Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
It's live.

Somehow, some water got under the screen and left a watermark on the upper left corner. I'm leaving it in a warm, dry spot right now, hoping it'll dry out soon.

IMG_0001.jpg

Edit: here's the warm spot. I have my XBox set up in an enclosed area, so I just put my iPhone 5 behind it with GTA IV running on the XBox

IMG_0002.jpg

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
It's starting to look better. But now it thinks that headphones are plugged in even though they're not. I might end up going to the genius bar and plead them to replace it if it doesn't fix itself.

jono89

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
It's starting to look better. But now it thinks that headphones are plugged in even though they're not. I might end up going to the genius bar and plead them to replace it if it doesn't fix itself.

Hey can post a pictures of the back ?

Thank you

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
You're going to skin the phone and then put it in an otterbox defender? :confused:

sadly yes. very ocd. tiny bit of dust gets into case, and it can get into any case, it will scuff the metal and maybe even screen. this way no worries. think of the bumper issue with the 4 and 4S.

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007

That happened to my iphone 4 when i accidentally sprayed some water on my shorts and the phone was in my pocket. There's probably some water in the headphone jack and it's shorting the connection, making it seem like headphones are plugged in.

Take a blower, or some compressed co2 and give it a few bursts. Make sure you don't get spray any liquid out when you use the co2. If you want to be safe, use something like this

259157.jpg

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I just got home. I am pleasantly surprised! Leaving it behind a very hot xbox for a few hours worked perfectly! There's only a slight remnant of the watermark, which I hope will work its way out during regular usage.

You guys are vultures; pictures are to come.

----------

Here you go:
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
I just got home. I am pleasantly surprised! Leaving it behind a very hot xbox for a few hours worked perfectly! There's only a slight remnant of the watermark, which I hope will work its way out during regular usage.

You guys are vultures; pictures are to come.

----------

Here you go:

Thanks!
on a scale of 1-10, 10 being excellent, what score would you give the BSE?

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Thanks!
on a scale of 1-10, 10 being excellent, what score would you give the BSE?

I have placed multiple orders through BSE, even recommended them to all of my friends. Their customer service has always been awesome, helpful, and pretty quick to respond. The quality on the skins is very good. I have only had one set that came and didn't fit right on my iPhone 4S. I emailed customer service and they sent out a new skin a.s.a.p. Same for if the post office bends them beyond using.

I would give them a 9 out of 10 (10 being excellent). Very good for the money! Usually have deals on Twitter too. :D

Frosac

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2009
I ordered a full body kit on the 21st, didn´t hear anything from them yet....

Thanks for the review! I´m now just a bit scared about the wet apply method after your watermark and headphone port problems....can the skin be applied dry?
Do you really need the water for the adhesive to stick or is it just for the convenience of repositioning the skin?

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OH
You need the water for it to apply properly. If you're careful and don't overdo it with the water, there shouldn't be any issues with the headphone port. I've applied wet protectors several times and it was never a problem. Keep a paper towel handy to soak up the overflow.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
The watermark was my fault. I let water get into the speaker under the camera. I've had multiple successes with wet-apply products before, so just be careful.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Just applied mine. Went on great. They've improved since I first started using them. Waiting now for it to dry. Covers virtually everything. Even a piece for the home button!

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Got mine today. Glad I ordered 2 sets as I effed up the first one royally by dropping it :(

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Here's what my Skinomi looks like falls short on the band :(

will probably order one of these tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 315

firteen888

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
I got my BSE today and had NO idea it was a wet application. It didn't come with any direction other than to check the website for instructions. Complete waste of money. I can get better protection with a $2 eBay protector.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
I got my BSE today and had NO idea it was a wet application. It didn't come with any direction other than to check the website for instructions. Complete waste of money. I can get better protection with a $2 eBay protector.

sounds like user error to me. good job reading before buying.:cool:

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006

i would have to say it is your fault for not looking into it.
I mean, go back to the website. in the middle of the page, it says "FAQ - learn about B.S.E."

and if you click on that, "application" is the middle section.

have you had experience with other skins? Zagg? bodyguardz?

I think you would be far more pleased with the value of bestskinsever if you saw their competitor's prices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.