Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
Many people, myself included, did in fact give the OP advice about "what to do" - in this thread, and the other one he created in which he said he has returned 5 macbooks for issues such as the world's smallest scratch on the BOTTOM of the machine, "light leakage," and a "magic mirror screen" and yet he is still having an issue with Macbook #6.

Sure, there's no reason for gratuitous character attacks or rudeness so I agree with you to a point, but the complaints and tone of some of these posts suggest to me that this isn't a real thread but more of someone doing it for yucks.

Did you see the picture? How on Earth is that a "legitimate concern?"
I mean honestly, return it or live with it. I personally would live with that. Granted I wouldn't live with some of the other reasons he listed such as bent apple logo or scratches around the trackpad, but like I said, it is clear to me that either this thread is bogus or there are some unrealistic expectations at play here.

The item went on sale on June 10 and were in stores on June 12. He posted the "I've returned 5 MBAs" thread on June 26. That's six laptops in 14 days. Do you believe that?

I'm glad we are in agreement about the personal attacks. Those are uncool. I do agree (in general) with questioning some claims by posters, because let's face it, plenty of trolls do exist.

Is his behavior beyond the pale? Are his claims unbelievable? I don't know, but I returned two MBAs in the same time period for similar reasons and I am on my third now, so I guess I can believe it. My first one had the (apparently) slow read/write speeds along with weird battery readings I mentioned in other threads. The second one had a tiny scratch on the bottom. The third one is perfect (at least, from my perspective).

While I sympathize and don't disagree with people who advise him to just live with it, and not have unrealistic expectations, I am someone who cannot live with flaws and have exceedingly high expectations for Apple products. I want to be able to resell my stuff for an upgrade next year -- I take very good care of my stuff, and I rarely end up with more than a tiny blemish or two on the case by the end of a year. I also want to have a great experience, and with Apple stuff I always do (bearing in mind that I will keep returning stuff until I get what I want / what they promised).

Personally, I think we ought to have people advocating both positions (return/keep), because both positions have merit, and it is good to talk through them. Maybe I have just been lucky over the years, but I always end up with a "perfect" device at some point, so I am more likely to stick it out and keep returning until I am satisfied.

Tarrou8

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
My girlfriend saw a tiny little mole on my left shoulder upon closer inspection and considered returning me despite everything else being perfect!
:(

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
I'm glad we are in agreement about the personal attacks. Those are uncool. .........
PERSONAL ATTACKS????????? :rolleyes:

Personally, I think sitting behind a keyboard and not dealing with the real world has resulted in many living in a fantasy "perfect" world that people think revolves around them and their unproblems....... and we reinforce that fantasy world with pages of relatively "cool" replies :D.

Kevbodian

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2005

The item went on sale on June 10 and were in stores on June 12. He posted the "I've returned 5 MBAs" thread on June 26. That's six laptops in 14 days. Do you believe that?

Well, technically it's something like 4-5 laptops in 3 days. We don't know when he bought the first (maybe we do... I'll edit this in a sec if we actually do) and he got the second on the 23rd.

I've just bought this new macbook air yesterday. and saw this tiny little missing corner next to the black hinge at the bottom. Other than that everything is perfect!
Should I return it or keep it?
Can you guys give me some suggestion please?
Many thz

So we know he bought the 1st on June 20; that's 5-6 laptops in 6 days. By complex division, we can see that he's probably been to that store at the very least 1 time per day over this period; however, since the second was on the 23rd (he almost got me here), he's been to that store 4 times in 3 days since then.

However, to give him credit, he may have gone to another store(s) in his area so that they don't remember him as easily.

Thz guys.

Last edited:

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Anyone who returns 6 laptops in 6 days for some of the reasons listed is a cancer to the company and consumers alike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.