Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
conflicted...the 5.7" just seems too big but yet it seems it'll have more features.

Designx

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
It looks like the iPhone 6 will be my first iPhone (regardless of size). It's time to ditch Android (although there are a lot of positive things about Android and Android-running phones).

I went the other way and got an LG G3 - I love Apple hardware design but IOS looks like it was designed for a 3.5" screen not a 5.5."

Rlong405

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Uk
Anyone think we'll be able to demo the phones in store prior to the release date? I'd prefer to try both sized phones before committing.

Highly unlikely tbh. First sight of the physical phones will be on the actual launch day. There won't be a period before launch where you can go in store to look but not buy.

selliott

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2010
Vegas
I am wondering if they will both be for sale on the 19th (or during pre-order) but the 4.7 will be avaialble immediately and the 5.5 will be a month away or so. Everything until this post said that the 5.5 will be late, and this post still leaves that open. Just because it is on sale during the pre-order or on the 19th, doesn't mean the consumer will have it in hand on that date.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
September 19 is also the reported date that hell is going to freeze over, so this larger iPhone (that Apple would never allow to happen) event should be very interesting.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
I went the other way and got an LG G3 - I love Apple hardware design but IOS looks like it was designed for a 3.5" screen not a 5.5."

I think Apple will redesign iOS somewhat for the 5.5" screen. There would just be too much wasted screen space if it's the same as it is now.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Here's a tip:

Don't try to get one on the first day.

Not only will you face less pain dealing with long lines and waits and such, but if you wait even a couple weeks you'll be getting an iPhone 6 with possible last minute manufacturing flaws fixed.

That was the case for the iPhone 5 (remembering the damage on the chambered edges?) and probably will be the case here too.

selliott

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2010
Vegas
Here's a tip:

Not only will you face less pain dealing with long lines and waits and such, but if you wait even a couple weeks you'll be getting an iPhone 6 with possible last minute manufacturing flaws fixed.

That was the case for the iPhone 5 (remembering the damage on the chambered edges?) and probably will be the case here too.

You may have a valid argument but not get a new apple product on the 1st day - GTFOH! :confused::confused::confused:

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014

The whole scratch-gate deal wasn't fixed until the iPhone 5S where they replaced Black with Space Grey.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
YES!!! Dance party!

DANCE-dude.gif

:apple:

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Here's a tip:

But... but... I want it now. ;)

Wisdom has no place on Apple release day. :D

b3ats

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
UK
Maybe the lack of leaks of the 5.5" is due to who is producing that device? If it's another factory they may have much tighter security - remembering iPhone 4, there were no leaks whatsoever until one was left in a bar.

With the 4.7" it seems that almost anyone can get their hands on one right from the factory.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Im waiting for Apple to release a 6.5 Inch iPhone.. These phones are too small for my taste...:rolleyes:

I actually do want a 6.5" iPad Mini Mini! 7.9" isn't portable enough because it won't fit in any of my pockets and also it's hard to palm one-handed. But 5.5" is more phone-sized which is too small.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012

I was nearly on the edge getting the G3 and ditch iOS, but i'm too heavily invested in the apple ecosystems.

The 5.5 inch is the thing thats missing in the iphone hardware :D

MarkNY

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Apple will need to get demo models out to the carriers immediately I'd think. How to know if the bigger model is too big without playing around with it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.