Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
I have had some songs in iTunes where I would change the artwork and it would work for awhile, but then eventually it would revert back to the original artwork that I didn't want. Is there a better way to do that? I tried a Dougscript for it and it lasted much longer, but eventually that would even revert back to the artwork i didn't want.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Drugs iTunes scripts are the BEST

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

Works perfectly for that purpose.

Good script, but it u must copy Album Artwork folder if copying between drives... Something i hate keeping anything external to the content i have, (worse still, i cannot see what the artwork is, since the files Apple downloads are encrypted). Although this is by far the convenient/fastest way...

Best method for me is to manually add them in artwork tab.... It'll take a while depends on content, but it's well worth it in the end...

I guess anything Apple downloads that can change on-the-fly as well.. That's always been my basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: arefbe

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Drugs iTunes scripts are the BEST

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

Works perfectly for that purpose.

I had tried that and it lasted a bit longer than normal but it still reverted back the old artwork eventually
[doublepost=1471357646][/doublepost]
XLD might be worth considering
What is XLD?
[doublepost=1471357746][/doublepost]
I find that artwork changes only stick with an iTM subscription, working on a proxy.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/missing-artwork-on-ios-icloud-match-bug.1969555/#post-22837384

I've not found an artwork change that sticks to an iTunes Library. I subscribe to iTM, partly due to the $25-per-year cost being far cheaper than the $250-per-hour that therapy usually costs...

Thanks for the advice..i have an iTunes Match subscription and it still reverts back to the original artwork unfortunately

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks for the advice..i have an iTunes Match subscription and it still reverts back to the original artwork unfortunately
A couple of bits? Are you working on a proxy of your iTunes library? I find this only works by making changes to items while using iTunes "talking" to my iTM account - easily done by me on another Mac or even a second user account on my main Mac (Standard Account, logged in to the iTS while not linked to the Library you're trying to make changes to so that you're connected to the cloud music and not your local music). When I make a change to my iTM items, I've found that, after several seconds (5-10), there's a bit of a "flash" or redraw on my Mac's screen in the Artwork - I leave my Get Info dialog open until I see that redraw; I'll often, but not always have my ATV on with the Music app open - after that redraw it's as if it's been uploaded to Apple's servers, and a few seconds later I'll see my change showing up on my ATV (or iPhone or iPad). Eventually, I'll get back to my main music Library and the changes sync down.

I was working on getting artwork for Freaky Chakra's Lowdown Motivator (don't ask, love the beats...) while at a field office - and it was driving my crazy at the time, and then the phone rang. When I put down my iPhone, there was the artwork, in its Music app.

So, work on a proxy and not your main Library, make a change (it works for lyrics too...), and wait for several seconds.

That's all I've got...

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
For the odd one yes script are good, but i can;t beleive no one has found a way to automate taking artwork and applying it to all songs in a given album...

I would have thought that would have been much more useful, since how many time are u stuck with missing album artwork scattered across millions of songs ?

The only closest thing i found is to do smart playlist... and multiple select the songs in that album...

Still takes time, but the quickest i find.

If its only one of few songs only, u don't need a script for that.... That's what smart playlists are for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.