Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
That's what many of us experience. No issues. Hmmm.....

Maybe it actually IS a safari problem and not RAM? I still feel that a true RAM shortage would be affecting many other apps and scenarios but the only complaints are with safari and tab reloads. And it's not affecting everyone either. Not sold on the RAM thing.

Ah Mr. "Anything except RAM" is back.

To the OP, I experience this constantly. It's extremely off putting. The iPad is primarily used as an internet consumption tool, yet mine can't handle the #1 internet consumption app - browser. I've posted multiple videos of my iPad Air reloading on two tabs(one being macrumors) and ONLY safari running. Of course the usual suspects here tried using every excuse in the books to excuse the behavior.

I'd really love to see the 10 tabs open at once guy in real life, because every person IRL has a similar experience to me.

----------

I've had my iPad for 6 months now. Never had a Springboard crash or tab reload. Is there a reason you had to start a new post about this nonsense instead of adding to one of the 500 other threads on the topic? Whether it happens to some or not, it's time to stop beating the poor dead horse.

Yes, just live with your substandard product and shut up, right?

GalFriday

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
Northeast US
Just because you don't have any crashes on your iPad, doesn't mean others don't. Did you see the number of people that had the same problem as me? If you don't want to read a thread, just stay out of it. Don't tell strangers what to do or what not to on an online public forum. Save that for your children.

You're pretty rude for a saint. There are a ton of threads on this board complaining about the issue. There was no need to start yet another. That's all I'm saying.

----------

There is nothing substandard about my iPad Air. I have 5-7 tabs open at once at any given time and zero reloads. Sorry you don't believe me but it's the truth.

Seriously, you've made your hatred of the iPad Air clear, so why not just sell it and get an Android or Windows tablet?

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
You're pretty rude for a saint. There are a ton of threads on this board complaining about the issue. There was no need to start yet another. That's all I'm saying.

----------

There is nothing substandard about my iPad Air. I have 5-7 tabs open at once at any given time and zero reloads. Sorry you don't believe me but it's the truth.

Seriously, you've made your hatred of the iPad Air clear, so why not just sell it and get an Android or Windows tablet?

i srsly doubt those say they dont have reload problems, i would love to see video proof to believe it.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Yes, its miserable.

----------

3/4 had also. I suspect retina related. Needs more RAM. The garbage collection processes are incredibly aggressive to make sure you have ram for the next app or tab, and makes switching between apps or going to a new tab very responsive... But yes, you lose data :(

I want next iPad to have 2GB of RAM. With 1GB dedicated to maintaining Safari tabs >:)

Nonsense. You can close everything, restart the iPad. Have nothing running, open just 2 tabs in Safari and it will reload. What's more ram going to do?

----------

Ah Mr. "Anything except RAM" is back.

To the OP, I experience this constantly. It's extremely off putting. The iPad is primarily used as an internet consumption tool, yet mine can't handle the #1 internet consumption app - browser. I've posted multiple videos of my iPad Air reloading on two tabs(one being macrumors) and ONLY safari running. Of course the usual suspects here tried using every excuse in the books to excuse the behavior.

I'd really love to see the 10 tabs open at once guy in real life, because every person IRL has a similar experience to me.

----------

Basically you have proven that RAM isn't the issue since nothing is running and you have 2 tabs opened and it still reloads.

When this happens you have plenty of ram empty.

Do that again and install an app that will show you available ram. You'll see you have available ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.