Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
And another rumor claims the 5.5" device will be called iPhone+. Not sure I'm digging that name.

Yeah. But I might finally be past bothering to rent a lot of space in my head to the namers of Apple products. After all, "the iPad" never struck me as a stellar choice in the names department. But the product itself and its cousin the iPad mini were obvious WOW as products, and have remained grand slam home runs in my extended family.

I just give each new piece of gear a nickname like Shorty or BailoutPlan or whatever and let Apple bean counters worry if some monicker like "iPhone+" will sell better than "iPhone 6.5" or "iPhone Sunray". Bottom line I vote with my wallet as do all consumers, and the name of something has never made the cut in my dealbreaker criteria, no matter if the product is a computer, a coffeemaker or a car. Of course I assume this new iPhone+, if that's what it has really been named, will compute, make coffee and beam me up.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
You took their own homebrewed reasoning on phone size as the gospel. "The right size fits all" only exists now in your eccentric imagination where Jobs rides a gallant unicorn upon an Apple themed cloud to rescue us from a two iPhone size offering purgatory. It's all a grand delusion. There is no one perfect size for every single human. A larger iPhone is in no way a sign of the Apple apocalypse. Step away from your high alert status and rejoin the hive.

You can't admit that even though this will make lots of profits, that it's wrong for Apple to do. Fair enough. Not everyone can admit this.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
no chance the 5.5" launches the same time, even with limited quantities

there have been ZERO fully assembled and at this stage millions of iphone 6 should have already been fully assembled and ready to ship out to the world
Totally no chance at all. Even with all the "guarantees" out there it still couldn't hold up to what was just plain guesswork...quite incorrect guesswork at that.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Totally no chance at all. Even with all the "guarantees" out there it still couldn't hold up to what was just plain guesswork...quite incorrect guesswork at that.

5.5" quantities will be very limited so I was half right

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
5.5" quantities will be very limited so I was half right
The argument was not about quantities or anything else, just about the mere existence of it. You were completely wrong on that (despite supposed "guarantees" and all that), and that's pretty much as factual as it gets.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
The argument was not about quantities or anything else, just about the mere existence of it. You were completely wrong on that (despite supposed "guarantees" and all that), and that's pretty much as factual as it gets.

I said it would be limited and it is

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I said it would be limited and it is
Your post is quoted right there as it is, that it wouldn't launch at the same time even WITH limited quantities. You can't even pretend it was something else because it's right there in this thread.

And there's the gem at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1771098/.

You were wrong. You kept on insisting on being wrong. Nothing is going to change that. That's pretty much all it comes down to.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Your post is quoted right there as it is, that it wouldn't launch at the same time even WITH limited quantities. You can't even pretend it was something else because it's right there in this thread.

And there's the gem at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1771098/.

You were wrong. You kept on insisting on being wrong. Nothing is going to change that. That's pretty much all it comes down to.

What don't you get? I said it was going to be limited to the point it practically won't available, and that's exactly what happened

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What don't you get? I said it was going to be limited to the point it practically won't available, and that's exactly what happened
We all get that you were saying something different and now obviously trying to change it around. Not surprising.

overlyunderme

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Houston
LOL dude just keeps on crawfishing. He's wrong. He got called out and now that he's been proven wrong, he can't man up and admit it. It's going to be even better come September 19th and it's not in limited quantities either. But it won't matter to him. His guarantee is his word and he's never wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.