Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
Well mine initially stopped working - so unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again.

Now it works ...BUT...during the night it will power off an on again - causing the iPhone to make the "cuh-dunk" noise it makes when the phone is put on the charger! So now it waking me up several times a night - which is annoying.

Reactions: Jenicekk69

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
don't trust Belkin chargers anymore. looking for a reliable 3-in-1 charger w fast apple watch charging that is portable

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Received replacements for two of my affected non-fast watch charger units but one arrived with a broken/loose center post 🙃

JonYo

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2004
SF Bay area, CA
Ughhhh. Mine's the older one, and it did this with my iPhone 12 going back a long way, but I thought it was something with my phone until reading this thread just now. Now I've got a iPhone 15, same thing, and so I read this thread, dig up my receipt and it looks like I'm about 2 weeks out of the 2 year warranty on the Belkin thing. Weak. According to the battery graph in the phone, my periods of no charing appear to be mostly quite short, but the problem is when it restarts charging, the phone gives the medium loud-ish MagSafe connection BONG noise which sometimes wakes me up. I've had it with this thing, I don't even want a replacement since I won't trust it. I think I'll get something simple that uses the apple-made puck that In can hopefully trust, maybe this thing:

I just want something that holds it up in horizontal position up off my nightstand surface and charges it. I'll figure out something else for my Apple Watch and AirPods since I don't know if any of these other no-name brand (or close to it) 3-in-1 things are going to be any better.

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
Its strange with all their research money they never kept working on this.
They also recently discontinued their own portable MagSafe 2-in-1 charger. I have that and use it all the time, so if it breaks, out of luck. Hoping they revive it and do the 3-in-1 that the other third parties are making.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Ughhhh. Mine's the older one, and it did this with my iPhone 12 going back a long way, but I thought it was something with my phone until reading this thread just now. Now I've got a iPhone 15, same thing, and so I read this thread, dig up my receipt and it looks like I'm about 2 weeks out of the 2 year warranty on the Belkin thing. Weak. According to the battery graph in the phone, my periods of no charing appear to be mostly quite short, but the problem is when it restarts charging, the phone gives the medium loud-ish MagSafe connection BONG noise which sometimes wakes me up. I've had it with this thing, I don't even want a replacement since I won't trust it. I think I'll get something simple that uses the apple-made puck that In can hopefully trust, maybe this thing:

I just want something that holds it up in horizontal position up off my nightstand surface and charges it. I'll figure out something else for my Apple Watch and AirPods since I don't know if any of these other no-name brand (or close to it) 3-in-1 things are going to be any better.
I am waiting on the new Anker one that is supposedly "Coming Soon". Its design is very similar to the Belkin. I don't like Anker's current one that look like a cube. I will wait for impartial reviews before diving in but here is hoping.

mici

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2021
I am waiting on the new Anker one that is supposedly "Coming Soon". Its design is very similar to the Belkin. I don't like Anker's current one that look like a cube. I will wait for impartial reviews before diving in but here is hoping.
do you have a link to this new product?

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
do you have a link to this new product?
It was an article here on MacRumors back in August. It's called the Anker MagGo Qi2.
Scroll all the way down the page to see it.
I don't know why it won't let me attach the article but it's titled -

Anker Unveils Updated USB-C Nano and MagGo Qi2 Charging Accessories​

Do a search for it here on MR

Attachments

• anker-maggo-qi2-accessories.jpg
    anker-maggo-qi2-accessories.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 55

tijnski

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2023
Since my 2021 model wasn’t eligible for replacement anymore, I decided to ‘reset‘ the charger on a daily base by turning of it’s power during daytime via home automation. A bit of a hack .. but still makes the $150 charger usable and reliable.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Has anyone checked to see if this is fixed in iOS 17.1?

If this broke on the Apple side it is possible that the new phone OS resolved the problem.

I had to jump through some serious hoops to get Belkin to replace mine, including sending the old one back in.... then calling them when a couple of weeks went by and they had not confirmed the replacement.

I still haven't received the new one but based on everything I'm reading it is unlikely a new one will resolve things.

cwagz

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2015
Salt Lake City, UT
Please let us know when you get your replacement, and then if it works for a month or so. I think most people have returned/abandoned these at this point. I am curious if they do end up fixing this.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I have mine plugged into a surge protector, and have never had a problem. I had the first generation model and upgraded to the second generation, and both have been perfect. Just a thought.

DrMotownMac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan
I contacted Belkin re: this issue and they said I could return my device and they would replace it. So, they sent me a UPS shipping label and complete instructions on how to return the 3-in-1 Charging Stand, and I shipped it back on 10/04/2023. I followed the tracking number, and it was received the next day (on 10/05/2023) in El Segundo, California. The original email from them said I should receive a replacement device within 5-10 business days. As of today, it has been 17 business days, and I haven't received a thing. No email confirmation that they got my old product, no new product, not even an email or phone call explaining why they won't exchange my old product for a new one.

So, HERE is the reason, in a nutshell, why I won't buy anything from Belkin again. This company is TERRIBLE. If it was too late for me to return my charging stand, they should have told me that when they emailed me, rather than give me a UPS shipping label. I sent them a copy of my original receipt from the Apple Store and answered a whole page of questions about what the problem was with my original product. In response to that, they sent me instructions on how to return it and a PAID shipping label! And this is the customer service I get from them?

Needless to say, I did just email them today asking for an update, and I included a copy of my UPS tracking receipt, to show that I can see they received it on October 5th. I'll be very curious to see if they respond, and if so, how. But going forward, I will be buying from other 3rd party companies going forward. Anker has NEVER given me any problems. And neither has Apple (of course). Also, I have bought some chargers and cables from UGREEN, and they have been great as well. Finally, I would like to add that Amazon, in spite of all of its problems being such a large, impersonal company, they have ALWAYS honored their return policies and they have never given me any push back.

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
I contacted Belkin re: this issue and they said I could return my device and they would replace it. So, they sent me a UPS shipping label and complete instructions on how to return the 3-in-1 Charging Stand, and I shipped it back on 10/04/2023. I followed the tracking number, and it was received the next day (on 10/05/2023) in El Segundo, California. The original email from them said I should receive a replacement device within 5-10 business days. As of today, it has been 17 business days, and I haven't received a thing. No email confirmation that they got my old product, no new product, not even an email or phone call explaining why they won't exchange my old product for a new one.

So, HERE is the reason, in a nutshell, why I won't buy anything from Belkin again. This company is TERRIBLE. If it was too late for me to return my charging stand, they should have told me that when they emailed me, rather than give me a UPS shipping label. I sent them a copy of my original receipt from the Apple Store and answered a whole page of questions about what the problem was with my original product. In response to that, they sent me instructions on how to return it and a PAID shipping label! And this is the customer service I get from them?

Needless to say, I did just email them today asking for an update, and I included a copy of my UPS tracking receipt, to show that I can see they received it on October 5th. I'll be very curious to see if they respond, and if so, how. But going forward, I will be buying from other 3rd party companies going forward. Anker has NEVER given me any problems. And neither has Apple (of course). Also, I have bought some chargers and cables from UGREEN, and they have been great as well. Finally, I would like to add that Amazon, in spite of all of its problems being such a large, impersonal company, they have ALWAYS honored their return policies and they have never given me any push back.
I'll second your comment that Belkin is TERRIBLE. Last year I went back and forth with them for a month over a refund on a defective Wemo doorbell. I finally reported the charge as fraud to Chase and they took it off of my account. Never again.

Reactions: DrMotownMac

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007

I ran into the same problem, they received the shipped back product but there was no further contact. They even sent me a customer service survey asking how they did on the RMA even though I never got a replacement product.

After trying chat a couple of times and being lied to and told someone would get back to me with status (they never did) a chat rep told me I had to call in.

So I called them, and after I read the tracking number back to them (they issued the shipping label but can't look up the tracking number??) the rep finally acknowledged they had received the item and she would "release the hold" to have the replacement sent to me.

That was a few days ago and she said it would take another 5-10 days to actually get it.

I agree that their CS is abysmal. On the other hand, I haven't found a good alternative product that offers fast charging of both my phone and watch as well as my AirPods.

I'll use the replacement till it flakes out again and then have to figure something else out.

To make things even worse, my wife just got a new iPhone and her first Apple Watch, saw that I had the Belkin charger for mine, and ordered herself one that showed up a few days ago. She hadn't even asked me what was going on with mine.

DrMotownMac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan
I ran into the same problem, they received the shipped back product but there was no further contact. They even sent me a customer service survey asking how they did on the RMA even though I never got a replacement product.

After trying chat a couple of times and being lied to and told someone would get back to me with status (they never did) a chat rep told me I had to call in.

So I called them, and after I read the tracking number back to them (they issued the shipping label but can't look up the tracking number??) the rep finally acknowledged they had received the item and she would "release the hold" to have the replacement sent to me.

That was a few days ago and she said it would take another 5-10 days to actually get it.

I agree that their CS is abysmal. On the other hand, I haven't found a good alternative product that offers fast charging of both my phone and watch as well as my AirPods.

I'll use the replacement till it flakes out again and then have to figure something else out.

To make things even worse, my wife just got a new iPhone and her first Apple Watch, saw that I had the Belkin charger for mine, and ordered herself one that showed up a few days ago. She hadn't even asked me what was going on with mine.
Oh my god. This story just made my stomach turn. These guys are con artists and they have no intention to replace our charging stands. Well, I guess the best thing people like us can do is give our honest opinions on social media and then let the public judge for themselves.

Reactions: DotCom2

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
Oh my god. This story just made my stomach turn. These guys are con artists and they have no intention to replace our charging stands. Well, I guess the best thing people like us can do is give our honest opinions on social media and then let the public judge for themselves.
They must be getting hammered with replacement requests. A couple of months ago they just sent me a replacement and told me to toss the old one.

They did do what they promised me. They were slow about it, but the replacement did come.

Reactions: DrMotownMac

shootertwist14

macrumors member
May 2, 2016
Since my 2021 model wasn’t eligible for replacement anymore, I decided to ‘reset‘ the charger on a daily base by turning of it’s power during daytime via home automation. A bit of a hack .. but still makes the $150 charger usable and reliable.
I tried this but for some reason, it only surely works when the plug connected to the base is removed and plugged back in. I could make it work similar to the one you did, but it wasnt 100% accurate to the point that i stopped using it, as a charger i expected it to work whenever i need to…

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I got my replacement 3 in 1 Pro desktop charger about 10 days ago and the FW version has stayed on version 267.

The one my wife bought from Amazon is running 275.

I do now believe this is a firmware bug between the iOS version and the version of FW on the charging puck, which I believe is managed by Apple.

erbz

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
I've been on 277 for about a week and so far I haven't had charging issues. Not sure if luck or if they solved the issue

erbz

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
When was this released? My original and my replacement are both still running 275 ... Is it possible to force a firmware update?
I wasn't able to find any official data on the firmware, but I got it sometime between Nov 10th and Nov 12th. Given the window I was unfortunately not aware what steps were taken to get the update beyond having my device on the charger.

But in good news I haven't had any charging issues since the update.

rubikwizard

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2023
I wasn't able to find any official data on the firmware, but I got it sometime between Nov 10th and Nov 12th. Given the window I was unfortunately not aware what steps were taken to get the update beyond having my device on the charger.

But in good news I haven't had any charging issues since the update.

Thank you. My replacement has now updated but my original is still on 275 ... Hopefully will update soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.