Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
I'm on the 6. I purchased littlebrother but do like the option of setting custom resolution. When I get off work in morning I'm giving this another go;)

Yeah the only problems resolution wise that I am having lie within phone and FaceTime with the dialer.

And the only feature that the iPhone 6+ has that is not working on my device is horizontal folders. but no big deal there. It could just be a glitch that is happening on the 6+.

I hope it works for you. I will try posting pics soon.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
If you didn't know springtomize had a update this morning that fixed the CC issues and a couple others.

I might give littlebrother a try tomorrow it's my weekend;). I'm old everything was just a tad bit to small for my likings. Thanks for the reply!

The update didn't fix the dock icons in landscape with a tweak like UpScale or LittleBrother though, did it?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
The update didn't fix the dock icons in landscape with a tweak like UpScale or LittleBrother though, did it?

That was 1 of the fixes listed in the springtomize update. "Fixed dock rotation". But I won't try it till tomorrow I still have another 9hrs of work. 13hr graveyard shifts eh...

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
I'm on the 6. I purchased littlebrother but do like the option of setting custom resolution. When I get off work in morning I'm giving this another go;)

Here are the pics. Unfortunately messages when clicking the "compose new messages icon" in horizontal mode stopped working after I tested it for you (guess it was a one time deal, too bad I didn't screen shot it) but if you start composing a new message in vertical you can go to horizontal and I grabbed a screen shot of that.

So images are of all the advantages that I have found to being at the resolution of 828 (x-axis)x 1472 (y-axis), and also the couple disadvantage (phone dialer and in call don't seem to have scaled properly, and then now the glitch of messages not allowing that icon to open composing new message.) So in my opinion there are more advantages to switching to this resolution than disadvantages. Hope this helps.

Edit: Images didn't copy in, I will find a way to show you if possible.

Last edited:

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
I'm using upscale on my 6, it works really well set at 827 x 1472.

Current issues:

Weather animation doesn't work
Dialpad look tiny
sometimes input field doesnt show in messages app if launched in landscape.
photo album i.e moments not fully scaled.

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
I'm using upscale on my 6, it works really well set at 827 x 1472.

Current issues:

Weather animation doesn't work
Dialpad look tiny
sometimes input field doesnt show in messages app if launched in landscape.
photo album i.e moments not fully scaled.

Thanks for sharing, I am having the same issues at 828x1472 except my glitch in messages now is if I hit "New Message" compose icon in horizontal it crashes.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Thanks for sharing, I am having the same issues at 828x1472 except my glitch in messages now is if I hit "New Message" compose icon in horizontal it crashes.

Don't know that it's new issue really. I've tried multiple resolution levels and it still crashes like that in landscape. It's a very minor issue that also plagues little brother (or so I'm told). The tweak probably just needs to be updated.

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
What resolution are folks choosing on the 6+. I tried it the other day and it completely boinked my screen.
Thnx.

I have heard people had success with iPad mini/ipad resolutions. (unfortunately I have no way of testing these since I don't have a 6+).

I would try iPad Mini (retina/2nd Gen)* : 1536 (x-axis) x 2048 (y-axis)
*I just did research apparently the 2nd and 3rd gen iPad mini, iPad 4 and iPad air 1 and 2 all have the same resolution.

So this might work and give you more iPad like features on your iPhone 6+.

You want to put that resolution in the Upscale Customization section. Make sure that the smaller number is always in the x-axis and the bigger in the y-axis. If things glitch try to make the resolution scale down a little in consistent increments to your phones original resolution. which is 1080x1920 which divides down to 1.77777778 (you divide bigger number by smaller number). The iPad resolution 1536x2048 divides down to 1.33333333
So you will probably have some adjustments to make and some math to do.

Last edited:

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Wow wtf. So I chose the 6 preset on my 6 on accident and just went with it. I was more so testing the app in general since it was telling me any customer I set wouldn't work. Well now for some reason my time is missing from the status bar. No idea how that would affect it. >.<

Woot, well a respring fixed that one. Time to play around with this and Springtomize.

EDIT: So Messages isn't crashing for me, but strangely enough at 850x1511 it's actually forcing the split landscape mode even when in portrait. Same thing with Settings and Mail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Wow wtf. So I chose the 6 preset on my 6 on accident and just went with it. I was more so testing the app in general since it was telling me any customer I set wouldn't work. Well now for some reason my time is missing from the status bar. No idea how that would affect it. >.<

Woot, well a respring fixed that one. Time to play around with this and Springtomize.

Try the custom resolution 828 (x-axis)x1472(y-axis) it has been determined to give the most overall benefits. You gain many 6+ features. Though the phone dialer will look smaller than it should. And the in call buttons as well. Though everything works normally just looks a little off in those two places (happens in FaceTime voice call as well.

Hope this helps you.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Try the custom resolution 828 (x-axis)x1472(y-axis) it has been determined to give the most overall benefits. You gain many 6+ features. Though the phone dialer will look smaller than it should. And the in call buttons as well. Though everything works normally just looks a little off in those two places (happens in FaceTime voice call as well.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you! Does everything that's out of place still function properly?

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Does everything that's out of place still function properly?

Yes it all functions properly. I am running it now. It just looks smaller. The only thing I wish is that the phone dialer was centered. But it works and you get almost all the iPhone horizontal view features. The only two that are not work are horizontal folders and for some reason in messages when in horizontal view the compose new message button does not work and causes app to crash but you can still compose new message in vertical. The plus side is you can reply to people in horizontal.
It works well try it out.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH

Hope this helps you.

I prefer 827x1470 because the split view on messages mail and full tabbed safari work, but home screen rotation doesn't, and I want it that way since it kills any Iwidgets and frankly isn't useful to me at all.

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
I prefer 827x1470 because the split view on messages mail and full tabbed safari work, but home screen rotation doesn't, and I want it that way since it kills any Iwidgets and frankly isn't useful to me at all.

I will have to try that and see what its like. I enjoy the horizontal home screen. What do you mean by "iWidgets"? I haven't had problems with the notification Center widgets.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Yes it all functions properly. I am running it now. It just looks smaller. The only thing I wish is that the phone dialer was centered. But it works and you get almost all the iPhone horizontal view features. The only two that are not work are horizontal folders and for some reason in messages when in horizontal view the compose new message button does not work and causes app to crash but you can still compose new message in vertical. The plus side is you can reply to people in horizontal.

That's strange. Landscape folders works for me and what do you mean by home screen rotation, the lock screen?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 112

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico

Really? Horizontal folders work for me. :p I've mostly been having weird issues with Messages and my camera app doesn't work, but Camera+ does.

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
That's strange. Landscape folders works for me and what do you mean by home screen rotation, the lock screen?

No the home screen is your first page of apps. Try paging through the pages of the folders it starts to work and the second page bounces back and then doesn't want to move.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 112

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Really? Horizontal folders work for me. :p I've mostly been having weird issues with Messages and my camera app doesn't work, but Camera+ does.

See the folders get stuck for me but the camera app works fine.

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
For anyone on a 5s who wants to get the home screen to rotate horizontaly like the 5s I suggest the iPhone 6 setting in Upscale along with a tweak named Rotate+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.