Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If At&t increases 5 dollars per old UDP are you going to switch?

• Yes

Votes: 38 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 48.6%

• Total voters

lax28

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2014
New Jersey
I'm so not happy learning about AT&T increasing my unlimited data plan another $5 per month. We just had a $5 per month increase last year! In that first increase AT&T popped off about how this was their first increase in 7 years. Apparently now it's every year! I've had AT&T for a very long time, but now I think it's time to find another carrier.

I agree, I for one have decided against T-Mobile for me personally, but will be giving up on my old UDP and moving to the family plan unlimited option. I don't get as much of a discount on that plan, and if I leave Directv I will lose it but at this point it will be cheaper overall. Of course cheaper is still way too much, but not much you can do about it.

jasonw3

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2017
It's not clear to me what the difference is between the legacy UDP that I'm on with 3 lines and the "new" UDPs that they began hawking this month. If they throttle me already, what's the real difference?

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
It's not clear to me what the difference is between the legacy UDP that I'm on with 3 lines and the "new" UDPs that they began hawking this month. If they throttle me already, what's the real difference?

I can't speak for your situation, but for my family we look like this:

Me = Grandfathered UDP
Wife = Grandfathered UDP
Kid 1 = $30 3GB dataplan + $10 talk/text
Kid 2 = $30 3GB dataplan + $10 talk/text
Kid 3 = $30 3GB dataplan + $10 talk/text

My AT&T bill was $415 last month. The overages on those 3 dataplans for my teens were routinely adding $90 a month.

So, for us, these new UDP's cut our spending in half, it's going to be $205 a month and no overages. And, as a big bonus, the wife and I finally get hotspot access, we can use our iPhone's to browse the internet at hyperspeed.

Gaining hotspot should be a gamechanger for you. And I'm not sure what talk/text plan you're on but these new UDP's include that so subtract that cost and you may find it saves you some money.

We just pulled the trigger today, dumped the UDP after years of holding on with our dying breaths, completely thrilled, no more anxiety about the kids going over the limit with 10 days left in the month, finally have a fixed budget that we can achieve.

BJ

Reactions: Apple_Robert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.