Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2019
Hi.

I'm on a mid-2012 MBP and have just done a full reset of everything and installed a new copy of Mountain Lion.

I then tried to upgrade to Mojave but was met with the following message:

"This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store. Please review your account information".

I clicked on 'Review' and that raised the following message:

"Software Update Required. To make changes to your payment information, you need to upgrade your Mac to the latest version of MacOS".

I also tried opening the App Store to create an Apple ID but that only leads to the same Software Update Required message.

I'd appreciate some help with this. I'm completely stuck.

Thanks.

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond
I don't think you can update directly to Mojave from Mountain Lion. There's some firmware updates in the last release of High Sierra that need to be installed first and then you can go to Mojave.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hi.

I'm on a mid-2012 MBP and have just done a full reset of everything and installed a new copy of Mountain Lion.

I then tried to upgrade to Mojave but was met with the following message:

"This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store. Please review your account information".

I clicked on 'Review' and that raised the following message:

"Software Update Required. To make changes to your payment information, you need to upgrade your Mac to the latest version of MacOS".

I also tried opening the App Store to create an Apple ID but that only leads to the same Software Update Required message.

I'd appreciate some help with this. I'm completely stuck.

Thanks.
There is a whole thread on what you need to get to Mojave here...
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mp5-1-what-you-have-to-do-to-upgrade-to-mojave.2142418/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.