himself as a role model at every possible occasion for many years, it could be expected that this transcended into everything Apple
I guess he’d be proud of this comment.

Last edited:

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London

Apple celebrated the grand opening of its newly designed Apple Store in Brussels today with much fanfare, ranging from CEO Tim Cook tweeting to long lineups and media forming around the entrance prior to the doors opening. The store is the first located in Belgium at Avenue de la Toison d'Or in a busy shopping area.

brussels_hero.jpg

The new Apple Store is the first to feature a next-generation Jony Ive-inspired design with large and virtually seamless curved glass panels on the facade, light boxes extending the length of the ceiling, indoor trees, touch-sensitive sequoia wood tables, new wooden shelves for Beats headphones and other accessories, and a massive digital screen at the back of the store for product marketing.

Apple blog One More Thing was on hand for the Apple Store grand opening in Brussels today and recorded some exciting footage as the doors opened. As with many other grand openings, the day started with a countdown among the hundreds of people lined up outside the store, at which point the doors opened and customers were cheered on by retail employees as they entered.

Apple recently shared a new video that highlights the work of several comic artists in Brussels, which is known for its tradition of comic art, to celebrate the grand opening. The store is open on Monday-Saturday between 10 AM and 7 PM local time and offers a Genius Bar, Workshops and other regular services.

(Thanks, Jan!)

Article Link: Apple's Beautiful New Store in Brussels Opens to Long Lines and Fanfare

That looks great. I love the curved glass panel.

Not sure about the genius table at the center though.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.