Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I see no reason to buy a new iPad, as I'm an owner of the rMini. I'm happy with that, and I cannot think of any improvement that would entice me to upgrade.

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I see no reason to buy a new iPad, as I'm an owner of the rMini. I'm happy with that, and I cannot think of any improvement that would entice me to upgrade.

A8X, 2GB RAM, Metal Support, Full Colour Gamut and TouchId not enough for you ...?

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Are you buying a new iPad rMini 2 with Touch ID?

I wil buy the ipad miniR 2 just because of touch id... Now that my ipad mini retina Lte can make and receive phone calls, receive imsg, soon sms texts, i will want to lock it down, but don't wanna enter a password every time i wanna unlock it things i do several times a day touch id would be ideal!

Last edited:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012

Technically there's no reason for me too but I just have to buy a new shiny apple device lol. This will be my last purchase I guess. Next one will be the apple watch.

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
A8X, 2GB RAM, Metal Support, Full Colour Gamut and TouchId not enough for you ...?
The A7 series included on the retina iPad mini includes support for Metal. Otherwise, I agree that the other features would be compelling, and I hope that we see them.

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
Sidenote: It could come with just A8 carried from the phones like the current generation of sort of one-die-fits-all A7. But of course with the return of a bigger chip, things could change... ehm. Maybe a lower performance bin of A8X, eh?

Last edited:

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
I have an iPad Air and iPhone 6+. I think of selling the Air and buy an iPad mini Retina 2. :) The Air is great. I used it as videocam on Iceland. It is storm and rain proved! :D A smaller iPad would be easier to carry. I would like to see a display with non-glare!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.