Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastlane1588

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
florida
the reason it goes to IN is because they come into the states all bundled and it goes to the fedex hub and is distributed from there. kind of how when you fly if your flying from a smaller city, you fly to a big city first then to your destination.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
It's 6:53A here in LA. I'm thinking they're going to do the "sit in sort facility for two days" thing... argh FedEx! So close!

I think it will move at around 8 am for delivery. Everyone has reported around 8 am that it left for delivery.

Megaman

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006
Mine is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery". Any minute now.

You think you guys waited long!!? When I had my ibook G3, they announced G4 Powerbooks. During that, G5 was rumoured, so I waited... Once G5 came out on the desktops, Apple still kept the Powerbooks G4. THEN the Intel chip was expected, so I waited a bit more. Once Core Duo came out, Merom was expected. I waited and now the wait is almost over! Finally!

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
Has mine left China yet?

Oct 30, 2006
11:08 AM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Package received after FedEx cutoff

11:08 AM Left origin SHANGHAI CN

8:40 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

mine has exactly the same status as yours. im unhappy it may be sitting in the airport. going to call fedex to check on it

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
I'm about 10 hours earlier in Shanghai:

10/30 1:39 AM Left origin SHANGHAI CN
10/30 1:38 AM Picked up SHANGHAI CN

So maybe you're on the flight that left next? I'd expect you'd start seeing the same activity tomorrow as the 139 group is now.

so the flight 139 left at what time? cause my package looks like it has been sitting there?

palter

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Boston, MA
mine has exactly the same status as yours. im unhappy it may be sitting in the airport. going to call fedex to check on it

My system has the exact same status as yours. I do note, however, that within the last hour, an estimated delivery date has appeared on the tracking page. This gives me hope that the package is now on a plane wending its way to the States...

Edit: I called FedEx. The representative couldn't give me any more information than what's on the tracking page. Sigh. (Maybe, next time, I'll ask for the International department.)

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
Here's the list moved over:

"Flight 139":

adiosk8: Milwaukee, WI / expedited shipping / Nov. 2 estimate
aiolos: (Around) Washington, D.C. / standard shipping / Nov. 2 estimate
andrew f: Phoenix, AZ / expedited shipping / Nov. 2 estimate
andylane: Minneapolis, MN / expedited shipping / Nov. 1 estimate

You forgot me. :D And my MBP just arrived at my local FedEx facility at 8:05AM. Missed the cutoff for delivery today, so I guess I'll get it tomorrow.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
My system has the exact same status as yours. I do note, however, that within the last hour, an estimated delivery date has appeared on the tracking page. This gives me hope that the package is now on a plane wending its way to the States...

Edit: I called FedEx. The representative couldn't give me any more information than what's on the tracking page. Sigh. (Maybe, next time, I'll ask for the International department.)

doh!! well it looks like we are forming our own little support group for those who ordered their MBP's and it is in transit. just like this group. except we are a day or two behind. I just hope to get it by the weekend.

i just checked the update on isnoop: looks like it is leaving china finally. estimated delivery 11/2 10:30am:::::::
10/31/06 09:56 pm Left Fedex Ramp Shanghai

aiolos

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2006
Delivered!

Delivered as of 13 min ago! holy crap!!!!!!!!!:D

wait, where does that put me in the race for who got first?

CALCULATE PEOPLE CALCULATE!

unfortunately, my arrival time is based on fedex cause I live in college and must wait for the dorm where packages are received to send me an email saying I can go get it :rolleyes:

I feel like walking over and being like

B*TCH GIMME MY MBP!, but I feel like that would be a little mean....:D

YAY 2 DAYS EARLY!

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000

unfortunately, my arrival time is based on fedex cause I live in college and must wait for the dorm where packages are received to send me an email saying I can go get it :rolleyes:

YAY 2 DAYS EARLY!

congrats. if i were you. i'd walk over to check on the package at the desk that holds it.

aiolos

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2006
but I have class in 30min! :p

ill get it inbetween 12:15 and 2pm cause thats after my first class. :D

Megaman

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006

YAY 2 DAYS EARLY!
Lol! Awesome man! Your lucky.

thiagofll

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA
This is a funny thread LOL. I import a lot of electronics from China so I know that the Fedex International Dept is pretty small (10 people max working there)....

You all are probably driving those people crazy. When they open up a tracking number and see Apple (or whatever name is shows there), they probably flip LOL.

I got mine yesterday (THANK GOD!). I probably called them about 5 times since it shipped...

No wonder they are rude (most of the time) :D

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
Omg!! It's Here!

Even though it was listed as just getting into the FedEx center less than an hour ago, FedEx just delivered it! :eek: :eek: :D

My new 15" 2.33GHz, 2GB, 160GB, Glossy toy is here... This "flight 139er" is signing off. Maybe if I'm not too busy later, I'll post a few pics, but I'm going to be too busy to really enjoy it today... Halloween and all that and little kids to deal with. ;)

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
This is a funny thread LOL. I import a lot of electronics from China so I know that the Fedex International Dept is pretty small (10 people max working there)....

You all are probably driving those people crazy. When they open up a tracking number and see Apple (or whatever name is shows there), they probably flip LOL.

I got mine yesterday (THANK GOD!). I probably called them about 5 times since it shipped...

No wonder they are rude (most of the time) :D

funny, yet i hope that Fedex actually has the people on the ground in Shanghai to actually get the stuff on a plane, I am a day or two behind you all with estimated 11/2 delivery. funny! why? cause i am sure all of us ordered the same morning the MBP's were announced.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Mine reached my "local facility" at 7 this morning; but unlike some of yours it hasn't been loaded onto a truck - looks like tomorrow it is... :(

Guys, it doesn't help to bug those poor FedEx folks. I've known some call-center people, and they get worked like dogs (and the companies tend to try squeezing more and more out of them every year). It's a pretty thankless job - try to remember that, both now and whenever you're dealing with them regarding a package.

walshb6413

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2006
Salem, OR
10/31/06 03:45 am
Held At Sort Facility
Indianapolis, IN

Noooo.. why hold it... why!?!?!

Grrr

Well that is isnoops info, FedEx says "In Transit", lol

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
Mine is still on the truck for delivery. It doesn't matter coz I cannot go home before 7 anyway.

dgoss, any luck. Did your status change to being delivered?

rishio

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2003
you can pick up the package

My MacBook 2.33 15inch is on delivery to my home. That said, their website says it will be delivered nov 2nd and not today.. so I called them up. They told me that it should be at my place today by 10:30am and if it's not, I can go to the local fedex facility and pick it up as long as I have my drivers license and tracking number.

Just thought I'd let everyone know you can pick it up...

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Woo hoo! Mine is on the vehicle for delivery today, one day early!

This is doubly great because I am telecommuting today, so I won't have to wait!

Hey, I have a question about Migration Assistant. Specifically - how long should I allow for the entire process (ballpark estimate)?

e12a

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2006
Same here. 2 days early. Its was delivered 1/2 hour after it left the sort facility. In fact, its waiting in the mail room for me to pick up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.