Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbbb4b

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
Common sense? In the Macrumors comments? Say it aint so!

Oh yeah, wow. He's pretty smart there. and of course scientists have no way to factor this information into their models. I'm sure they just ignore these calculations. That's what them brainy scientists always do :rolleyes:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Let's See.. Global Warming is a Hoax..

Evolution must be one too ?

If you look at some people, you get lots of doubts about evolution. And even more doubts about intelligent design. :D "Beam me up, Scotty. There is no intelligent life on this planet".

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Has anyone performed any studies on the effect lcd screens have on young eyes? :confused:

I know I 've had to put glasses at 33 from computer use and know a lot of friends who had their eyesight hurt after extensive computer use.

As much as I feel excited about this, I have to be reserved about it too...

Has anyone performed any studies on the effect of reading books has on young eyes? One study is meaningless and irrelevant without the other.

macsmurf

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007

Gotta love all these informed people..

Try using your computers on other sites than Fox News and maybe you will
learn something, instead of parroting it.

It would seem better text books are sorely needed. Of course ID people can make text books too and it's much easier to shoot down a complex subject than to properly explain it. I've had advanced courses primarily based on the theory of evolution at university level. The whole area of molecular biology would be dead in the water without it but once you get into the details it's extremely complex.

We need kids to be able to distinguish good science from bad. Better teaching tools might be part of the answer.

mw77

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's a hoax if they actually state their research was misguided and had been falsified. Global warming sure, entirely us NO that would be ridiculous and tantamount to criminal. Can't say some can't have it all when that's all YOU WANT!

O.k., I'll bite. Please name any climate scientist who has stated that their research dealing with global warming was misguided and the conclusions therein were falsified by other published scientific work.

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2003
It's possible that some politicians may use the Global Warming as a tool for their own political gain, but we can't deny that there is a problem with Global Warming.
I do know there is some people who in their ignorance would say there's no Global Warming, and come up with all these facts that make no sense at all. I have decided to ignore those. I just hope you are not one of those people too.

This is getting off-topic, but I would like to add that calling something a "hoax" is saying that the scientists are deliberately trying to mis-lead people. You may or may not agree with their conclusions, but calling global warming a hoax is going too far.

LOL political hoax huh, then why hasn't snow stuck around the great lakes fro more than two days all winter?

He meant MAN MADE Global Warming

elmiro

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012

Gotta love all these informed people..

Try using your computers on other sites than Fox News and maybe you will
learn something, instead of parroting it.

Yes, man made global warming theory is a hoax, so is the theory of humans being a bunch of miraculously highly developed monkeys (AKA "evolution") and a whole bunch of other widely accepted "scientific facts". No pressure, just consider questioning what you've been told every now and then and you'll do better. Here is a few links on man made global warming to get you started (this is official media if that adds anything to you):

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...n-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHuOAXIl0M&feature=player_embedded#!

And whenever you're ready, check out this fella who does a great job collecting details of typical techniques used to brainwash unsuspecting masses so sure of their intelligence: http://www.davidicke.com

xradman07

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can not be misleading when he said exactly that. Wow a lib that does and does not want us to take him for his word all at the same time. Get a grip I believe in capitalism and freedom. However if your going to post crazy profits then bash the system either directly or indirectly with your actions I say put up or shut up. It's no different then a movie star making millions off a flick putting his money overseas and getting taxed the minimum and saying tax the rich.
Bottom line is I have no problem with their profit just be consistent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.