Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Yeah I was thinking about that too, wait for the wifi problem to be solved... Maybe they are still busy fixing the wifi problem and the screen flickering thing when running photoshop so the bts promo is not ready to be launched?

No, then Apple would have shipped a product knowing it had problems.

BTS in previous years came the day after WWDC.

BTS and current MBA Wi-Fi issues are completely separate. Plus its not widespread and seems to be a software issue.

DragoniteD

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
For everyone that is buying the new MBA and wanting the back to school deal, I say you wait. I just bought my MBA from bestbuy, the 4gb/128 storage and with their college deal it came out to $999 (and they just took $5 more off so it would come to $995), whereas apple was selling it for $1049 including the education discount. Since I was saving $50 and figured I dont really need the speculated giftcard or ipad mini I just decided to buy it. The laptop was absolutely terrible. It disconnected every 2 minutes from wi-fi and after research I realized the issue is widespread. After spending an hour on the phone with applecare the guy said that it was possible that it was a hardware issue and to go back to best buy and get a new one. This 2nd MBA is having the same issue, just not as often. This computer would be so great if it worked properly. I'm considering returning it, but think I will wait out the 14 days to see if thye fix the issue. Don't waste your time with the new MBA, just wait it out until they fix all the bugs and you can possibly collect on the BTS.

where is the link for student price on Bestbuy? thx

karlie

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2012
Looks like its safe to buy a macbook now!

----------

You have to go to best buys website and sign up for student discount through your school email.

Last edited:

antjefferson

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Is the BTS promo only available to students? Or is it anyone that qualifies for an educational discount? I work for a school district, so I get the ed discount...do I also qualify for the BTS promo?

thepoynt

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
United States
Apple does seem to be particularly fond of Tuesdays, so that would make sense...

Now, if there can just be a rMBP refresh before the sale finishes!

handlemyhansen

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2013
Should have waited a little longer, just ordered my MBA last night. Hopefully customer service will still give me the gift card

joshtheburrito

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010

cabster2

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
Umm... trying to steal my post:p

Just kidding, but it has already been posted.

Haha I saw all the updated posts after I posted that, sorry! :p Must be related to the terrible wi-fi issues im dealing with on this MBA :rolleyes:

----------

You have to go on their main page and scroll down to where it says this weeks deals and it has "college offers," enter a .edu email address and it sends you $100 coupon. I wasn't planning on spending money at the app store anyway so I guess I might as well keep the $50 difference in price. Sigh dont know what to do :(

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
FINALLY!

I was JUST about to order my new MBA11!!! I even have wallet in hand ready to order. Just thought I'd check back here one last time - how lucky was that! Lol

Jordo!

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
United States
Does anyone think they would surprise us all and give out iPad minis instead of the gift card just to get rid of inventory for the next edition???

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
I have heard from a source within Apple that the BTS sale starts tomorrow, and that all stores will be redecorated tonight. I wonder if 9to5 and I share the same person :p

RustDude

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
The time has come...

If Mark is right, like usually, I will be getting my rMBP this week! YEAH!!!!

MagicHead007

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
Guys I am so excited that this BTS will start soon. Could any of you give me insight on which MacBook Pro I should get? Are the retinas any better than the regular?

Jordo!

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
United States
Guys I am so excited that this BTS will start soon. Could any of you give me insight on which MacBook Pro I should get? Are the retinas any better than the regular?

Retina display is obviously going to look flat out awesome the pixels are amazing! But as you know that comes at a price. The retina display does have an HDMI port so that's also a plus. The downside is in order to get the same memory you get in a pro you have o pay $1,000 more and there is NO DVD drive I'm not sure how important that is to you. I am personally just going with a normal 15 inch MBP because that's what I'll need for the work I'll be doing!

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
Good news, then. ^^ I've already ordered my MacBook and it's due to arrive tomorrow.

Assuming the BTS offer starts tomorrow, I'll get in contact with Apple and enquire about claiming the gift card without having to send back my MacBook, and let you guys know how it goes.

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Retina display is obviously going to look flat out awesome the pixels are amazing! But as you know that comes at a price. The retina display does have an HDMI port so that's also a plus. The downside is in order to get the same memory you get in a pro you have o pay $1,000 more and there is NO DVD drive I'm not sure how important that is to you. I am personally just going with a normal 15 inch MBP because that's what I'll need for the work I'll be doing!

And might I add that a fair amount of internet content looks subpar on the retina display. The text will be sharp, but most images will not. For an everyday user, I think getting a Macbook Air is a wiser choice due to the battery life and price. If you don't need the portability, get a refurb Macbook Pro with a higher resolution screen and SSD (aftermarket).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.