Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I am lookingto buy a new CD player that i could keep in my room, i have a very small room and the only thing missing is a CD player. Could you guys recommend something for me.

About the small room - When ever i travel i always ask for very small rooms, i am most comftible when i sleep ina very small room, strange huh. LOL you guys should see every room in my house is big except the one i am in its like 1/5 the size of the others :D

I have always gotten great advice from people here so here goes.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
How about a used PowerBook 3400c and some amplified speakers? You should be able to get the whole setup for under $100. And the cool thing is you'll also be able to play Day of the Tentacle on it!

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
you could buy your self a semi decent set of speakers and just use your comp and itunes? that i all i do at uni and it works a treat. try taking a look at the jbl creatures

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i have this one. it's the low-end of the panasonic "micro" ones. it has a motorized cd player that opens vertically :cool:, quite a nice radio for the size of it and it has an AM antenna which I love. only a hundred bucks though i didn't see where you live lol. looks quite good and very small. not sure if that's what you meant by cd player though...my room is like 9x8ft and this really fills it up. 3.5mm audio in for airport express too :p not that i have one...

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
The speakers are built into the body of the CD player and to make a disc play, you simply pull the cable gently.
I'd rather listen to one of those waterproof radios you can take into the shower. I mean, that new stereophonic invention is going to be completely wasted when the speakers are so close together, not to mention with the 1" cones it must have to fit in such a space. The 3400c would prolly sound better without the amplifier!

Oh and... pull a cord? Pull a cord?!? :eek: :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.