Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
How many former Apple folks started Panera. The place feels like an "Apple-ized" restaurant.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Why would you do that? android has both Softcard and GW at your disposal., and they work wherever Apple Pay is accepted.

I agree, but let's not forget that both Softcard and GW were first, so it should be that Apple Pay is accepted where Softcard and GW have been for at least 5+ years.

Just splitting hairs. Sorry.

How many former Apple folks started Panera. The place feels like an "Apple-ized" restaurant.

It is. It's like a Subway turned up to hoity-toity.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
With Eddy Cue in charge of it I've absolutely no confidence in Apple Pay. This is the same guy responsible for iTunes which since I upgraded to the latest version is now almost unusable as it seems to crash almost every time I try to use it. :mad:

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
With Eddy Cue in charge of it I've absolutely no confidence in Apple Pay. This is the same guy responsible for iTunes which since I upgraded to the latest version is now almost unusable as it seems to crash almost every time I try to use it. :mad:

If it was anyone other than you saying this Shaun I'd disagree.

Since you're a notable member I'll have to look into that.

I don't use iTunes as much now that Apple has almost cut the ties to it save for the occasional visit to do things my iOS devices can't do by themselves, but it's not problematic for me.

I don't think Eddy will be the only person to have his fingers in the Apple Pay sphere though, and since it's revolving around something as precious as our money I would hope Apple would do a much better job on the back end.

p.s. Are you running iTunes on a Windows PC? iTunes crashes my Windows VMs still till this day.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
If it was anyone other than you saying this Shaun I'd disagree.

Since you're a notable member I'll have to look into that.

I don't use iTunes as much now that Apple has almost cut the ties to it save for the occasional visit to do things my iOS devices can't do by themselves, but it's not problematic for me.

I don't think Eddy will be the only person to have his fingers in the Apple Pay sphere though, and since it's revolving around something as precious as our money I would hope Apple would do a much better job on the back end.

p.s. Are you running iTunes on a Windows PC? iTunes crashes my Windows VMs still till this day.

I'm using it on a brand new Windows laptop with 8GB RAM and Windows 8.1. I don't use it on my MBP as the SSD hard drive is just too small to hold my iTunes library. It worked ok with iTunes 11. A bit sluggish and slow at times but at least it worked. However since upgrading to iTunes 12 it just crashes all the time with the "not responding" tag in Task Manager.

I don't know if the problem is confined to the Windows version or if the same problem occurs with the Mac version. If they don't solve it soon then I guess I'll have to move it across to my MBP instead and get an external hard drive which is a pain.

PS Thanks for the compliment. I've been called a few things on here but "notable" is definitely one of the nicest.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I'm using it on a brand new Windows laptop with 8GB RAM and Windows 8.1. I don't use it on my MBP as the SSD hard drive is just too small to hold my iTunes library. It worked ok with iTunes 11. A bit sluggish and slow at times but at least it worked. However since upgrading to iTunes 12 it just crashes all the time with the "not responding" tag in Task Manager.

I don't know if the problem is confined to the Windows version or if the same problem occurs with the Mac version. If they don't solve it soon then I guess I'll have to move it across to my MBP instead and get an external hard drive which is a pain.

PS Thanks for the compliment. I've been called a few things on here but "notable" is definitely one of the nicest.

It might be Windows. I've never had a good experience with iTunes on any flavor of Windows.

As for the compliment, it's hard for people to just be people on the forums these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.