Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
Once you install that driver to disable the onboard speakers, can you uninstall it if you don't want it anymore? If so, how?

I haven't had any problems with bluetooth or the airport. I do get some wierd hardware issues, and I see a flash of a bluescreen about every 3rd time I shut down. If you hit the power button, it shuts off immediately. It's kind of funny, no "are you sure" or anything.

I too haven't been able to get AIM to work in windows... it's really strange. No BSOD though.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
Ahem...for me bluetooth works fine.I beamed some files over to my laptop just yeaterday and it worked great.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
Mojo67821 said:
Once you install that driver to disable the onboard speakers, can you uninstall it if you don't want it anymore? If so, how?

I haven't had any problems with bluetooth or the airport. I do get some wierd hardware issues, and I see a flash of a bluescreen about every 3rd time I shut down. If you hit the power button, it shuts off immediately. It's kind of funny, no "are you sure" or anything.

I too haven't been able to get AIM to work in windows... it's really strange. No BSOD though.

I'm quoting myself here, because I'm still wondering if you can uninstall the driver to disable the onboard speakers once you've installed it. Anyone?

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
sedek said:
Quit the Windows setup immediately and do not continue. Reboot OS X and be happy. I wrote to the feedback e-mail address and will report back in case Apple responds.

Am I the only one that never gets a response to my feedback? Do you post on the website or is there an email address that is more likely to get a response?

hobsong

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2006
bootcamp and email address

Call me stupid or a slow learner but does anyone know how to type their email address while in windows xp and get the @ sign to work? when i try all i get is either 2 or " help all you knowledgeable people!:confused:

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
hobsong said:
Call me stupid or a slow learner but does anyone know how to type their email address while in windows xp and get the @ sign to work? when i try all i get is either 2 or " help all you knowledgeable people!:confused:

Haha, not a bug but the keyboard layout. Press shift+" and you'll get the @ symbol. You should be able to map the keyboard shift+@ to @, check the XP control panel.

hobsong

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2006
mail address in bootcamp

I knew you wise people were out there thanks now i can mail in windows on a mac and they say us Irish are mad!!!:)

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
fh2level said:
1. Optical Audio Light on
2. Mouse jumps around
3. Won't keep time

MBP
2 Ghz
1 gig Ram

The "Won't keep time" bug has been mentioned a lot. You can partially solve it by setting XP's network time option.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
harveypooka said:
The "Won't keep time" bug has been mentioned a lot. You can partially solve it by setting XP's network time option.

My XP time is fine, it's when I switch back to OSX that my time is off. But it's always 3 hours off so I just changed my timezone... now I have correct time on both sides.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
For those that claim that AIM Triton crashing and getting the blue screen of death is a Windows thing. It's not. I've never gotten the BSOD on my Dell Inspiron 600m....plenty of viruses and tons of spyware though. :S It was what made me get a Mac.

My big issue is while in Windows CTRL+click doesn't work. :(

bophojones

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2006
AIM fix

Ok, so aim was working fine for me, then i started getting the bsod. Easy fix.
Right click on My Computer - Device Manager - Imaging Devices - Right click on USB Video Device and disable it. This should fix everyone's aim problems.

Also, Apple support says that the issue with the time problems are due to differences between the os's.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
My Wacom tablet won't work properly. Each time I restart XP I have to reinstall the driver to use it.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
I have a black Apple Pro keyboard, and upon pressing F14 or F15 (the same brightness keys in OS X) it does indeed decrease/increase the brightness. But, at the same time, it also mutes/unmutes the volume with every subsequent press of F14.

But at least I don't have to rely upon that silly taskbar icon to manage my brightness (where you can turn off the backlight but have a heck of time finding that icon again). I've also noticed that my Macbook's speakers seem louder in XP than in OS X where they're very quiet.

And the BSOD in IM programs is almost certainly due to it attempting to detect the iSight, which upon access, blue screens Windows. This is not a fault of Windows, AIM or MSN. It's hardly even a fault of Apple. It's just that the driver has not yet been written -- disabling it, as previously noted, should solve any BSOD problems related to that.

kennyy said:
after installing winxp everything was fine, the most annoying thing is if plug in headphone the sound will still come out from the built-in speaker. any solution? thanks

This was previously noted earlier in the thread, but here's another thread too. http://forum.onmac.net/showthread.php?t=1268

Shadowspirit6

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2006
sedek said:
Hi,

I just tried to install XP using boot camp on my Intel iMac 20'' and
it was a disaster. Although I followed the Installation Guide to the letter and boot camp, according to the GUI, successfully partitioned my disk, I only had the C: partition to choose within the Widnows setup. Assuming this is the Widnows partition (stupid me, but following the letter of the Installation guide)) I continued. The rest is disaster: Windows puts itself on top of the Mac OS X partition and I need to reinstall OSX after erasing my hard drive. I made a complete backup before, but it was still annoying.

Either Boot camp did not partition my hard drive even though it claimed to do so or my Windows setup did not recognize the partition. Again, the only partition is recognized was C:, which was the same as for OS X.

wait so are you saying DO NOT partition the C: drive ...becuase it WILL overwrite your MAC OSX PARTITION?

p.s sorry for the caps , i just wanted to point things out :D

chaingarden

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2004
Whenever I try to Switch User (Start -> Log Off -> Switch User) on my iMac, once the new user's desktop is loaded, XP no longer recognizes input from my Apple keyboard and Mighty Mouse.

I haven't seen this problem mentioned anywhere - has anybody else tried doing this? I guess a lot of people don't have multiple users set up in XP.

thoma004

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2006
Wireless Network bug

(something for the search engines...)

I think I found an issue when installing Windows XP on a Macbook Pro via boot camp v1.1.2

I am trying to connect to a Dlink DWL-2100AP with an open network named " " - which is to say just a single space with no quotes.

The connection errors out. I then renamed the network to any text such as "test" and tried to reconnect and it worked fine. I then changed back to just a space and reconnected with again no working connection.

So, open wireless seems to work fine with at least simple text but not on a network with a name of " " (just a space)

Graklynn

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2007
XP Reboot on Startup

Ever since I got my Mac Book Pro Duo 2 (17') I have been having issues, but finally I got to a state that seemed pretty stable, then DISASTER. For some reason whenever I load into the XP partition, XP black-screens and reboots automatically right before it initializes the network. I assume it is right before XP initializes the network because the one time it did work very randomly, right when I expected my computer to auto reboot the network icons appeared in the lower right and everything was fine... until I rebooted it.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.