Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
It looks easily savable. Pull it back with a paper clip trying to avoid touching the adhesive. Heat first and then reapply. Once applied heat again and start smoothing down the edges.

Here is the install Video for reference - http://youtu.be/GTeuBUqjapc

Weston
Slickwraps

I got it better, not great, but better. Now though, probably from me touching them too much a couple of the corners or the corners don't stay down:(. After seeing how good yours came out, I may have to reorder and try again.

I'm worried though, I have a proclips mount on order and that says no skins. I hate to get a perfect install of then it won't fit in the Proclip mount. But I like the look so much I might have to stick with my universal car mount and keep the Slickwraps of that's the case.

trp3383

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Here's the black onyx I got in the mail today. Thanks again Weston ;)

DSC01578.JPG

DSC01579.JPG

DSC01580.JPG

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
I got it better, not great, but better. Now though, probably from me touching them too much a couple of the corners or the corners don't stay down:(. After seeing how good yours came out, I may have to reorder and try again.

I'm worried though, I have a proclips mount on order and that says no skins. I hate to get a perfect install of then it won't fit in the Proclip mount. But I like the look so much I might have to stick with my universal car mount and keep the Slickwraps of that's the case.

We have a GOOF policy. Simply reach out to us and we'll take care of the replacement.

It will not work with the Proclip, it's an extremely tight fit. :( Would recommend their Proclip case.

Note to everyone: I'm leaving town for a couple of days and will be back Tuesday. I'll try to pop in during to answer any questions.

Have a Good Weekend!
Weston

----------

You know....when you can :)

8lTKAcC.jpg

yXVYOQM.gif

Weston
Slickwraps

Last edited:

trp3383

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Thanks man. It took about 20 minutes. There's not a speck of white showing anywhere except the home button which I actually like.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Here's the black onyx I got in the mail today. Thanks again Weston ;)

That looks great, please come do mine:)

We have a GOOF policy. Simply reach out to us and we'll take care of the replacement.

It will not work with the Proclip, it's an extremely tight fit. :( Would recommend their Proclip case.

Note to everyone: I'm leaving town for a couple of days and will be back Tuesday. I'll try to pop in during to answer any questions.

Have a Good Weekend!
Weston

----------

Weston
Slickwraps

Thanks, I hate to do that dance it's my fault, but I'm definitly wanting to retry it. Have a good trip

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009

Have a Good Weekend!
Weston

That is an awesome policy! I ordered today and I emailed you about it, just thought I would let you know on here! Cheers.

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
How are you guys getting such perfect installs on your slickwrap? I wish you could do mine. I did an awful job and tore a tab in the process. :(

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I've been intrigued by the wood cases for a while, but I'm not really a "case guy." Do these improve your grip on the phone at all? I'm considering getting just the back wrap in Maple to go on a Silver/White iPhone 6+.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Got my carbon fiber slickwrap Friday, great quality and customer service! The wrap is cut perfectly to fit the iPhone. First time doing a wrap so I followed there install video and I'm pretty happy with the install. I didn't get the corners exactly perfect but I think there pretty close.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 227

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Got my carbon fiber slickwrap Friday, great quality and customer service! The wrap is cut perfectly to fit the iPhone. First time doing a wrap so I followed there install video and I'm pretty happy with the install. I didn't get the corners exactly perfect but I think there pretty close.

Looks pretty good from here:D.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Totally getting a wood decal for just the back of my 6+, thinking the teak for my space grey. Anyone have pics of just a teak back.

Also any promotion codes floating around? Didn't read through the entire thread to see if there was one.

j0sh77

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2014
Back wraps - Slickwraps vs iCarbons

Got my black fiber installed! Good stuff and talk about some precise cuts.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005

Received mine yesterday just in time before we left for vacation. Installed last night. This thing is awesome and I may have got you some business. A lot of people were asking what this skin was when they saw my iPhone 6 plus.

Edit. Left out install part. went perfect using a hotel blow dyer, multi tasking with the kids running around

nathan3089

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone know if a Urban armour gear case will fit over the Slickwraps skin? I was thinking of getting the Maverick (clear) iPhone case and putting a coloured skin under it.

Also, has anyone got the green carbon skin on their iPhone yet? I am eager to see what it looks like on an actual installation.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Worried about the corners lifting up over time, anyone have any problems yet?

Two days in for me and it's still great. Typically with the Florida heat a skin would've failed or shown signs by now.

Time will tell but I think the biggest factor is the install. If you line up the edges correct and get the sides flat. There is less area to get snagged and such.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
What's the slimmest clear case that will fit over the skin?

Does anyone know if a Urban armour gear case will fit over the Slickwraps skin? I was thinking of getting the Maverick (clear) iPhone case and putting a coloured skin under it.

Also, has anyone got the green carbon skin on their iPhone yet? I am eager to see what it looks like on an actual installation.

We're seeing some awesome photos of the Insignia clear TPU cases when used with Slickwraps.

Also, customers have reported the cases working with SPG clear cases.

Thank you.
Weston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.