Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacksonc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
Jony's house
I'm trying to download the OS X Yosemite public beta, but it keeps jumping to 5.07 GB and then saying an error has occurred. Is this happening to anyone else?

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
I'm trying to download the OS X Yosemite public beta, but it keeps jumping to 5.07 GB and then saying an error has occurred. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes, I am very frustrated over this as well, I am trying to find a torrent of it, forget about MAS.

Sleix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Sacramento, CA

Getting this same issue as well, around the first GB downloaded and it does it every time. Running an early 2011 Mac Mini.

Anybody know where it's being downloaded to? Maybe if I clean out the cache it can be resolved in some way?

jiehanzheng

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
I am having exactly the same problem. Did anyone managed to download after seeing this message?

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
It took me a couple tries to get it to finally "fully" download. What I found helped (in my case) was to prevent the computer from sleeping which somehow messed up the download. Took way too long for me to realize that but at least I got it downloaded eventually.

anp27

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
:(

Still can't download the beta. I get the error message every time. I've tried everything... rebooting, sign out/in, tried re-downloading hundreds of times but I'm still Yosemite-less.

Very sad.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Glad there's a thread for this issue now. I'm one of the affected and over 12 hours in and still no luck for me either.

Sometimes it'll get over a gig, and then the download will just start over from zero.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
This marks my 20th try.

DNS settings were tested with both Google DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) and the ISP default.
With Google DNS it got to anywhere between 100MB to 2.4GB then it either reset to 0 bytes and started over without any error messages, or skipped to 5.07GB and said error.
With ISP default, it got the same error once then it's stuck on giving the exact same error again and again.

Can someone upload a link to the installer please? > <

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
^ Same here...Southern California and no luck. I've been trying since last night. Gets to 1GB or so, jumps back to zero, then 'An error has occurred'...

joshuaclinton

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2014
Sooooooooo I've been trying to download the beta since it went live yesterday. I logged in, received code, redeemed and started downloading it. However, my connection at time was a joke and I decided to wait to download it later in the day after the servers weren't so loaded. Now, it won't even download at all. As you can see from the pictures, it says "Waiting...", then it gives the error, but you can see, in the last photo, that it thinks (or assumes) that it is downloaded.

My question: Is there anyway to delete the file from my computer and try to re-download? I'm not sure if it may be in any system file folder or not...

THANKS!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.41 AM.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.30 AM.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 9.05.13 AM.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 216

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Sooooooooo I've been trying to download the beta since it went live yesterday. I logged in, received code, redeemed and started downloading it. However, my connection at time was a joke and I decided to wait to download it later in the day after the servers weren't so loaded. Now, it won't even download at all. As you can see from the pictures, it says "Waiting...", then it gives the error, but you can see, in the last photo, that it thinks (or assumes) that it is downloaded.

My question: Is there anyway to delete the file from my computer and try to re-download? I'm not sure if it may be in any system file folder or not...

THANKS!

Look in the Application Support folder > App store folder> the downloaded file.

For those having trouble, deleting the update journal.plist file in said folder might help in downloading the file again (I did not test as I didn't have this annoying problem). It is worth a shot. All that plist file does is show what you have downloaded from the MAS.

joshuaclinton

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2014
Look in the Application Support folder > App store folder> the downloaded file.

For those having trouble, deleting the update journal.plist file in said folder might help in downloading the file again (I did not test as I didn't have this annoying problem). It is worth a shot. All that plist file does is show what you have downloaded from the MAS.

Thank you for replying! The only thing in my App store folder is "adoption.plist"..

jbaugh

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2005
No luck here either

I've tried multiple downloads from the App Store on two different computers. Always the same result. I can an unspecified "error" message with 8 minutes remaining on the download. I've used OpenDNS server and Comcast default DNS server with same results. I have now tried at least 15 times.

Is there another way to access this beta?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.