Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
If you're referring to Kindle Fire, it's basically a slightly tweaked version of RIM Playbook design-wise. From what I've read it's because they are designed by the same Taiwanese firm but I still couldn't believe RIM didn't have the foresight to have some sort of provision in their contract that prevent the design firm to re-use that design for a competitor.

regardless of little tweaked...it's still "kindle"-like. I'm sure Amazon will do something about this and Apple will be playing SS role.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
regardless of little tweaked...it's still "kindle"-like. I'm sure Amazon will do something about this and Apple will be playing SS role.

Did you actually read what I wrote? In terms of design Kindle Fire itself was a Playbook with slight tweaks in physical design. The company that made Kindle Fire allegedly reused the design of Playbook. In other words, Kindle Fire was largely a rebadged product in terms of hardware design - the internal and software are obviously different.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Did you actually read what I wrote? In terms of design Kindle Fire itself was a Playbook with slight tweaks in physical design. The company that made Kindle Fire allegedly reused the design of Playbook. In other words, Kindle Fire was largely a rebadged product in terms of hardware design - the internal and software are obviously different.

ic.

----------

Based on what?

"small", "rectangular shape"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.