Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
MacBook Pro driving two 27" Cinema Displays on a 6750M?

I don't think so. Apple better start thinking about putting in a better GPU if they think that's going to happen. Either that or roll out a smaller size.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Sold my two year old cinema display a week or two ago and got back 80% of what I paid for it. Bought a 23" Dell IPS and the best part about it is that I'm no longer confined to a single connector that isn't used by the majority of hardware manufacturers.

Put the other £300 I got from the sale towards an iPad.

Oh, and I LOVE having a matte display again :D

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
MacBook Pro driving two 27" Cinema Displays on a 6750M?

I don't think so. Apple better start thinking about putting in a better GPU if they think that's going to happen. Either that or roll out a smaller size.

Why? It's not as if you are going to be gaming on both displays at once.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
Someone please get it right.

This just in.... Those part numbers are NOT for Mac Book Airs or Mac Books or Cinema Displays or Mac Pros or even Mac Minis. My source tells me that they are new all-leather iPhone 4 bumpers in various colors. Supposedly the names of the colors that Apple is going to offer are beige, earth (dark brown), black, crimson (dark red), hunter (dark green), and midnight (dark blue).

These new bumpers are being delayed until the release of OS X Lion because an iPhone 4 wrapped in the new leather bumper will not be able to sync with iTunes running under Snow Leopard. Supposedly, these bumpers are going to be exclusively compatible with OS X Lion and with iOS 4 as well as the upcoming iOS 5 (though support is not yet implemented in the current beta).

You heard it here first. This is going to be both magical and revolutionary!

JangoFett124

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
If you add some Macs (including iMacs) to your cart on the Apple store, they have the Lion screensaver.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Sold my two year old cinema display a week or two ago and got back 80% of what I paid for it. Bought a 23" Dell IPS and the best part about it is that I'm no longer confined to a single connector that isn't used by the majority of hardware manufacturers.

Put the other £300 I got from the sale towards an iPad.

Oh, and I LOVE having a matte display again :D

Where'd you get the Dell? I have an old (matte) 23" ACD that still works beautifully. I'm hoping to add a Dell soon.

What you pay?

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
Cool! Yay, new Mac Mini is on Apple's website! But, what guarantees that that's a new Mac Mini? How does Mac Rumors know that the Mac Mini and Mac Pro in the pictures are the next generation, and not the current generation?

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada

I'm sure it'll bog down regardless of what I'm doing especially
if I'm running a combo of two Adobe CS programs, which is nearly every time i'm on my computer.

Telling the 6750M to drive two monitors where one is 2560x1440 is already asking for trouble

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008

Exactly...Even if you did have multiple screens and a powerful GPU, I doubt many gamers even utilize both screens for gaming.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Waiting for the next Macrumors update to this story that the part numbers actually refer to the updated Magic Mouse and wired/wireless keyboards, which are the only hardware refreshes this quarter

madmonkeys

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2009
Cool! Yay, new Mac Mini is on Apple's website! But, what guarantees that that's a new Mac Mini? How does Mac Rumors know that the Mac Mini and Mac Pro in the pictures are the next generation, and not the current generation?

If you look closely you can see that the mac mini is connected to the display via thunderbolt which is not on the current mac mini

skoorbevad

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2007
If you look closely you can see that the mac mini is connected to the display via thunderbolt which is not on the current mac mini

It's the same port location and size as a mini displayport, lierally the only thing changing here is the image on the screen.

amtctt

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
looks like the aspect ration has been changed, intstead of a 16:10 or 16:9 even, almost looks like a 1.85:1. could be my mind playing tricks on me as i am viewing the pic on 4:3 right now.

skoorbevad

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2007
Wow. Simply Brilliant. Apple with unexpected. This will go nicely with my ipad2, iphone4 (white and black), macbook pro, and imac. Cant wait to get the mac pro. I am seriously considering moving next to the nearest apple store.

Steve, you have done it again! Simple genius. Sit down windows, this display shows why you are declining.

:apple:

This is some fantastic trolling, hahaha

I found myself ready to smash my face into my desk after reading somebody basically ready to fellate Steve Jobs because a company added a new open-standard port connection to a hardware device when the hilarity of it all hit me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.