Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bleh5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
On a side note, I didn't fare as well installing on my replacement iPad Air 2. Just a few minor air bubbles that I think I'll live with.

And... after about a week (possibly less time as I hadn't checked in between) the air bubbles on my iPad went away.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Is there an option to just get the top and bottom protection? They are $14.99 each but you can't order just the top and bottom together. Any coupon codes out there? I've ordered before but the last coupon code I got was 12/30/2014.

BSE-Michael

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
The complete body coverage kit does include coverage pieces for the back edges, corners and sides. You can see these pieces in a couple of the images on the product page. To be fair though, it's not going to protect the same way a hard shell case might so you just have to weigh your priorities and how you'll use the device.

Not sure I understand the ding protection factor with these skins (or any other). If you go to a store, look at the rMB's backside and notice the dings. Bestbuy shoppers have complete disregard for display/demo units and you can easily see the dings on the backside, which these skins seems to expose.

Incidentally, this is the same backside area I once dinged my first MBA on the airplane tray table upon descent :eek::D

I don't have a photo of the dings I saw at stores, but here are the edges I am referencing:
View attachment 549086

mattaz02

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just received my matte skins from BestSkinsEver thanks to the recommendations on here. Super easy to put on and looks great. i usually don't have the patience to put on skins whether it be on the computer or a phone/tablet, but there was something about how these skins that make it so easy to put on. It took me probably 30-45mins to put them all on and then I let it sit for 24 hours before using it. I did put on the wrist and trackpad skin as well. I've got the Space Gray 1.2/512. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    621.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    754.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    567.1 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 311

mattaz02

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Some closer pics

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    576.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    623 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    998.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 214

BSE-Michael

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Looks great. Glad you found us and thanks for sharing!

Michael@BSE

I just received my matte skins from BestSkinsEver thanks to the recommendations on here. Super easy to put on and looks great. i usually don't have the patience to put on skins whether it be on the computer or a phone/tablet, but there was something about how these skins that make it so easy to put on. It took me probably 30-45mins to put them all on and then I let it sit for 24 hours before using it. I did put on the wrist and trackpad skin as well. I've got the Space Gray 1.2/512. Here are some pics

----------

vistokid, I wanted to let you know I received your PM but for some reason my reply isn't working. I submit the message but it doesn't seem to get sent. I'm not sure if I don't have enough forum posts yet or what but if you'd like to open a support ticket on the contact page on our site we'll get your questions answered asap.

Thanks.

Michael@BSE

Is there an option to just get the top and bottom protection? They are $14.99 each but you can't order just the top and bottom together. Any coupon codes out there? I've ordered before but the last coupon code I got was 12/30/2014.

hardy74

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
Witten, Germany

Michael@BSE

----------

vistokid, I wanted to let you know I received your PM but for some reason my reply isn't working. I submit the message but it doesn't seem to get sent. I'm not sure if I don't have enough forum posts yet or what but if you'd like to open a support ticket on the contact page on our site we'll get your questions answered asap.

Thanks.

Michael@BSE

I am also interested in that option. Just need the bottom and the top.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007

Michael@BSE

----------

Thanks.

Michael@BSE

Thanks Michael, I got your reply... I actually got it 4 times :) I will be ordering.

BSE-Michael

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
I am also interested in that option. Just need the bottom and the top.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll start looking into this.

Thanks Michael, I got your reply... I actually got it 4 times :) I will be ordering.

Sorry about that. Good to know it's working though. There are no messages in my sent box so I assumed the messages weren't going out.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Some closer pics

Nice neat install job.
Had the BSE skin on my MBP trackpad - but removed after a few days.

----------

Each to their own.
But I recommend also using the shins on the edge.
Has saved me from a few dings

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Ugh, DHL....

Tracking my package, DHL shows an expected delivery today, with it having traded off the package to USPS two days ago in Grand Prairie, Texas. Funny thing is, USPS shows it left the shipping partner (DHL) facility on the same day in Denver Colorado. No delivery estimate for the package on the USPS site.

I was really looking forward to getting my skin today, but it looks like I'm going to be disappointed. Jesus, why did I ever choose the DHL to USPS shipping option?

Oh yeah, because I'm an idiot.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
This is like ups mail innovations. Lots of places call it their economy shipping. It sucks and is super slow. it's only purpose is to give sellers the cheapest means possible to ship.

Part of the ship is done by ups who then handes it off to usps. Usually you get a usps tracking number which shows no progress until usps actually gets it.

BSE at your prices you can do better. Most of your purchases are at or under the 13 oz limit for first class mail. Set up a business account with usps. Make that your free shipping level.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
My shipping status has changed...

Well, shut my mouth: USPS showed that this hit my local post office today, huzzah!

I'm going to just take it to the kid at the kiosk at the mall and pay him to install it this morning: he can do a better job in less time than I can.

Looking forward to seeing it on my nMB!

Last edited:

clyde2801

macrumors 601
installed!

Took the skin to what used to be the local ghost armor kiosk by the apple store at my local mall. Figured I'd just as soon pay an expert to put it on quickly and cleanly rather than struggle with it. I've taken a few things there for skins and screen protectors over the years, so I've got some goodwill built up.

Guy there was appreciative of the skin, and complemented me to choosing matte over glossy to apply on the SG. He was also quite complimentary about the design and template of the BSE..he called it the most accurate template he had ever seen.

It's superb looking on my SG nMB, can't even tell it's there. Thumbs up!

BSE-Michael

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Took the skin to what used to be the local ghost armor kiosk by the apple store at my local mall. Figured I'd just as soon pay an expert to put it on quickly and cleanly rather than struggle with it. I've taken a few things there for skins and screen protectors over the years, so I've got some goodwill built up.

Guy there was appreciative of the skin, and complemented me to choosing matte over glossy to apply on the SG. He was also quite complimentary about the design and template of the BSE..he called it the most accurate template he had ever seen.

giphy.gif

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

The BSE skins are cut so accurately that they can actually be HARD to install. On a big piece, like the top or bottom, if you stretch it a little it will hang over the edge. I spray liberally with a mix of water, a drop or two of soap, and a big splash of denatured alcohol.

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
Thanks for the pics and feedback! Can you clarify about the circular cutouts confusion? Maybe we can make it easier/better for anyone going forward.

The inclusion of covers for the feet is new with this kit. The feet of the Macbook aren't an ideal surface to stick to and it's easiest to just stick the foot covers on last and without solution. Honestly it was just unused space on the kit so we thought we'd try including them.

Feel free to open a ticket with the support team too if you'd like. Just mention this thread.

Thanks.

Michael@BSE

Hi Michael,

Can please advise how do i get a replacement as i kind of screw the whole film. Everywhere got bubbles :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.