Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S97Raider

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Alpharetta, GA
Yeah, cancelled my order with AT&T. Went to apple store to order a phone, and what did they have in stock (NOT listed on istocknow), was my phone. 1hr later (had **** to deal with itunes and icloud) and BAM, got it. Done. Woot woot! Good luck everyone else! May the force be with you

----------

Fyi. Apple is still making 128 GB. I ordered mine through Apple last Thursday and was garunteeed a phone in three weeks.

This was after canceling a pending order with ATT dealing with several rude reps the ceo and a gentleman in the appeals office for two months. None of whom could do anything right.

The guy I ordered through at Apple was disgusted with what I was telling him id dealt with and the blame ATT is trying to put on them. He said they're either not ordering enough to cover orders placed or they're sitting on tons of phones.

My vote, is they're sitting on TONS of phones. Black friday is here, watch all the phones suddenly appear in store.

Ladiv87

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
My Ship dates just went from 11/19-12/1 to 12/12-12/19. And I don't believe it for a minute.
Same here ordered 9/22. Went from BO to these same dates just this morning; SG 6+ 128 GB. The whole Black Friday theory is making sense right now (ship dates are two to three weeks from Black Friday, coincidence?). Drive customers to physical stores and sales on accessories, phone lines and other in-store items skyrocket.

hogo

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
so. cal
I ordered the 128gb SG on 9/24. I went to an Att store yesterday to cause havoc but before I could the employee told me someone had just returned two 128gb iPhone 6 pluses in SG and that they were unopened. I quickly claimed one, and they canceled my online next order and applied to my new phone. It's been a ride, one which I do not want to repeat. Carry on men(and women) be strong.

Ladiv87

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
I ordered the 128gb SG on 9/24. I went to an Att store yesterday to cause havoc but before I could the employee told me someone had just returned two 128gb iPhone 6 pluses in SG and that they were unopened. I quickly claimed one, and they canceled my online next order and applied to my new phone. It's been a ride, one which I do not want to repeat. Carry on men(and women) be strong.

CONGRATS! The (extremely rude) Att employees at my local store claim they've never received any 6+'s. I walk in at least once a week to check in. Perhaps, by some miracle, they'll have one in stock today. Marching in there right after work #!

arbreek

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
SE FL
Well, this morning I got new shipping dates...12-12 - 12-19....wonder if they will make these.

Ordered 6+ SG 128 9-23. Original shipping dates 10-31 - 11-11. Went to back order last day of original shipping dates.

Tivory

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Based on others' results, that is pretty standard. The 877# updates first, then, usually in 12 hours, the website updates. And usually you get a tracking number around 24 hours after it starts processing. I would still check the website and 877# and your email.

Congratulations!:eek: I just hope this means that more 128GBs will be shipping soon!

Going on day three still processing when I call 877 and no change online. I'm so frustrated.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, this morning I got new shipping dates...12-12 - 12-19....wonder if they will make these.

Ordered 6+ SG 128 9-23. Original shipping dates 10-31 - 11-11. Went to back order last day of original shipping dates.

I'm not dumb enough to believe anything AT&T says. I will be stunned if they actually deliver within the new windows.

Ladiv87

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
The Att store near Wall Street has a 128 GB 6 plus available in gold. The customer rep offered to cancel my order so I could walk out with the iphone today. I was tempted but I'd rather hold out for the space grey which is supposedly shipping mid December; close to three months from order date #

jpur

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
My 64 GB SG 6+ OD: 9/24 still is says backordered. Guess only 128GB phones got "new" shipping windows. I'm not sure if this is better or worse...

posnera

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
I placed 5 orders through Premiere for my business account over the phone on 9/19. I never got email confirmation and the order numbers I was given over the phone are not active on the website.
If it weren't for the fact that two of the five phones were delivered 1-2 weeks ago (6+/64/gold and 6+/128/SG) I would assume that my order was never processed.
The lack of information is infuriating.

Oh, and the 64 Gold 6+ was supposed to be a 6, but he seems happy with the larger size.

FidoMcCokfiend

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
"The estimated shipping date range for this item has changed from 10/30/14 - 11/10/14 to 12/12/14 - 12/19/14."

Yawn. Again, there's no way I buy this new date at all. And, as someone else stated, this simply adds more fuel to the belief they are hoarding phones for Black Friday.

Splisks

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I too ordered 9/22 (128 SG+) having went from 10/30-11/10 to back ordered to now 12/12-12/19. I am thinking of maybe downgrading to the 64gb model just because those seem to be shipping now.

Freaking almost a quarter of a year of AT$T lying, misinformational expectations.. I sent an email to Tim Cook, even though he probably would never see nor hear know about.. but whatever.. what else could I do at this point aside from just be 100% irrate..

Edit Update: I got off the phone with the local Apple store and they checked my account. I am able to upgrade my business phone with them, so today I am officially cancelling my 128 model order and picking up a new currently in-stock 64 model at the Apple store itself. Even if the 128 ships tomorrow, my money goes to Apple at this point.

Edit Update 2: I just got home from my Apple store. I walked in, they grabbed an instock 64gb space gray plus model and brought it right out. I then called AT$T and cancelled my 128gb model order right there. I walked out with my shiney new 64gb space grey and a bad taste in my mouth for AT$T. Never again am I ever ordering with them, Apple store from here on out. Good luck to everyone else staying with hope.

Last edited:

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I checked my status - still the same ship window, 11/9-11/27. Still in backorder hell. I'm going to go carrier shopping tomorrow. T-Mobile seems to have plans that would suit my needs (and for less $$$). Might just cancel my order and switch sooner. Of course that will mean ordering from :apple:

z24561

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2005
HI
My Ship dates just went from 11/19-12/1 to 12/12-12/19. And I don't believe it for a minute.

Got the same email of change of shipping dates only it was less than 2 hours ago! I just loved how I got it AFTER talking to CSR. But apparently it had nothing to do with that - maybe it had something to do with the posts I made on their support website about how backorders are not honored in a FCFS'd way (First-Come First-Served).

-------------------------------------------

Where are you? Can one of us get that last one?

My 64 GB SG 6+ OD: 9/24 still is says backordered. Guess only 128GB phones got "new" shipping windows. I'm not sure if this is better or worse...

Have you called a CSR or gone to a Corporate AT&T store? They MIGHT be able to check on it. Of course the CSR that I talked to said I should already have my phone....

I placed 5 orders through Premiere for my business account over the phone on 9/19. I never got email confirmation and the order numbers I was given over the phone are not active on the website.
If it weren't for the fact that two of the five phones were delivered 1-2 weeks ago (6+/64/gold and 6+/128/SG) I would assume that my order was never processed.
The lack of information is infuriating.

Oh, and the 64 Gold 6+ was supposed to be a 6, but he seems happy with the larger size.

So, you ordered the elusive device the majority of us are still waiting on, only on 9/19... I guess that means that AT&T got all their pre-orders out asap, and only now are completing the orders made after the phone was physically released.

So, good news everyone: It only takes about 2-4 weeks for AT&T to process a single days worth of 6+ 128GB SG phones!

Last edited:

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Got the same email of change of shipping dates only it was less than 2 hours ago! I just loved how I got it AFTER talking to CSR. But apparently it had nothing to do with that - maybe it had something to do with the posts I made on their support website about how backorders are not honored in a FCFS'd way (First-Come First-Served).

Where are you? Can one of us get that last one?

Have you called a CSR or gone to a Corporate AT&T store? They MIGHT be able to check on it. Of course the CSR that I talked to said I should already have my phone....

My brother got the email about December shipment. Hah. The phone I JUST ordered from Apple has the same dates if not sooner.

Orangechipper

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2014
Follow the money

So.... I still blame apple for most of this issue...

Why? If att sells a phone for 299. They are not buying it for 299. they are in it for a profit. Besides. walmart sells it for 279. Walmart isn't selling it at a loss.

So i'm guessing that at a MAXIMUM.... the phone they sell for 299 they buy from apple for 249. Well... Apple sells it for 299 to the public.

So you are apple. You have a phone ready.... do you send it to ATT or TMOBILE or SPRINT for 249... or do you send it to your apple stores and sell them for 299? Multiply that by millions of phones. Apple is in it for apple. Every phone they prefill to att or tmobile is 50 dollars OUT of their own pocket.(minimum) If they make a thousand every day like they claim.... Are they gonna throw away 50 thousand dollars daily?? Their stockholders would be screaming!!!

This is why they are trickling the inventory to the carriers but pouring the inventory to their own stores.

Follow the money. Apple will prioritize what makes them the most money. Right now... that means fulfilling their own orders at 299 instead of to a carrier at the discounted carrier rate.

Follow the money.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I just had a chat with an AT&T CS agent. Those new shipping dates have virtually no meaning. If you believe you will receive your phone within those dates you are a fool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.