Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilverOath

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2013
Hey I just found this on another website. http://9to5mac.com/2013/07/01/apple-likely-to-kickoff-back-to-school-promo-this-week-100-gift-cards-with-macs-50-cards-with-ipadiphone/

States BTS will start as early as tomorrow with the $100 giftcard and $50 giftcard for iphone/ipad purchase. I'm really considering returning my MBA to bestbuy now.

Best Buy is 100 off their normal sale price. It's better than a 100 gift card that you may never get around using or selling at a heavy discount. CL was so flooded with GC's last year I was able to pick up 100 GCs for 50 per.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Best Buy is 100 off their normal sale price. It's better than a 100 gift card that you may never get around using or selling at a heavy discount. CL was so flooded with GC's last year I was able to pick up 100 GCs for 50 per.

Yes, best buy does seem like a good option in the states. In UK it's a no brainer to get the HE-Agreement education pricing with the free card though. It's a brilliant gift if you don't necessarily need it yourself.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
From what I remember last year, several Best Buy stores matched the EDU price (Up to $200 off retail depending on the device) + $100 Best Buy gift card to substitute for the iTunes/App store card.

Chr1s-h

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
It's now live on the UK site... £70 app store gift card with a MBA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 170

istarfly3r

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2009
Its nice to have the BTS sales back again... too bad, there is no refresh of rMbp.

Not sure what to do now.. should i wait or purchase the current rmbp? Dilemma....sigh.....

AppleChampagne

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Its nice to have the BTS sales back again... too bad, there is no refresh of rMbp.

Not sure what to do now.. should i wait or purchase the current rmbp? Dilemma....sigh.....

Just unloaded on a 15" pro base model boosted to 2.7ghz and 16gb ram... Educational purchases online also entitle us to 3 years hardware support for free dude;) Nice £70 Mac voucher boost also;) BTS rules!

Don't really care for the extra battery life of haswell, I'm like never longer than 7 hours away from a plug;)

If I can impart any advice it would be to max out on the stuff you cannot upgrade later...

:apple:

zirosky

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2012
Just a question, the BTS changed this year, because until last year to get the card you had to add 1€, now it is free, isn't it?

neokao

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2011
US Store BTS is UP. "Buy a Mac for college,
get a $100 App Store Gift Card — and also save with education pricing. Or buy an iPad or iPhone and get a $50 card.*"

Ak95

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
I received my MBA on June 27th with the HE discount so I'm still within my 14 day return period. Just called Apple Support and after confirming my order details and personal details they said I should have a code for the £70 offer within 3 weeks :D

RayK

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Ak beat me to it, but...

Already saw it on Apple.com, ordered last week. Called Apple this morning and they told me they would give it to me since I called and had not received it yet. It would take about 3 weeks to process, but it would be emailed to me.

Just wanted to let everyone know! That was easy!

schlaufox

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2013
Same experience as these guys mostly.

I followed up about the BTS offer online first, however, and that had me worried a little. The assistant said I had been misinformed about being able to claim the gift card after an order was made, but that I should phone Apple up to see if anything could be done.

So I called Apple, and very quickly I was told I would be able to get the gift card without having to return my MacBook. I ordered on 24 Jun, and my MacBook will arrive today. The woman I talked to wasn't sure whether the gift card would be sent via post (mail) or email, but said she'd try and find out and then email me letting me know. Great support.

Edit: The rep I talked to on the phone did indeed email me back, and said to expect the gift card via email within 3-5 weeks.

Last edited:

adairje

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2005
Sugar Land, TX
Bts 2013

Well, my prediction of the free iPad mini was off, but at least they finally offered the BTS with the $100 gift card. The user of this new computer will surely appreciate that!

I still don't quite understand why they waited so long if the promotion was going to be the gift card all along, but I guess all is well that ends well.

Augustine864

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2013
Got it. yay. that much less money to spend. now i just need to stall any appstore purchases.

Last edited:

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
From what I remember last year, several Best Buy stores matched the EDU price (Up to $200 off retail depending on the device) + $100 Best Buy gift card to substitute for the iTunes/App store card.

way better offer by best buy but remember you don't get student discount. I rather just buy it on amazon and pay no tax or drive to New Hampshire and pay no tax. Save more money and I never use the itunes gift cards I have like 170 to their store. Stupid Apple wouldn't let me use that money to pay for itunes Match

cookies!

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Waiting for my new credit card in the mail to arrive so I can buy my MBA and receive the $100 rewards bonus on it alongside the education sale!

Shabby173

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Apple B2S is a better deal

I don't know what the tax is for you guys but for me amazon is only $5 cheaper and with apple I get a $100 gift card.

applegirl22

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Colorado
I ordered my MBP on June 24th and when chatted with them today they told me to call. When I called I was eligible to for the card, which is awesome. I think its because I ordered mine through the higher ed, and it also seems that you have to call to receive the promotion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.