Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidG328

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So now its beatsrumors too? I think its getting to be that time where I start going to a different site, this one has turned into a running joke with no real news. No mention on this site of the Apple devices being taken for ransom via "Find my iPhone", I guess thats too much of a real story when we can gossip about crappy headphones.

Can't please everyone.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I don't know what people's problem with Beats is, I own a pair of the Solo HD's and they are brilliant, very durable and the sound is great. Yea they are bass heavy but they also work great with other types of music, I listen to all different types of music and I love Beats.

I would love to hear a Dvorak Symphony #9 using the Beats Solo HD's. ;)

xionxiox

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Hell
Hmmm. The timing of this release seems like a strategic alignment with the acquisition becoming official. Doubt Apple engineers had anything to do with this model, but wouldn't be shocked if the release is aimed to target listeners of genres where bass is less emphasized.

Forget pleasing the audiophiles though. They hate everything.

PS -

Sennheiser = German
Bang & Olufsen = Danish
Bowers & Wilkins = English
Spotify = Swedish

Apple = American
Beats = American

Perhaps that played a role as well for Apple.

Most logical comment I've read since the rumors first began.

OtherJesus

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Bay Area, California
In this thread: people who have never owned a Beats product claiming to be audio professionals who claim that Beats are crap and that all other headphones are tuned flat and only Beats processes the sound in any way.

Keep it up. I'm loving it.

Sigma4Life

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
Texas
It's fascinating how haters complain about Beats having too much bass. Now they release a new product with less bass and without even trying the new headphones haters STILL complain. Pathetic.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
It's fascinating how haters complain about Beats having too much bass. Now they release a new product with less bass and without even trying the new headphones haters STILL complain. Pathetic.

Haters gonna hate!

(And now I will expand and say that I am just summarizing your comment and agreeing 100% with you. In other words, no matter what they did, people will still not be pleased.
I felt the need to add this explanation because the last time I said "haters gonna hate" I got PM'ed and warned by mods for name calling!)

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
I've used my brother's Beats, and I'm pretty confident that people criticize Beats because they are significantly overpriced. If I could get them for $120-$140 it would be a different story, but at $200 they should really sound better.

So consider it $140 for the audio quality, $60 for the style. If you don't care about the style, there's plenty of other headphone companies that will give you a better sound for $200.

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
Finally ... a website I can get my Apple rumours AND my Beats rumours into a single point of access.
No more the inconvenience of checking two addresses to find out both .. its here .. its now .. its MacBeatRumors.com for me every time from now on.

When anyone asks me the common question "What are Apple doing in relation to Dr. Dre at the moment?" I can confidently reply without the embarrassing hesitation of swapping between sites .. its here .. its now .. its... MacBeatRumors ... at last .. a victory for common sense!

:rolleyes:

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Jaybird Bluebuds X

Superb sound quality, bluetooth, and you don't look like a tool wearing them.

People say Apple users look like tools too, so can we stop judging people on how they spend their money?

(Also, the Jaybirds are pretty awesome).

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
Finally ... a website I can get my Apple rumours AND my Beats rumours into a single point of access.
No more the inconvenience of checking two addresses to find out both .. its here .. its now .. its MacBeatRumors.com for me every time from now on.

When anyone asks me the common question "What are Apple doing in relation to Dr. Dre at the moment?" I can confidently reply without the embarrassing hesitation of swapping between sites .. its here .. its now .. its... MacBeatRumors ... at last .. a victory for common sense!

:rolleyes:
You did read that Apple bought Beats, and are now under one company right? So what this billion dollar revenue headphone division does, affects Apple's bottom line, their earnings reports starting next year? I don't see what the problem is. This site always reports of a new product out of Apple. It is just strange because this is the first time they don't swallow the brand, and instead keep it separate.
Heck, this site will report new products/acquisitions that come from Samsung, and Google. So why not this today?

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
People haven't actually used Beats they are just pilling on because subconsciously its a way for them to hate minorities without being direct about it. If Dr. Dre had no involvement with these head phones people would be talking about how great they are because of all the bass.

The tech world has become more overt in it's racist undertones. That's largely because black people have not been involved in the tech revolution as much as other minorities have.

Hmm no. Beats are actually pretty bad.

I've used tons of IEMS, full sized headphones from a wide range of brands and they all blow away the beats for the price. I've got a pair of Phillips full sized headphones that sound infinitely better than any full sized beats cans at a fraction of the price.

It has nothing to do with Dr Dre being a minority. You kidding? Beats have an obscene amount of bass and nothing else. Makes everything sound bloated. The highs aren't there. Soundstage and layering are nonexistent.

If beats sold at a reasonable price, it would make more sense. But for the obscene price you pay, you're getting a name brand. That's all.

Besides Beats is nothing more than a business strong armed from Monster. You should read about it on Rolling Stone. Monster actually makes decent earphones.

xionxiox

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Hell
People haven't actually used Beats they are just pilling on because subconsciously its a way for them to hate minorities without being direct about it. If Dr. Dre had no involvement with these head phones people would be talking about how great they are because of all the bass.

The tech world has become more overt in it's racist undertones. That's largely because black people have not been involved in the tech revolution as much as other minorities have.

Thumbs up.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States

Firstly, I'm confident enough to speak for most that you're completely wrong in your theory. For my own personal choices I don't care to buy any Celebrity-endorsed products because they are generally overpriced and will lack quality. Most of the money spent goes towards the celebrity, box and packaging. The customer gets all WOW'd up looking at such beautiful packaging only to be let down after seeing how poor the quality of the actual product inside is.

This has nothing to do with Dr. Dre, Rap music or any of the like. Maybe you haven't been checking out the Apple Store or Best Buy's headphone section and seeing ALL, not some, but ALL of the Beats headphones headbands cracked in half. They break easily. Dre charges $299 for the Beats Studio's. They feel clunky, cheap and the plastic snaps and breaks.

ALL, not some, but ALL of the Beats headphones use vinyl covered ear cups, especially their flagship Beats Pro which sells for $399-$449 which is INSANE especially when you can spend $399 and get a great pair of Bowers & Wilkins P7's which are made of all metal that's near impossible to break and along with sheep's leather on the ear cups and headband. Along with that the B&W P7's have tight bass and excellent highs and can be used for symphony music as well as every other genre including hip hop.
B&W uses straight forward packaging and offers an amazing all-leather case and great accessories. With B&W you're paying for the product, not the packaging with a celebrity's face on it.

People do not have to own the Beats to know they are junk. And I'm sure many people that shopped for headphones took the time to listen to them. While they are overly bass heavy and not the best sounding, the biggest problem with Beats is they are just plain overpriced. For the $400 Beats, you're paying more than $300 too much.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Would love to give these a listen. Beats makes stylish headphones, but I have never found them comfortable, and they are obviously more "bassy" than other sets. My Bose QC15's are comfortable as heck, sound pretty good, but ugly as sin. I'm sure the Beats brand (by Apple) will eventually nail all 3 of these.

As a side note, the first 3 pages of every new article seem to be a cesspool of ignorance and stupidity.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
To MR Editors: Esp. since Beats will remain as a separate entity how about creating a separate Beats Blog & not clutter up the main page with new Beats headphone products unless it's groundbreaking. It just seems more as PR/free promotion than actual news or even interesting rumor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.