Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayricepudding

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
I used the same exact process

I did the install on vacation with a hotel blow dyer and kids running around while getting ready to go out to dinner in about 5 minutes. I was also using the phone and playing my fam in the process. Came out perfect.

Technique was the biggest thing. That's the point of the above. Patience won't matter if the process you're using is wrong.

Line up and lay down main part. Heat corners then apply slowly a finger width at a time. The outer most edges should be the last part you apply. Working in that order it's hard to get wrinkles as you're just following the natural path the skin wants to fall in. Curious on process you used

I used the exact same process, watched installation videos online and read up on it. I actually have done a lot of hand-made invitation work for a family business, which requires a ton of precision and patience. I did things the exact same way as you, taking my time to line up the speaker, lightning and headphone ports on the bottom first, then slowly doing the rest - the issue with my installs hasn't been the sides - they've been perfect. It's the corners. They're wrinkled no matter what I do.

Maybe we just have a different perspective of "perfect."

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Here is my Red Color Collection Outside.

Weston
Slickwraps

3ncxjhX.jpg

mynameiscedric

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
America's Finest City
First of all, I hate all of you who installed perfectly... jk - good stuff.

I got the light carbon fiber, it's awesome - but I think I would have liked something darker. However, it's nice that it keeps the same color scheme of the phone.

Imperfect install doesn't matter since I am keeping it in a Best Buy Insignia Clear Case - great fit and you can still see the carbon fiber.

Thanks SlickWraps. Woop.

Attachments

• IMG_5116.JPG
    IMG_5116.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5110.JPG
    IMG_5110.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_5114.JPG
    IMG_5114.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 181

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007

I got the light carbon fiber, it's awesome - but I think I would have liked something darker. However, it's nice that it keeps the same color scheme of the phone.

Imperfect install doesn't matter since I am keeping it in a Best Buy Insignia Clear Case - great fit and you can still see the carbon fiber.

Thanks SlickWraps. Woop.

do the Antenna Bands show through or is that a bump? seems like a line there. is the wrap translucent?

nkawal

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
Those look so good. I tried re-doing my ebony gold flake and tore one of the edges/flaps on the bottom.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
That looks good. Is it applied in 3 different pieces? Do you anticipate lifting issues on those broad exposed edges along the antenna bands?

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
That looks good. Is it applied in 3 different pieces? Do you anticipate lifting issues on those broad exposed edges along the antenna bands?

Yes, 3 different pieces.

Short answer, no.

We've been doing this version for the iPhone 5 and HTC One M7 & M8 for some time no issues.

Weston
Slickwraps

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
Yes, 3 different pieces.

Short answer, no.

We've been doing this version for the iPhone 5 and HTC One M7 & M8 for some time no issues.

Weston
Slickwraps

Hi Weston.

Ive contacted you via email about my iPad order i placed and also my replacement wrap for my iPhone 6 but didn't get a reply so not sure if you received it or not?

Just wondering if it had shipped yet as you asked if it was ok to hold it till Tuesday which i didn't mind at all but my tracking details are still showing that its not been collected by USPS.

Thanks.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Hi Weston.

Ive contacted you via email about my iPad order i placed and also my replacement wrap for my iPhone 6 but didn't get a reply so not sure if you received it or not?

Just wondering if it had shipped yet as you asked if it was ok to hold it till Tuesday which i didn't mind at all but my tracking details are still showing that its not been collected by USPS.

Thanks.

Hey Mike,

Replied yesterday. Sorry you didn't receive.

Your order shipped out yesterday along with some goodies and 3 different style logos as requested.

Have a Good Weekend!
Weston
Slickwraps

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Those look so good. I tried re-doing my ebony gold flake and tore one of the edges/flaps on the bottom.

I just replied.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Thanks SlickWraps. Woop.

Looks Awesome!

The Insignia seems to be everyone's favorite.

Weston
Slickwraps

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I just replied.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Looks Awesome!

The Insignia seems to be everyone's favorite.

Weston
Slickwraps

Got my replacement today, very quick again. Going to take my time and hopefully I'll get it perfect this time:D.

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
hi weston,

Is there anyway I can order a 6+ back without the apple logo cutout? If it is possible, how do I go about doing that?

Also, I don't understand why a lot of these accessory companies only post renders of their products. Is there a reason for that? I understand that lighting takes a big part in how the product is portrayed, but I think real life macro shots are far better in demonstrating your product, which is clearly best in class with regard to skin wraps.

thanks, please let me know how to order a 6+ back without a cutout.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I agree that the real photos are much more useful in telling what the product will look like. The renders look slick, but somehow unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.