Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Phew, mine arrived on time this year. No more pretend-delivery-was-attempted trick. Have fun playing!

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I hope everyone got their iPhone delivered today as they expected!

iPhone 6 is definitely far superior to my 4s. The 6 is a good size. No buyer remorse here!

Ali0056

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
so i ordered a 6+ by the reservation system to pickup within a certain time slot on friday morning.

During the reservation process, my phone/model was not available when i chose "device only" but was available when i choose "with contract."

so i reserved "with contract" even though i want to purchase the device only (i already have a contract with fido and don't want to renew it). The reservation didn't ask what carrier you wanted or anything like that, and i know all the phones are in the same pile and unlocked to begin with anyways. Do you think they'll care when i go to buy the phone that i don't want to sign a contract? Or will they turn me away.

It did seem odd that they even ask for that info on the reservation when it shouldn't matter to them.

did you manage to get the phone outright??

ageller

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
I ordered a 128GB iPhone 6 from Apple.ca (outright purchase) on Sunday and when I woke up I checked my status and it went from "processing" to "preparing for shipment".

I'm just curious as to how long it may stay in this state. It initially said it would be shipped within 7-10 business days and delivered between the 3rd of October and the 8th of October. I don't mind waiting, just curious if I may get it sooner.

Thanks in advance.

jlocalled

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
And as of this evening at 6:25 PM PDT of this 19th of September, mine still says "Ready for UPS".

Definitely seems like it won't be coming this week.

... And scratch that, it just got here at 6:55.

Last edited:

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Got a notice that they tried to deliver, I'll be going down to the store tomorrow to pick it up! :)

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
My phones arrived at 3:30pm. I was torn between black and white, but decided to go with black. However, I have changed my mind on the case. I have the blue case and will exchange for black. I thought black on black would look boring, but I am not happy with the blue. Looking at black again, I see it is best. Blue would be perfect for the white phone, though.

seldanne

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Canada iPhone 6 thread!

Anyone get their's at Costco? Do they have the Plus? I'd be looking for the 64gb in either the 6 or 6+. I heard you get a cash card and possibly an accessory kit with it?

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Picking mine up from an Apple Store tomorrow after reserving it tonight. I didn't pre-order or stand in line!

I'm going from a 4S 16GB to a 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey, it will be quite a significant upgrade. Hope you all get yours soon if you haven't yet! :)

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Received both my 6 and 6+ on schedule. The 6+ screen is wonderous; not too bad of a jump from my SGS5 I had been using in the interim. 75% sure I'm keeping the phablet :)

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Picking mine up from an Apple Store tomorrow after reserving it tonight. I didn't pre-order or stand in line!

I'm going from a 4S 16GB to a 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey, it will be quite a significant upgrade. Hope you all get yours soon if you haven't yet! :)

Congrats!

Mind me asking what time you reserved at? Was it 2am EDT?

blurredline

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
Fort McMurray, AB
I had a delivery date of September 19th with it changing that morning to this upcoming Tuesday. Now I get this email tonight. Unbelievable. I never have this issue when Apple ships with FedEx to this same address.

tw6FAuf.png

Last edited:

PMehta

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
That Sucks! Although UPS(Canada) sucks in general...

Completely agree with this, still waiting for delivery 'cos they decided delivering on the 19th was really hard so I have to wait till Tuesday, but then I get an email from Apple saying they're having an issue with my address, call them up to find that UPS tried to deliver unsuccessfully. Asked what time they tried the delivery and it was at 9 pm while it's still only 7 pm. How they manage to do that I have no idea!!

----------

I had a delivery date of September 19th with it changing that morning to this upcoming Tuesday. Now I get this email tonight. Unbelievable. I never have this issue when Apple ships with FedEx to this same address.

Same here, called up Apple to find that UPS tried to deliver unsuccessfully. Asked what time they tried the delivery and it was at 9 pm while it's still only 7 pm. How they manage to do that I have no idea!!

blurredline

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
Fort McMurray, AB
Completely agree with this, still waiting for delivery 'cos they decided delivering on the 19th was really hard so I have to wait till Tuesday, but then I get an email from Apple saying they're having an issue with my address, call them up to find that UPS tried to deliver unsuccessfully. Asked what time they tried the delivery and it was at 9 pm while it's still only 7 pm. How they manage to do that I have no idea!!

----------

Same here, called up Apple to find that UPS tried to deliver unsuccessfully. Asked what time they tried the delivery and it was at 9 pm while it's still only 7 pm. How they manage to do that I have no idea!!

Crazy. Did your UPS tracking show they tried delivering it unsuccessfully?

I called Apple and they said it all looked fine so just be on the lookout to see if it moves on Monday as it's not even in my delivery city yet.

PMehta

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Crazy. Did your UPS tracking show they tried delivering it unsuccessfully?

I called Apple and they said it all looked fine so just be on the lookout to see if it moves on Monday as it's not even in my delivery city yet.

Nope! Hasn't shown anything since it left Richmond BC at 1 in the morning.

Asked Apple to get in touch with UPS and figure things out and they had no idea why I got that email but like you, my orders haven't been out for delivery yet.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
To anyone still looking to get one or can't reserve it before, here's your chance as Apple Canada's iPhone 6/6 Plus is now live again though where I live the iPhone 6 (gold) are all out at this point (at 1:34am EST). I'll try my luck again tomorrow since they restart the reservation system at midnight!

blurredline

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2007
Fort McMurray, AB
Nope! Hasn't shown anything since it left Richmond BC at 1 in the morning.

Asked Apple to get in touch with UPS and figure things out and they had no idea why I got that email but like you, my orders haven't been out for delivery yet.

Yeah, they had no idea why I got that email either even though it came directly from them. I replied to the email confirming my address and I'll call UPS Monday morning if it doesn't update.

Let us know how yours goes too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.