Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Weatherfix8 tweak fixes the weather animations

Just tried Weatherfix8. Its Not the stock animations and its the same for every weather variable; its constant spinning leaves and clouds for everything. well this issue back on the table

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
It fixed the animation, but caused a black bar on the right side of the screen

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/jjk454ss/4AAFCCE8-8B08-4072-AEEB-CB8BE821DED2_zps44wjs85s.png]Image[/URL]

Hm ,mines fine

6532a1eb52b9dcd9bdb51b239dd0d36b.jpg

rjw8890

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Hm ,mines fine

All I get is this same image of swirling clouds and swirling leaves when I enable this tweak. Why doesn't this doing any thing else. It doesn't matter if it's raining, snowing, cloudy or sunny; it's always the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 128

thenakedshades

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
Does Upscale drain battery life? I had it installed for a day and it drained my battery life. I uninstall it. I saw somewhere that said Little Brother doesn't drain that much battery life. Is it true?

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Does Upscale drain battery life? I had it installed for a day and it drained my battery life. I uninstall it. I saw somewhere that said Little Brother doesn't drain that much battery life. Is it true?

Supposedly Upscale drains battery a bit more than LittleBrother, since Upscale doesn't use substrate, but it's a really small difference than without either tweak installed, if any.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I deleted the tweak guys, I felt it was draining my battery enough for me to notice plus like already mentioned, the little annoying glitches e.g weather animation, black screen app delay and phone dialer.
I will miss the landscape rotation but until these issues are rectified in an update or something, I'm removing it.

Maybe try SBFlip for landscape rotation ;)

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone try NativeZoom? I like the zoom, but realize I don't care about the rotation, does NativeZoom do rotation? Any reason it might be better than LittleBrother or Upscale?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Anyone try NativeZoom? I like the zoom, but realize I don't care about the rotation, does NativeZoom do rotation? Any reason it might be better than LittleBrother or Upscale?

If you're on a 6 or 6+, don't you already have NativeZoom, natively? If that makes sense..

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
If you're on a 6 or 6+, don't you already have NativeZoom, natively? If that makes sense..

Oh yeah good point. But doesn't little brother allow you to up with a resolution on an iPhone six more then the native zoom does?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Oh yeah good point. But doesn't little brother allow you to up with a resolution on an iPhone six more then the native zoom does?

That post hurt my head and I'm so confused. Maybe I'd know if I used LittleBrother, but UpScale works amazingly for me and if I don't want the rotation I'll just turn it off or lower the resolution just enough to turn of springboard rotation.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
That post hurt my head and I'm so confused. Maybe I'd know if I used LittleBrother, but UpScale works amazingly for me and if I don't want the rotation I'll just turn it off or lower the resolution just enough to turn of springboard rotation.

Okay maybe I shouldn't use Siri to write my posts for me. My question is, doesn't LittleBrother allow you to make everything smaller then the native resolution would by itself? That's the feature I am looking for, does it NativeZoom do the same thing or does NativeZoom do absolutely nothing on an iPhone 6?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Okay maybe I shouldn't use Siri to write my posts for me. My question is, doesn't LittleBrother allow you to make everything smaller then the native resolution would by itself? That's the feature I am looking for, does it NativeZoom do the same thing or does NativeZoom do absolutely nothing on an iPhone 6?

NativeZoom on a 6 or 6+ do nothing, I believe.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Has anyone tried scaling options on 6+?

I'd be kinda curious now that I have a 6+ and no longer the 6

cappo3

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys! I very much like upscale and its flexibility!
The advantages are very clear! The landscape mode in Messages, Mail or Notes is veeeery practical! And the tabs in Safari... yummy!
But I really can't seem to find the perfect 6+ resolution for my 6...
Playing around with single pixels, I sometimes get no preview of my photo albums on Years and Collections levels, or when I try to swipe between the fullscreen pictures i need to swipe twice to get to the next one... Another problem i get is related to the landscape keyboard. I clearly get the 6+ keyboard, which has more keys on the sides... these make the other keys way smaller than using the normal 6 landscape keyboard and very difficult to use for me.
Did you guys find the perfect match?

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
What resolution has anybody tried on a 6+? I'd like to shrink everything down a bit but last time I tried it, the screen went crazy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.