Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
So the two big AT&T stores in my city don't have any 6+ stock like at all. One store has only one 6+ demo unit and are selling scant amounts of the 6. The other store barely has any inventory of the 6 and they never got any demo units or any stock 6+. Best bet is the apple store but they never seen to have any stock of the 6+ 64 or 128 gb.

Well at this point it looks like I'm getting mine between the posted date of 10/13-10/22.

Utter suckitude.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Just refused my 6+ shipment. Hope it will go to an happy camper (I scored one from Apple store already).

luiss111

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I've been following along, and just wanted to add my info.

iPhone 6 Plus (space gray, 128GB)
Order completed 3:05am ET on 9/12 (AT&T Premier)
NOTHING so far...still in the 10/2-10/13 group
I'm in Kentucky.

Order placed on AT&T (Premier) on 9/12 right at 3am ET (I took a screenshot of my "completed order" page at 3:05am ET... that page said "7-10 business days"). I didn't have any problems logging onto ATT web site (but I couldn't get in before 3am ET).

I got the "AT&T: Thank You for Your Order" email at 4:23am ET.

On 9/13 at 9:54am, I got a text from AT&T that said "AT&T free Msg: Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped."

No other communication from AT&T since then.

I'm currently in the 10/2-10/13 group (and I think I've been there the whole time). My status is "preorder processing" (and I still have a blue "Cancel Preorder" button) on the Premier web page (link from Premier email confirmation). My status is "Preparing to Ship" when I log into my AT&T account.

If I call the phone number, it says my phone is backordered.

[I also ordered a "regular" iPhone 6 - not the "Plus" version, in a separate order, right after ordering my 128GB SG Plus. Same ordering procedure, but that order went in a few minutes after my "Plus" order. That phone was delivered on release day, with no problems.]

This has been a really frustrating process...

Me too. This is exactly my issue. Although I didn't order a regular 6 on the side like you.

jallenclark

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008
I received my tracking today! So happy! It will be delivered tomorrow!
I ordered within 7-8 min of order opening, +64G Gold and located in Indiana.

I am really hoping my shipping comes in the next 2 days so I get it before the weekend. You give everyone hope.

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Cancel Apple order on ATT

I have an iPhone 6 on order with a Oct 9 - Oct 14 delivery date. I found one in store and cancel online with Apple, how long before my line eligibility shows back up with ATT?

Upgraded

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Indiana
I am really hoping my shipping comes in the next 2 days so I get it before the weekend. You give everyone hope.

I will say that I read a previous post on one of these ATT + threads stating that one day prior to him receiving his shipping notification he called the toll free web order status phone number and the status was processing. The next day he received his shipping status. His other phone was on backorder and has not moved to processing, so he has not received anything. So processing on the phone line means scanned and almost on its way to you........

This posters tip rang true for me also, mid day Sunday my account moved to processing and I received shipping information from fed ex via text at 12:39pm around official notification from ATT about 2 hours later.

Here is the link!
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19837538/

Last edited:

ArmyGoose

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
I will say that I read a previous post on one of these ATT + threads stating that one day prior to him receiving his shipping notification he called the toll free web order status phone number and the status was processing. The next day he received his shipping status. His other phone was on backorder and has not moved to processing, so he has not received anything. So processing on the phone line means scanned and almost on its way to you........

This posters tip rang true for me also, mid day Sunday my account moved to processing and I received shipping information from fed ex via text at 12:39pm around official notification from ATT about 2 hours later.

Here is the link!

True. Wife's phone said processing mine said backordered. Still does. She received shipping notification next day and other than calling the 877 number no other commo from AT&T until order shipped.

If you're calling from the line you're upgrading call (877) 782-8870, then hit "1", and "1" again. It will then ask for your shipping zip. Quick and easy.

Last edited:

ArmyGoose

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Holy hell. I just did that and it's finally being processed. I tried an hour ago and it was still saying backordered.. 64+ SG. Ordered at 3:00 est. Got confirmation email at 4:10 am est. Should be shipped tomorrow. I was in the infamous 10/2 group for the last week. They are coming. That late of a change is good news for you guys. Still some phones being scanned even this late.

hopson89

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Weird mine same like yours had sim already inside it ( within the phone) and I had to shut off my old iphone 5 for 5 mins in activating process and was done.. No sim swapping or going to store

I was using the upgrade for another line. I tried to get through the order screens as fast as possible so I didn't cross upgrade. I had to go in to get a SIM card for the right line :)

AMGCLK65

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
True. Wife's phone said processing mine said backordered. Still does. She received shipping notification next day and other than calling the 877 number no other commo from AT&T until order shipped.

If you're calling from the line you're upgrading call (877) 782-8870, then hit "1", and "1" again. It will then ask for your shipping zip. Quick and easy.

Called the number. Back order.
Order at 11:56pm on 9/11. 16gb sg iphone +. Shipping stuck at 10/2-10/13 form the get go.
my wife's got ordered at 11:58 9/11. 64gb gold iphone+. Arrived today.
Ordered through att premier

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Looks like the battle isn't over. Activated the iP6+ 4 hours ago and it's still showing No Service. Love it.

I did it online and it wasn't fast eniugh because it said higher volume. I gave in after 30 minutes and called to activate and it took less than 15 minutes. Wait wasnt that long to get to csr.

----------

I have an iPhone 6 on order with a Oct 9 - Oct 14 delivery date. I found one in store and cancel online with Apple, how long before my line eligibility shows back up with ATT?

It depends if your order has shipped but has not reflected on status yet. If that's the case you won't be able to cancel. If not, eligibility is immediate.

cnstoll

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010
Got my iPhone 6 Plus (64g, SG) today. I pre-ordered with AT&T Premier at 11:45p on launch day, 15 minutes before the launch window opened. My delivery date said October 2-13th up until Saturday when I got a delivery confirmation, and it did indeed arrive today.

I'm genuinely surprised that it actually did arrive today. After hearing nothing leading up to Friday, I was expecting a mid-October delivery.

Even though I only got my phone a few days late, I think I am finally done once and for all ordering anything from AT&T. The lack of information and clarity with little recourse is just too frustrating. Apple Store Online or In-Person from here on out, no exceptions.

R4226

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2011
I ordered between 3:12 AM and 3:15 AM that Friday morning and still have not heard **** I'm really getting pissed off now. I wish I never would have ordered through AT&T premier... first-come first-served is ********. I'm happy for everybody getting their phones but I'm really getting upset that I'm not getting mine.

thechez5

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Torrance, CA
Did anyone else receive this email but get their phone earlier than the stated dates? I just wanna know if there still is a chance of me getting my phone sooner than these dates, or if this email is the final nail in the coffin and I just have to wait until November.

Attachments

• EMAIL.JPG
    EMAIL.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 117

Ajwynn

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
San Diego, CA
Just woke up tho find that I had a tracking number and it will be delivered today. 64gb SG iphone6+ ordered and confirmed 12:29am PST 9/12.
That's great news for all of you. :eek::D

jokim

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Just woke up tho find that I had a tracking number and it will be delivered today. 64gb SG iphone6+ ordered and confirmed 12:29am PST 9/12.

is the confirmed time the time you got the e-mail?

Tatsh

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
They must be out/don't have Gold 128 GB because I still have not received anything. Confirmation e-mail at 1:49 AM PST.

jallenclark

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008

Congrats! I am very jealous but one more phone closer to mine. I ordered well before many people who have shipped, it feels like playing the lottery right now.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011

Here is the link!

Thanks for reposting that! I'll probably just start doing that a few times a day vs. logging into AT&T, FedEx, and UPS every 2 hours to check. :p

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006

Mine said on backorder so I guess I'll be waiting longer. 128GB SG Plus ordered 3:40am est.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.