Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
no one, i mean NO ONE is cooler than ben folds. well maybe lenny kravitz, but that's it. listen to Underground or Narcolepsy. He has such a great sense of humor.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by rugby
Why not have some Playboy Playmates saying how much they love to get naked for guys who own Macs?

Macs already have enough silicon.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by Nipsy
Macs already have enough silicon.
That would've been a good one, except the stuff in breast implants is silicone, and silicone hasn't been used in breast implants in a decade. They're all saline now. I don't know how I knew that. B+ for effort, though. :)

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by sparkleytone
no one, i mean NO ONE is cooler than ben folds. well maybe lenny kravitz, but that's it. listen to Underground or Narcolepsy. He has such a great sense of humor.
Lenny Kravitz what you get when you take Jimi Hendrix and subtract the technical guitar skills and musical ability. He needs to get out of the '70s and stop wearing ****ing sunglasses indoors.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by alex_ant

- The Power Mac, with the Crocodile Hunter ("WWWWOW! Looka the SIZE a THAT ONE!! Isn't SHE a BEAUTY!!")

- The PowerBook, with Carrot Top.

I hope you're kidding. The crocodile hunter and carrot top are on my top ten most annoying people on TV.

But definitely Shaq, not that he'd bother...

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
I have no idea who Ben Folds is...

same here.. i dont think apple going with music celebrities is such a great idea -- people are usually fairly passionate with their music.. i think it would be a better idea for apple to go for actors -- not many people hate certain actors.. cept if the actor is totally directed to a certain croud (like Leonardo Dicaprio, or whatever..)...

course maybe the biggest stars dont even use macs, unfortunately..

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
oh are you pulling my leg

all the creatives in LA and other locations use Macs.

Well all I gotta say after posting my opinions as to
how the MacRumors community are so negative and
closedminded (Posted in the No G5 till 2003 rumor)
I must say that everyone here is talking about THIS RUMOR
and in a brotherly manor instead of the juvinile Nuhuh thats
not how it is type attitude.

Really, very enjoyable responses from everyone. Take a Bow.

@;0)

zon7

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2001
I am the only one who thinks that Ben Folds is saying something that Apple don't want to let us know?
Apple never tell anything about their ad's.
Soon the notice would be cleared

lordsinforge

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2002
Ithaca, NY
Personally I think that Apple should have Tom Clancy do a spot. He has used macs to write all his books. Add to that having a book he wrote being one of the biggest movie blockbusters of the summer, plus all the other "Jack Ryan" books/movies

And isn't Harrison Ford a mac user?

hmm....

"There is a clear and present danger to the National Security of the United States...

and it's called Microsoft...":)

gropo

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2002
Queens, NYC
- The iMac, with Abe Vigoda (Just have him stand next to it for 30 seconds, saying nothing, glaring directly into the camera, with absolutely nothing happening in the commercial, and I think that would be the most hilarious 30 seconds ever)
haaaa... priceless! I agree, that would knock all the 'switch' critics on thier asses ;)

Super Johnson

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2002
Booo!

Not to begin a heated discussion, but so far no "Minorities" have been used to make the Apple commercials. That's kinda sad, sometimes Apple makes me think they do discriminate. Oh well, back to the closet until we all become minorities! Praying for that day!

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
i think ben's a good choice.

i personally am not a big fan of his music but he is creative and does his own thing. liza richardson is another good choice...been a big fan of hers since she had a show on kera in dallas.

i agree, tony hawk would be good...he does have a cinema display though i don't know which PM he uses.

lenny kravitz...please no...he's this decades steve miller...all hook, no filling!:)

bowie would be great-and he'd do it...probably cost too much...he's one shrewd businessman.

what apple needs are some sports superstars...

tiger woods keeping score on a tibook

etc....

Jefe

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2002
Re: My picks...

Originally posted by a_kim
Here's who I'd like to see promote the mac that I know use it:

Tony Hawk
Thom Yorke (or all of Radiohead.... good luck with that)
Shaq (at least the ipod)
David Bowie
Trent Reznor

Anyone else care to add to the list?

In the meantime, I will do my best to become famous so I can promote the mac.

-Alex

Well you got one wish:
http://www.birdhouseskateboards.com/news.html

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
Re: Rockin' the iBooks

Originally posted by ebow
What, am I the only Mac nut who's also a Ben Folds (Five) fan? Besides a former flatmate... I do agree that Vonnegut would be an excellent choice, but lighten up, people. :p
I like it too :)
And he can play well so he got my vote.
People who say he is a retarded mokey or something:

a: dont play an instument or write music thenselves or (hobyists dont count)
b: should take some lessons. orrrrr
c: just shut up

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
Originally posted by j763

ROTFLMAO!!! That's great! :D

LOL! I was thinking of that 1 too! hahaha
really great.
Still hoping that 1 time on a live show some croc bites his damn ass/head off!

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2002
Maybe you like him, maybe you don't, but he is a Mac user...

Ben Folds is an amazing lyricist and musician, but everyone has their own preference.

Think what you will of his music, he is definitely a Mac user. A few friends were at a show in Baltimore a few weeks ago where he popped his Mac open right on stage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.