Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
anaxamander said:
I have no idea. If you want (you could RTFM where to submit bugreports), get this Mac version http://members.verizon.net/pucklock/AP-metadump.zip and use "AtomicParsley /path/to/your.m4v --metaDump" & "AtomicParsley /path/to/your.m4v -t > ~/Desktop/print1.txt". Then provide me with both files. If you have multiple files having problems, then you have multiple dumps & printouts. rapidshare, yousendit, whatever.

i'll def. look into that. sorry about the multiple posts; i didn't mean to convey a sense of "help!!"lessness. its not that its a problem, its just so dang annoying.

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
anaxamander said:
astrobot10,

ooh, spiffy. Link changed. I tried to leave a comment for you there, but

"The e-mail could not be sent.?Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function..."

This might be of use to you as well - a static version that might not require cygwin installed (assuming I compiled it right):

http://members.verizon.net/pucklock/AP_cygstatic-v0.8.zip

might lower the bar a bit for you and your users.

Thanks a lot, and yes, the static build works great! Now I don't have to tell people about the dlls. Fabulous.

I'll look into that email bug.

Edit: Also, would it be possible for me to bundle AP in my zip file? Just so that the users have one less thing to download the correct version for. If not, that's fine too.

Edit #2: I think there may be some problems in this build, as occasionally I get filesizes way over the original with no signs of stopping and must kill the process to stop it. It seems to have to do with tags being written for the first time with AP rather than iTunes. For instance, one of my files did not have a name atom set with iTunes, but as soon as I set it with AP and placed the remaining tags, the file went through normally. I don't know if this has something to do with the missing features this one has as listed in the "About this static version.txt" included in the zip.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
I looked at my backed-up video files today, and found that the re-Lostified videos still had the ghost character (_) at the end of them. Could it be that the fix to this wasn't properly implemented, in either Lostify or AP?

anaxamander

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2005
astrobot10 said:
I think there may be some problems in this build

astrobot, I'm not entirely clear - do both static and dynamic have the problem or not. If the static only, that's probably a problem that I (in all likelyhood)won't be fixing (debugging under emulation is heinous). If it is the dynamic version, can you provide a sample that demonstrates the behavior.

asherman13,
Sometime tomorrow a new tagger (by BashfulBladder but based on my own code) will show up. See the bottom of the AtomicParsley site for vID Infiltr8. Perhaps that might solve your problems.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
anaxamander said:
asherman13,
Sometime tomorrow a new tagger (by BashfulBladder but based on my own code) will show up. See the bottom of the AtomicParsley site for vID Infiltr8. Perhaps that might solve your problems.

awesome.

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
anaxamander, yes you can mirror the file, as I don't even have it anymore. To quote my temp page at the former address

To anyone coming to this page in search of AtomicGUI, unfortunately, it is no longer available. My computer needed to be reformatted after experiencing a fatal error, and I lost the entire source code of the program. Please ask around at the macrumors.com forums to see if anyone has a copy of the program they downloaded before the site went down. As of right now, I have no plans to rewrite the program.

I'm terribly sorry for this inconvenience.

anaxamander

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2005
Oh, that isn't good news. Well, at least you purged your computer of months of crud you no longer needed. It was probably OOL - you know they are evil, right? I myself have a deeply rooted mistrust of them.

But I seem to have another language problem.

I would gladly mirror it - if I had the zip file in the first place. I did get it at one point, but I don't know where it is anymore.

If anyone should have it, please post it, or email me please.

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
OK so I was really bored today, and decided to rewrite AtomicGUI for all those needy Windows users out there. I give you TVTagger, a much more bare-bones program. It doesn't support even close to the number of tags AtomicGUI had, but it does do all the main TV tags.

anaxamander, I'm just waiting on permission to include the non-cygwin build of AP in the ZIP before I put it up for download. Thanks. :)

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
Hi all. To quote my site (http://69.117.40.60:3000/atomicgui/):

1/31/06: I am pleased to announce the beta release of a build of TVTagger with support for batch editing (see changelog below). Keep in mind it is a beta version, which means there may be bugs. I will most likely keep the batch and single builds separate, so you can downlad whichever suits your needs. Click here to download TVTagger 1.0.0 Batch beta. Please email me to report any bugs, oddities, or feature requests.

To use field locking, simply check the box next to the field you wish to lock. This will cause the field to be unedittable, and the text it contains to be applied to all open files. Play around with it to figure out how it works.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Also, have there been any changes to AtomicParsley that can be incorporated into Lostify or other tagging programs that could solve my repeat-artist problem on my iPod that I described in previous posts?

anaxamander

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2005
Unknown - you never provided me with a dump. Only YOU will be able to answer your own question. I'm no psychic as to whether it will or won't.

The latest version of vID Infiltr8 was just provided to me - it uses todays cvs version. It is already uploaded; the maintainer (BashfulBladder) will I assume update the MacUpdate listing accordingly.

Although I believe that this problem was probably taken care of with the December 31 version of AP. But that would also be speculation.

rdlowrey

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2006
astrobot, thanks for helping out those of us presently unable to afford the transition from pc to mac :)

i'm trying to command line tvtagger.jar but getting the following error:
C:\>java -jar c:\TVTagger.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at TVTagger.<init><TVTagger.java:160>
at TVTagger.main<TVTagger.java:675>
can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong and how to fix it so i can tag all my tv shows? thanks!

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
rdlowrey said:
astrobot, thanks for helping out those of us presently unable to afford the transition from pc to mac :)

i'm trying to command line tvtagger.jar but getting the following error:

can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong and how to fix it so i can tag all my tv shows? thanks!

Hey there. You don't need to run the program from the command line. Just double click TVTagger.jar to get it running. You may also want to make sure you have the most recent version (it being 1.7.1 which I just released a little while ago). Thanks for using the program!

rdlowrey

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2006
yeah thats the problem

i tried the whole double click thing. i have the most recent version of tvtagger as well as javaw.exe (etc.) and i also associated .jar files with said most recent version of javaw.exe and got no love from my double click...

which spurred me to try command line. nothing happens when i double click. the only thing i can think of is maybe i killed something with hijackthis that should be starting with windows that's necessary?

i don't know. any help would be appreciated.

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
Hmm... odd. Do you have the languages folder in the same folder you're running TVTagger.jar from and does it contain the accompanying en.ini file?

rdlowrey

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2006
okay it's working

not sure what the deal was, but all of a sudden it's working. very strange.

in any case, thanks! nice work.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Holy Crap!

I haven't been on the board for a while and all of a sudden I see a post I created months ago still active! Way to keep the topic alive guys!

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Are there any Mac OS X (hopefully Universal) GUI apps that allow you to specifically wipe the metadata that you may have assigned to a file?

I'm not going to go into detail as to why, but re-editing the metadata isn't solving my problem, and I'd rather wipe the file and re-enter the data as it'll be easier for me.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.