Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmschmidt

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
So does anyone know if the Iphone works with this Pioneer Ipod interface device? I am sure that sound would transfer but would the controls on the stereo change songs, and like it says will the song titles show on the Car CD Player? If anyone knows please help me out!

I guess I should have got the bluetooth in my '08 Viper! Yeah I don't have a Viper I just wish I did.

i have the pioneer ipod interface and it does work. however, you can only control the ipod through the cars headunit if you put the phone into airplane mode. if you bypass airplane mode so you can still receive calls you can still listen through the cars speakers but must control your music through the iphones interface.

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
i have the pioneer ipod interface and it does work. however, you can only control the ipod through the cars headunit if you put the phone into airplane mode. if you bypass airplane mode so you can still receive calls you can still listen through the cars speakers but must control your music through the iphones interface.

Thanks for the quick reply!!! Very helpful!!! One (or Two) more questions: Do you have a remote control for the stereo and if so does it work to control the Iphone? I have the DEH-4800MB what Stereo do you have (don't know if the model will make a difference)? And do you get the song information, track, album, etc. displayed on the stereo Head unit? And last question: Does your Iphone have the Update?

Thanks you helping me out!

clatrell

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2007
Parrot MiniKit compatibility

I bought the Parrot handsfree MiniKit, as it's small, attractive and has its own voice recogntion system. Unfortunately, it turns out to be only partially compatible with the iPhone. You can use the voice recognition to make outgoing calls, but there doesn't seem to be a way to answer a call. I was disappointed in this, as I'd read that Parrot's products were in fact compatible with the iPhone. Their tech support has informed me that the software will--eventually--be updated, but I do hope they do it soon. I should also say that the Parrot software must be updated via Windows, although it works on Parallels. This was a pain.

pennreporter

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
Iphone 3.1 incompatible with garmin bluetooth

I recently purchased a garmin 1390T which has bluetooth. I had purchased one for my daughter also last month. Hers works perfectly, but she has never upgraded to latest software on iphone. I have. My bad. So my question. This evidently is a real issue. Garmin now says, if you call them, that no 3G or 3GS are compatible, only first generation, which I'm sure has to do with also that they now have produced the nuvi phone. But clearly garmins work with 3.0 software. If I were to purchase another iphone from AT&T, new or refur, is there a way to tell from serial/product numbers on iphone box what version software it has. My understanding is that it's the baseboard that got upgraded (to prevent jailbreaking) that is the problem. I know you can tell from the serial number supposedly what year and month it was manufactured. Would that guarantee if I found one close to my original manufacture date that it would be the older software????

Otherwise I paid more than I needed to for the garmin if I can't use the bluetooth. It pairs up fine, but the person I'm calling can barely hear me and the garmin reboots frequently which according to garmin is because it's with a phone that incompatible.

thanks for any help
trisha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.